Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit
    I used the same method Deckeda did.

My reception is OK, although it was more cosmetic, as I don't listen to broadcast stations much.

The one nice thing about the ACE hardware installation method is that I tackwelded the antenna to the rod, so it isn't coming out of the car.

Period.

I thought about the booster, and perhaps one day, but it isn't a huge priority.

Yea i did this swap primarilly for cosmetic purposes but the radio is fine...so i really have no complaints.

Originally posted by BlackPearl2006
    I have oem power antenna and oem spoiler, and same problem of antenna getting caught on the spoiler when I open the trunk.

Is there some sort of existing "harness" in/on the trunk I'm supposed to tap into somehow to make the antenna lower when the trunk is popped? How do you do this?

I saw once a JDM switch made specifically for lowering the mast for this purpose, but that seems a little redundant; I mean, if you have to hit a switch to lower the mast you might as well just turn the radio off. Plus most of the time I forget to lower the mast before opening the trunk; Having it do it automatically would be much better.

Is there a way to do this?
    There is a switch mounted to the antenna(oem) inside the trunk...if your antenna doesnt have it you might upgrade to an antenna from a 92-93....im not sure which years had them or not but my antenna did it on its own before i swapped for the s2k one....
    Last edited by Ralphie; 11-23-2007, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 92_EX_Ninja
      so i put my s2k antenna on last night, took a whopping 30mins and that includes breaking the old antenna anyways thanks a lot for the diy it helped a ton bump up for an easy nice mod

Thank you!!! Yea it didnt take long, i got stuck on modding the nut so it would fit. After that, smooth sailing!

Comment

Originally posted by Clean-CB7
        got my antenna on Yesterday.. this DIY helped me got it on in about 3 minutes after i figured the screwing ont he antenna part out. THANX for the help!

Your welcome....glad it helped!

Upload your pics when you do the mod so we could all see how it looks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
          Thank you!!! Yea it didnt take long, i got stuck on modding the nut so it would fit. After that, smooth sailing!

ya my dremel dies while i was modding the nut. grabbed the electric knife from my kitchen got it most of the way down then my orbital sander to finish. still looks great to this day. i love it, only accord in my town with one that ive found

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #41

92 ex 5spd

Comment

Nice, looks just like mine...
            Drivin a Yota now, The CB7 is still for sale.
            Don't kinfe when you can BLOW THEIR FACE OFF with an M1014!
            Always playin Camp Of Duty: Lagfire 2!

Comment

wow im doing this
              beats buying a whole new oem one
              the guy i bought the car from ripped out the whole mast

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

the S2K antenna screws into the base right? to keep people from stealing easily, couldn't you use something like loctite on the threading?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
                  the S2K antenna screws into the base right? to keep people from stealing easily, couldn't you use something like loctite on the threading?

Yes it screws into the base.....and yes you could use locktite to keep it there but ive only had it stolen once and i wouldnt wanna deal with ripping it out down the road after locktite.

Comment

just so i can be sure on this the s2k antenna is powered?

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

I need to do this now that my car is lower. Just so the body looks a little bit more streamline.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                      PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by xx93accordxx
                        just so i can be sure on this the s2k antenna is powered?

Yes its powered meaning amplified so it has a nice range but it does NOT move up or down...its stationary.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX
                          I need to do this now that my car is lower. Just so the body looks a little bit more streamline.

yea it would look good on your ride dude...do it and post pics!!!

Comment

i need to do this since i snapped my antenna off a week ago...
                            Freedom Is Not Free
                            U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

I plan on doing this mod as soon as i get my radio installed.
                              Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Comment

Its a great mod, i noticed no one had it at the meet.

Its so much better then the stock antenna...no clanking noises and nothing to really bend or break just a rubber antenna.

Comment

Working...
                                X