No announcement yet.

cloudasc : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after tinkering with my car and alot of thread searching, my car is acting better, the surging seems to have stopped after tightening the idle screw. The only problem I am having now, is that when I am in drive it likes to high idle, around 1200-1300, causing all sorts of vibration ( it has an upside, i went with my girl driving around to get some things, and after a couple extended stops with my high idle and vibration, she started grabbing herself, and grabbing me, and she has been giving me hell about everything, why do you need this, etc... etc... lol)

I think the problem might be from the double stack, and the auto-tranny kickdown cable needs to be adjusted possibly? Anyways I took some videos today with audio, quality is decent (taken with a camera phone). Well anyways heres the videos:

This is a video of park/neutral revving, so you can hear the intake:

Here is a 0-90 pull video:

These videos are taken with the stock a1 exhaust, stock airbox w/ K&N panel filter, and an unpolished and unported head, and the IAB's disconnected (always open). The IAB's are getting hooked up to the ecu tomorrow alot with a couple other things.
    Last edited by cloudasc; 04-19-2009, 09:33 PM.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Frankenstien

Well I got the problem taken care of (the air boost valve was directly tied to vacuum instead of on the intake pipe), installed sylvania silverstars in my new fogs, wired up the iab system, and now my car is running so smoothly!

It is such an amazing transformation. I can't even tell when I turn on my a/c anymore. The car takes barely any throttle to maintain speed, and if your not paying attention you could find yourself speeding. It just wants to go!

Now any mods to the exhaust or the airbox will net even larger gains. Exhaust is next on my agenda, will be a couple months though, till then I think I will be more then satisfied with what has already been done. Oh and every last oil seal in this motor has been replaced. Oil temps get up to 212, and it takes significantly less time for the oil to get up to operating temp with the oil cooler installed. Thanks everyone at cb7tuner.com, my car is now a frankenstien!

Comment

Great start. The rims are dope.
        2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
        2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
        CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
        GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile View Post
          Great start. The rims are dope.
          Thanks! Picked them up for $100 86-88 Legend Alloys, they are noticably lighter then the 14" steelies that came with the car, now if I could only find the centercaps that say Honda, instead of the H that fit. I swear I saw them on a older civic with different rims, that looked like they would fit.

Comment

IMO yours wheels would look alot better painted black like WilliamWs

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
            BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
            SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

I want the same rims as noxidea. 17" Konig Unknowns

Exhaust, Suspension, Rims, in that order.
              Last edited by cloudasc; 04-25-2009, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                I wonder if the center console from a civic over the ebrake could be modified to fit, since they have spots for like 4 switches. Or you could just connect it to the front fogs. Oh did you get a relay to run the rear fog?
                No relay, Im just going to wire it to the tail lights. Car is looking good, get those wheels!

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
                BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
                SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

looks likes its coming along well.

way to rep it for Tejas!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7addict View Post
                    No relay, Im just going to wire it to the tail lights. Car is looking good, get those wheels!
                    Regardless the rear fog is .

Originally posted by midnightrayne View Post
                    looks likes its coming along well.

way to rep it for Tejas!
                    If it wasn't for Texas, i wouldn't have my job, and I wouldn't be able to afford any upgrades, my oil changes aren't cheap btw, and I rack up the miles pretty quickly. 60k in 2.5 years, this car is a champ, and i'm doing my best to increase the longetivity and keep this car feeling as fresh as the day I got it. Now if only I could get the car factory fresh again, still a long ways away *files in dreaming category*.

