Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta add a few tips to this DIY...

-Patience.

-Safety Glasses(nothing serious, but i got popped in the eye with a pc of flying JB Weld-dont ask).

-If you bondo and its ur first time using, test it on a pc of cut plastic first. Even work on sanding it as well.

-Also^ mix thoroughly, but quickly and get it on there and spread it about. That stuff sets up quick.

-You dont need as much Bondo as you think. You dont wann overdo it, but at the same time, its better to have more sanding to do than to have to re-do the bondo.

-Make sure you have popcicle sticks handy as well.

-If you have a dremel or small hacksaw - USE IT! I had to use a 1-ended saw and it took me quite awhile to cut everything off.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
      Krylon for the WIN!!!11!!!!!1!

dam Keith that looks good......hope mine turns out that NICE....is that a 92/93 grill?

I know this is an old thread....but I had to reply!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
      ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Almost finished. Clear coat is drying, then i may apply another coat or 2, then on she goes. I left the "H" on, so we'll see how that turns out. No mesh either. Ive got a feeling i may have to pick some up.

Theres already 2 or 3 grill hack DIY's floating around, but im tempted to make one myself. Maybe if the responses are good or one is demanded.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Ok, here it is:
          Grill with middle bars cut out:

crappy JB Weld job lol:

Bondo:

Sanded:

Painted Flat Black(minus clearcoat):

On The Car:
          There was something on my camera in this one, thats why it loks smudgy

These were the chrome pcs, now painted. Also a few of the tools i used.

Comment

well here is mine. i have a red mesh but its to dark to see with my phone

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
              i would try soaking the grill in bleach for 3 days, it'll strip the chrome clean off.
              so do you put the whole thing in bleach or just the chrome parts?
              Cheers

Comment

chrome only

Comment

ok.. did my grill hack today too.. just a word of advice for others.. dont attempt this with a damn aftermarket made in Taiwan grille. its a pain in the damn ass !!!! the grille does not come apart and that just makes it harder. i will have pics up tomorrow. its a real shitty job on it but i was just experimenting with it since it was an aftermarket grille. i used epoxy and bondo !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                  A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

I Need One!!!!!!!!
                    93 ACCORD F22B DOHC 190 wHP WHIT OUT 50 SHOT NITROUS CUSTOM PAINT SHAVED DORS 3" DROP DUAL EXHAUST 02' MUSTANG TAIL LIGTHS

Comment

Originally posted by Trini
                      so do you put the whole thing in bleach or just the chrome parts?
                      Cheers
                      the chrome parts.

it was difficult for me to even find a container big enough to put my grill in ahah

so i just opted to sanding it down and painting.

i'll opt to do the bleach method when mine starts chipping, which should be soon.

Comment

im getting there
                        93 ACCORD F22B DOHC 190 wHP WHIT OUT 50 SHOT NITROUS CUSTOM PAINT SHAVED DORS 3" DROP DUAL EXHAUST 02' MUSTANG TAIL LIGTHS

Comment

^^You did it the same way i did mine

Comment

who doesn't love BOB!!!! yeah im just gonna put the mesh this week end....... because im waiting on my motor

Comment

do u sand down the chrome?

Comment

no

Comment

Working...
                                X