Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 con of a CAI in the winter

i hate the winter, now i got to clean these shit

that sucks i think you were suppose to put some type of plastic piece over the filter area so debris wouldnt clog it up

Comment

i use a ractive heat shield filter...not to protect it from heat but it has a plastic shield 360 degrees around it. works wonders to keep shit from clogging it.

Comment

^^^ great alternative to protect the intake, but i hate ractive, toucan, apc, etc...

now only if pretty ricky had a complete fender lining intact, then it wouldn't be so bad
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
          ^^^ great alternative to protect the intake, but i hate ractive, toucan, apc, etc...

now only if pretty ricky had a complete fender lining intact, then it wouldn't be so bad
          yea the only reason i use ractive is becuase of the shield, and the filer is cleanable. i would much rather a k&n but ractive has yet to do me wrong. last winter driving around with my cai all winter through salt,rain, snow etc, the filter never got real dirty. but my civic has all the plastic fender liners and everything too. all the stock plastic help. so ugly ricky....get some new plastics.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
            yea the only reason i use ractive is becuase of the shield, and the filer is cleanable. i would much rather a k&n but ractive has yet to do me wrong. last winter driving around with my cai all winter through salt,rain, snow etc, the filter never got real dirty. but my civic has all the plastic fender liners and everything too. all the stock plastic help. so ugly ricky....get some new plastics.
            doesnt that restrict? the filter is so damn small.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              doesnt that restrict? the filter is so damn small.
              hmm good point. it doesnt suck air from all around like a wide open filter, it just sucks from the front. i guess it could be restrictive but i like the sound it makes better than a regular cone filter and i just feel safer with it. around here the safer the better. good point though.

Comment

damn that sux

1966 Chevy Nova
                1974 Super Beetle
                2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
                2004 Honda Element
                2004 Honda Ruckus
                2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
                www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

hmm good point. it doesnt suck air from all around like a wide open filter, it just sucks from the front. i guess it could be restrictive but i like the sound it makes better than a regular cone filter and i just feel safer with it. around here the safer the better. good point though.
                  yea, the only reason i know is because ive taken off the shield around one of those and it was like half the size, LOL!
                  but safer is better...not sure why the guy doesnt have a plastic trim protective piece there...
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i cleaned the filter looks new again nuffin got in it. and i had a shield but one day the filter cold air pipe and the filter fell while i was on the highway. the shield was $10 which fits my budget but pep boys dont have them no more they got these ones for $50 to make for me

Comment

its just gunna happen again dude, u have to do something about it. see if u can pick up a short ram intake tube for the winter, or just do the diy stock piping so u dont hydrolock, sounds like a pain sometimes but its worth it to save ur motor.

Comment

K&N now makes a product that surrounds the filter to keep it cleaner while keeping something like in the 90's% of the airflow.

Comment

ya i feel u that mud from the snow storm i can just take off the cold air pipe and add the filter the otha piece

Comment

Wow that looks like it would get blocked in a heartbeat, not to mention all the water from when it rains. Eek!

Ricky, I noticed that the image sources are from myspace. Do you have an account there, and if so what's the link?
                            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Did you take off that fender lining and start chewing on it to get you some better air flow? Or did the amazing power from the cold air suck up part of that lining too?
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X