Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: A Complete USDM Black Housing DIY W/ PICS!!! (56K Be Warned!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    There are car makes that come with Yellow beams integrated. Lots of european models do. When I got inspected, the guy asked about the headlights and I told him that the car was brought from Germany by a soldier in the Army, which in turn I bought from him. I passed inspection.

Leave a comment:

• Losiracer2
    replied
    yeah its just that my friends were hassling me and saying that oh that shit is Illegal and you're gonna get pulled over for that if you keep on driving that way. I personally dont see a prob. w/ it. For instance today it rained, and was kinda cloudy and dark, and the Yellow beams helped out a TON. So this isn't illegal right?

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    Sure why not? I do it all the time, even at night when I'm in the mood for something different. No one seems to flash their highs at me any more like when my highs were white. It has something to do with the yellow light not bothering the human eye as much as white light.

Leave a comment:

• Losiracer2
    replied
    is there anyway we can run w/ the yellow beams only? like in the day time...for that cool look, haha

Leave a comment:

• nostringz
    replied
    <--- Hyper White Highbeams and Low Beams... highbeams dont output green! rofl

here are my yellow highbeams and blackhouse completed!!!

i think arcadia green cbs should all do it! -- carefully... haha

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    www.misterart.com

Leave a comment:

• npor
    replied
    Originally posted by Losiracer2
    heres how i did mine and the finished product, took around 6 hours after i got the bumper off, but i work slow.

wow, that looks amazing. very nice job.

Leave a comment:

• John Conner18
    replied
    ok i give up i searched every hobby store/paint store in town and no luck on yellow clear paint.
    where can i get this stuff online i was going on krylon.com but didnt find it

Leave a comment:

• mj1220mj
    replied
    thanks for the help guys!!!

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    Good job!!! Keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• Losiracer2
    replied
    heres how i did mine and the finished product, took around 6 hours after i got the bumper off, but i work slow.

Leave a comment:

• HondaGuy1212
    replied
    Just completed mine today, I first tried to use a flame torch to split the headlight apart... yea that didn't work to good... I ended up burning my finger lol. I then threw them in the oven at 250 degress and 10 minutes later they came apart like cake.

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    You can use a bolt extractor kit or just follow this easy DIY:

Get yourself a spare 12mm or 13mm socket, cardboard and some JB Weld.

1. Mix up the JB Weld.
    2. Cut out a small piece of card board to fit inside the spare socket and push it all the way in to cover the hole in the back.
    3. Apply a generous amount to the spare socket. Be sure there enough to secure it to the stripped bolt.
    4. Put the socket over the stripped bolt and apply enough pressure for the JB Weld to bond.
    5. Allow the JB Weld to cure and there it is.
    6. Purchase a #10 grade bolt to replace the broken one.

Leave a comment:

• mj1220mj
    replied
    I have a another problem of course. When taking the 4 bolts out from behind the front bumper tunn signal lens (the ones on the front of the bumper not the ones by the headlight) the one was sooo rusty my socket wont even fit on it! There's no space to work either. what should I do?

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    Not hard at all. just don't move the set screws and you should be okay.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X