EXT: S2k Antenna Install W/ Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralphie
    no there are clearence issues with some of the stock spoilers...

mine has harness from the factory so that when i pop my trunk the antenna lowers...yes it lowers slow but the trunk only pop open when u pull the lever..you have to open it...so yes u have to wait till it lowers but when my trunk is open all the way it would bend the antenna and i have an oem spoiler...so this mod would be good in any circumstance.

Thats what I am saying. when the CB7's were brand new or if someoen had new trunk springs installed, the trunk springs were so powerful they would fling the trunk open hard and fast. not just pop it a little like we're used to.

Thats nice though the HONDA had a OEM way of dealing with it.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i do have the factory spoiler, i love the way it looks... and rice wings are *** (its been proven they dont benefit u unless your going over 150 or maybe it was 180... either way, useless and ricey, besides why do u wanna push down the back of a front drive car?). my harness is hooked up, but sometimes like what happened the other day i have my girlfriend or a friend in the car and i ask them to pop the trunk and i forget to wait for the antenna...i rarely if ever listen to the radio so when i do if i open the trunk i expect it to be down. i cant wait to do the s2k mod, its gonna look damn fine. especialyl wheh n i eventually get the car painted black. i wanna get a oem CF spoiler made someday so i can do my cf trunk finally.

Member Ride Facebook
      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
      For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
        i do have the factory spoiler, i love the way it looks... and rice wings are *** (its been proven they dont benefit u unless your going over 150 or maybe it was 180... either way, useless and ricey, besides why do u wanna push down the back of a front drive car?). my harness is hooked up, but sometimes like what happened the other day i have my girlfriend or a friend in the car and i ask them to pop the trunk and i forget to wait for the antenna...i rarely if ever listen to the radio so when i do if i open the trunk i expect it to be down. i cant wait to do the s2k mod, its gonna look damn fine. especialyl wheh n i eventually get the car painted black. i wanna get a oem CF spoiler made someday so i can do my cf trunk finally.

yea man its going to look really good!!

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
          i do have the factory spoiler, i love the way it looks... and rice wings are ***
          x2
          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I bought a replica from ebay for 25 buck. easy install on my mr2, perfect reception.

now that the mr2 is out of commision i'll probably replace the power ant on the accord with that.

power ant sucks since in the cold it freezes, and makes clunking noises everytime it goes up and down.
            1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
            ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
            OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

^^ this is true!

Comment

so all the parts we need to do this comes with the s2000 antnenna? and we use the black plastic and silver little cap from the s2k antenna also right??

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
                I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

Originally posted by Clean-CB7
                  so all the parts we need to do this comes with the s2000 antnenna? and we use the black plastic and silver little cap from the s2k antenna also right??

Yes.

Comment

dang ralphie you read my mind. my antenna snapped in half so i am in the shopping for a new one. I was going to get a s2k but like it happened to you i don't want my shit to get jacked. If i do get one i will more then likely be taking it off every time i stop which will be a pain in the ass but like you said 97 dollars.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Heres my 10 dollar walmart antenna

wat?

Comment

I used the same method Deckeda did.

My reception is OK, although it was more cosmetic, as I don't listen to broadcast stations much.

The one nice thing about the ACE hardware installation method is that I tackwelded the antenna to the rod, so it isn't coming out of the car.

Period.

I thought about the booster, and perhaps one day, but it isn't a huge priority.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

OEM Trunk Harness???

I have oem power antenna and oem spoiler, and same problem of antenna getting caught on the spoiler when I open the trunk.

Is there some sort of existing "harness" in/on the trunk I'm supposed to tap into somehow to make the antenna lower when the trunk is popped? How do you do this?

I saw once a JDM switch made specifically for lowering the mast for this purpose, but that seems a little redundant; I mean, if you have to hit a switch to lower the mast you might as well just turn the radio off. Plus most of the time I forget to lower the mast before opening the trunk; Having it do it automatically would be much better.

Is there a way to do this?
                          My Ride (Click here)

Comment

bump for info on how to make antenna go down when u pop the trunk to avoid getting caught in spoiler.
                            My Ride (Click here)

Comment

so i put my s2k antenna on last night, took a whopping 30mins and that includes breaking the old antenna anyways thanks a lot for the diy it helped a ton bump up for an easy nice mod

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #41

92 ex 5spd

Comment

got my antenna on Yesterday.. this DIY helped me got it on in about 3 minutes after i figured the screwing ont he antenna part out. THANX for the help!

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
                                I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

Working...
                                X