Comment

hey man hows it going sorry to hear about the headgasket, get that thing fixed asap. and yeah money issues sucks and doesn't seem like i get any were with the car like i would want to one thing after another pops up and takes that money away, so i am going to chill on it and get shit straight and then collect some parts, money and then hit it HARD. plus right now trying to get my gf's bb4 running right it has an overheating problem and i have been replacing parts and trying to track down whats going on.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I hear ya man, its also about time for new tires, and I will probably be upgrading my brakes here shortly aftwards, and in the midst of all this, I want to put an exhaust on, this motor is still strong, as long as I keep a check on my coolant system, and "burp" the exhaust gasses out of my cooling system every 2-3 hours of 80mph freeway of driving & add 1/3 gallon of coolant/water I should be good. I normally don't spend that much time continuosly driving, so everytime I turn the car off, a decent amount of exhaust gasses and air pocket pressure is released. It doesn't seem to be harming the motor, the temp readings I get are just hot air, and the coolant stays above the fins of the radiator. It will be fixed within the next two months, going to mill the head (free compression!), and get new oem valves & springs, retainers/seats w/valve job (in essense refreshing the top of the motor). Ideally I would have liked to do headwork, but my pockets aren't deep enough to get everything I need in order to accomplish that feat at this time.

In the end, the worse thing is going to be driving my gf's gutless wonder of a 2000 civic vp while my cars in the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                          I hear ya man, its also about time for new tires, and I will probably be upgrading my brakes here shortly aftwards, and in the midst of all this, I want to put an exhaust on, this motor is still strong, as long as I keep a check on my coolant system, and "burp" the exhaust gasses out of my cooling system every 2-3 hours of 80mph freeway of driving & add 1/3 gallon of coolant/water I should be good. I normally don't spend that much time continuosly driving, so everytime I turn the car off, a decent amount of exhaust gasses and air pocket pressure is released. It doesn't seem to be harming the motor, the temp readings I get are just hot air, and the coolant stays above the fins of the radiator. It will be fixed within the next two months, going to mill the head (free compression!), and get new oem valves & springs, retainers/seats w/valve job (in essense refreshing the top of the motor). Ideally I would have liked to do headwork, but my pockets aren't deep enough to get everything I need in order to accomplish that feat at this time.

In the end, the worse thing is going to be driving my gf's gutless wonder of a 2000 civic vp while my cars in the shop.
                          sounds good,but no cam upgrade? i bet you get a stage 1 for cheap(lucky your sohc) or maybe a mbr. on here is selling one for good price.with a stock head it would be fine, not to mention you want to mill it and all new springs and valves. plus you get power gain and that nice lobe sound.i think that would match that pnp intake mani you have. but hey no rush cam is simple mod.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                            sounds good,but no cam upgrade? i bet you get a stage 1 for cheap(lucky your sohc) or maybe a mbr. on here is selling one for good price.with a stock head it would be fine, not to mention you want to mill it and all new springs and valves. plus you get power gain and that nice lobe sound.i think that would match that pnp intake mani you have. but hey no rush cam is simple mod.
                            I don't want to change the cam until I can tune the car and I get a better exhaust system on this beast. I have my a1 cam sitting in the garage, waiting for the day I send it to bisi for his lvl 2 regrind. I should be getting a raise here shortly, and that might be able to fund my future mods. My car is still reliable, I have absolutely no smoke/vapor coming out of my exhaust, I will be at the meet next month.

On another note, i'm going to be cleaning & upgrading my battery terminals, there is nothing wrong with them, just one more thing I can rule out in case any problems do choose arise in the future, i'll post pictures once i'm done.

Comment

badass thread man, love all the pics, theyre very helpful...im going to be doing some of the same things to my engine that youve done, and im excited at seeing all of your progress. keep up the good work!
                              I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 1991f22a1 View Post
                                badass thread man, love all the pics, theyre very helpful...im going to be doing some of the same things to my engine that youve done, and im excited at seeing all of your progress. keep up the good work!
                                Thank you, if it wasn't for everyone else who shared their knowledge, I would have never known about half the things you can do to these cars. Mad props to all the innovaters! I am just trying to return the favor, pass along the wisdom and share my experiences. Having this thread has really helped me track/log and be on spot for my maintenance, repairs, & upgrades. Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned, I still have plenty of things in store for this car.

Comment

Working...
                                X