X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILoveMyHonda
    replied
    Bump! Nice DIY.

Question: Would I be able to do this swap if I purchased the "rear disc conversion" from TAS? Or would I have to do an OEM rear disc swap?

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    bump since most people are asking for info and are interested to go 5 lug

Leave a comment:

• 2.2litrebeater
    replied
    the prelude nut still doesnt go on all the way, but i was able to get it on enough to stake it and so far its been fine

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by slammed90ex-r
    how much different is the nut for the the prelude compaired to the accord
    i just put the prelude brg on the rear and with the accord nut it only goes on with 4 threads. so the prelude nut should fix this?
    From what he had written about the DYI is that you could can use the Prelude spindle nut for the back with no problem at all and you'd need to do is make sure you hit it hard and stake it securely in that slot.

Leave a comment:

• slammed90ex-r
    replied
    how much different is the nut for the the prelude compaired to the accord
    i just put the prelude brg on the rear and with the accord nut it only goes on with 4 threads. so the prelude nut should fix this?

Leave a comment:

• JG_H23_CB7
    replied
    Great Job Bust.

Leave a comment:

• BustedLX
    replied
    Originally posted by timmy0tool
    busted, just like doing a rotor over hub conversion, can you use let's say a 97-up prelude hub for the 5-lug up front?! can it fit inside the accord bearing? why change the whole knuckle? just a thought since i was looking over the hub conversion and the 5-lug idea came about. is this possible?
    5-lug Honda vehicles rock an 85mm bearing and 4-lug rock an 80mm bearing so the opening in the knuckle is not big enough to accept the larger diameter bearing.

Leave a comment:

• timmy0tool
    replied
    busted, just like doing a rotor over hub conversion, can you use let's say a 97-up prelude hub for the 5-lug up front?! can it fit inside the accord bearing? why change the whole knuckle? just a thought since i was looking over the hub conversion and the 5-lug idea came about. is this possible?

Leave a comment:

• k-mart
    replied
    Originally posted by jdm-cb7
    what year of oddysey suspension you used?
    95-98, but that only applies to the front conversion

Leave a comment:

• jdm-cb7
    replied
    what year of oddysey suspension you used?

Leave a comment:

• k-mart
    replied
    Originally posted by timmy0tool
    as of now, you can only use the accord calipers in the rear. i haven't seen any other caliper swap...yet. i'm sure someone will be able to swap something else in there.
    possibly the 97+ ITR caliper possibly, right? since the rear pads for the cb7 and ITR are the same part number, could you assume that the calipers are interchangable? i dont think that would necessarily be an "upgrade" but that goes the same for the 5th gen accord rear calipers.

Leave a comment:

• timmy0tool
    replied
    Originally posted by ObieWanCoyote
    Busted... So what parts would you recomend for the front swap? Sounds like everything is a direct swap from a `97-01 Odyssey?

What calipers will work (front and rear)?

And what bolt pattern are the new hubs if you recall off hand.

Mahalo -Coyote (`91 ex coupe stuck w/ stock drums in the rear)
    for the front you can use everything that comes with the knuckles of the odyssey. this means the calipers and rotors as well. you can also use prelude VTEC calipers (doesn't matter what year just as long as it came from a VTEC prelude), legend calipers (like busted's setup), and even NSX calipers if you can get your hands on them. basically anything that is compatible with 11" rotor can be used.

as of now, you can only use the accord calipers in the rear. i haven't seen any other caliper swap...yet. i'm sure someone will be able to swap something else in there.

bolt pattern is 5x114.3mm. i learned this the hard way !

Leave a comment:

• ObieWanCoyote
    replied
    Busted... So what parts would you recomend for the front swap? Sounds like everything is a direct swap from a `97-01 Odyssey?

What calipers will work (front and rear)?

And what bolt pattern are the new hubs if you recall off hand.

Mahalo -Coyote (`91 ex coupe stuck w/ stock drums in the rear)

Leave a comment:

• BustedLX
    replied
    You can just replace the dust boot and pack some grease in there but if you have been riding on torn boots for awhile you should replace the whole joint. Reason is that dirt gets in there and damages the ball and socket of the joint.

Leave a comment:

• timmy0tool
    replied
    you can replace just the dust boot? i thought you should replace the whole balljoint?! how do you replace just the dust boot and grease?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X