Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: A Complete USDM Black Housing DIY W/ PICS!!! (56K Be Warned!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cb7FoME
    replied
    Originally posted by i-07
    i need to do my corners
    yeahhh about that...be really careful...cuz i tried that...and my plastic part got deformed...jus be like realllllly careful.

thats y i hav those black'd out corners...i had to buy em...since i messed mine up

Leave a comment:

• enVmeACCORDngly
    replied
    Originally posted by i-07
    i need to do my corners
    i think u jsut pry em open, dont remeber. i think there was a diy about that some where here

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    Originally posted by enVmeACCORDngly
    uhm hrmm try using the hot gun or like a hair dryer for a long time lol iono
    i need to do my corners

Leave a comment:

• enVmeACCORDngly
    replied
    uhm hrmm try using the hot gun or like a hair dryer for a long time lol iono

Leave a comment:

• cb7FoME
    replied
    so if its plastic is it still fine to do this DIY? because i remember i tried doing this on my corner lights and the plastic part kinda got messed up

Leave a comment:

• C91BLX7
    replied
    Originally posted by enVmeACCORDngly
    correct me if im wrong but i think its plastic
    correct.

Leave a comment:

• enVmeACCORDngly
    replied
    correct me if im wrong but i think its plastic

Leave a comment:

• cb7FoME
    replied
    do the jdm 1 piece have a glass cover? or a plastic cover?

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    my newly black housed lights and used pam to get the rusty bults off

Leave a comment:

• Hondatuner998
    replied
    Originally posted by F20A CB7
    Well yes and no, the outside of the headlight is GLASS, that will FOG up if the oven is to hot. SO watch out.

The plastic, NO, the heat doesnt bother it 1 bit, jus the outside glass u gotta worry about. next time i blk house my lights im jjus gonna buy a heat GUN.
    Heres my pics. Headlight and bumper light!

Aw son of a bitch! I could have used my heat gun? Dammit! But if you do that I dont think you will get an even temperature all the way around. Right?

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    Originally posted by Losiracer2
    also be careful when prying the glass out, it could break if 2 much force is applied to separate it from the plastic housing.
    X2; Mines chipped a lil bit on top.B very careful.

Leave a comment:

• Losiracer2
    replied
    also be careful when prying the glass out, it could break if 2 much force is applied to separate it from the plastic housing.

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    Originally posted by cb7FoME
    if you do that on the 1 piece...would the heat in the oven mess up the plastic part? like can it get deformed?
    Well yes and no, the outside of the headlight is GLASS, that will FOG up if the oven is to hot. SO watch out.

The plastic, NO, the heat doesnt bother it 1 bit, jus the outside glass u gotta worry about. next time i blk house my lights im jjus gonna buy a heat GUN.
    Heres my pics. Headlight and bumper light!

Leave a comment:

• cb7FoME
    replied
    if you do that on the 1 piece...would the heat in the oven mess up the plastic part? like can it get deformed?

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    ok doin it tomorrow

Leave a comment:

Working...
X