Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request: 92/93 Front Bumper shot(s) with the middle line cut out + FMIC if possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: 92/93 Front Bumper shot(s) with the middle line cut out + FMIC if possible

Looking for a pic/pix of a 92/93 Front bumper, stock, with a lip whatever, but it MUST have the middle line cut out that runs below the turn signals. If possible also have a Front Mount Intercooler? Thanks guys
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Here is my old setup

drag intercooler

Comment

is it possible to remove/shave the line that runs accross, the white line thats part of the bumper, i have a 90/91 and its a good bumper for an intercooler, however i want to go to a 92/93 front end, but i want to know if its doable, cutting that line but so it still looks "good" not hacked up. Thanks for that pic tho, keep them comming!
      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
        is it possible to remove/shave the line that runs accross, the white line thats part of the bumper, i have a 90/91 and its a good bumper for an intercooler, however i want to go to a 92/93 front end, but i want to know if its doable, cutting that line but so it still looks "good" not hacked up. Thanks for that pic tho, keep them comming!

if you take your time while doing it, i'm sure it will not look hacked up. you just have to look at it and see where you want to make the cuts. make sure they flow with the rest of the lines, and TAKE YOUR TIME

Comment

The problem that concerns me with a cut like that would be the structural integrity of the bumper.

However, I have seen people who's bumper was bowed there (El's comes to mind)

I don't see how it wouldn't look hacked up though...unless you play with the sides. The turn signals wouldn't work right IMO.

Comment

you mainly have to mount the intercooler along with the piping and adjust the pipes along while the intercooler is mounted. Then shave off a lil replace the bumper back on if it doesnt fit right shave a lil more until its nice and snug and at the same time had more room so that it doesnt look plasted on there. I remember i had to ride around with my font bumper a lil crooked . After i got it finally lined up there was a lot of hackin i had to do especially on both sides. on both cars.

Comment

i'd like to see this too, curious i remember seeing a pic of of a cb here with the blinkers taken out, it was like jdmtrickcb7 (i think thats right). And i actually liked it
              JDB garage

Comment

Working...
              X