EXT: mod your tailights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TypeG
    i think if you pre-soak the tail light sealant in WD-40, it weakens the glue a bit. i've heard of people seperating headlights with nothing but WD-40.

from what i've seen, some seperate easier than others, just resist the urge to muscle them open. later.
    agreed .I open my headlight by using ONLY WD40 and a flat screw driver,pre-soaked it over night.But be sure u cover your the light with tape coz the sealant is Damn sticky!!
    -My Member Ride thread-
    -JL store-

Comment

NICE THREAD!!

Originally posted by Juice21
      thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
      Originally posted by GameChewer
      Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

i dont mind that it broke because im not using the lenses, just did it to try pulling them apart...

im worried about aftermarket lenses and how long they can stand the heat before they start to melt a little... ive heard of people having foggy drips forming on the faces of the lenses from leaving them in the oven too long... :\

Originally posted by jack lee
        agreed .I open my headlight by using ONLY WD40 and a flat screw driver,pre-soaked it over night.But be sure u cover your the light with tape coz the sealant is Damn sticky!!
        can you tell me a little more abotu this? i understand why it works, i just would like to know your method. did you like, douse it in WD40, or just spray along the edges? or repeatedly spray every so often? im going to try this method as well on another spare tail light.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          can you tell me a little more abotu this? i understand why it works, i just would like to know your method. did you like, douse it in WD40, or just spray along the edges? or repeatedly spray every so often? im going to try this method as well on another spare tail light.
          yes...spray along the edges before sleep and spray again before u go to work and it's ready to open on lunch time,no need to douse it in WD40.
          As i mentioned earlier,it's sticky,so slowly pry off along the edges as well,dun just pry one area.
          -My Member Ride thread-
          -JL store-

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
            I did the mod this past weekend(exterior metal cast).. and took some pics.. but all at night.. here are the blinker output. i will try to get some daytime shots and share.

i want to do this to my whole tail light except the reverse light. So you just used black metalic paint on there. I heard about niteshade paint or testers transparent paint but not plain old metalic paint....

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
              i want to do this to my whole tail light except the reverse light. So you just used black metalic paint on there. I heard about niteshade paint or testers transparent paint but not plain old metalic paint....
              it is not "plain old metallic paint." duplicolor's metal cast is actually a transparent paint. Just be CAREFUL no to add too many coats.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
              does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

I was wondering, what if you used altezza outer lenses, that are just clear, and put them over oem housing, and make your own clear reds :P

Comment

i should do it cuz i have notin better to do at the moment. lol

of coarse not this second it is dark out lol
                  back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
                    I was wondering, what if you used altezza outer lenses, that are just clear, and put them over oem housing, and make your own clear reds :P
                    That'd be cool, try it lol
                    Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                    MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

lol why bother altezzas are only $20 less than clear reds :P

rather just buy clear reds, but a good idea for those that have altezzas laying around :tU:

Comment

Just gave this a try with my Red/clears yesterday, gonna finish it up tomorrow.
                        Man these things were a bitch to put back together.
                        MRT

Comment

this one seems to be my fav -

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
                            just straight up metalcast on the exterior of my blinker portions with a clear coat. it's visible at night but pretty damn shitty during the day.
                            -:Ĥ:-
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                              use something like this
                              where can i find this and how much might it be????
                              i went to autozone and couldnt find it anywhere......
                              1992 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by metruis02 View Post
                                where can i find this and how much might it be????
                                i went to autozone and couldnt find it anywhere......
                                http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

u can also find tint paint at hobbie stores. . i used it on my lexan car body windows .. don't see why it wouldn't work on our tail-lights.

would clear coat be okay to spray over these? i would hope so
                                -:Ĥ:-
                                Originally posted by wed3k
                                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                                X