Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AG17CB7 View Post

What happened to the prelude?
    A deer decided to give me free bodywork. I was ambushed in broad daylight not a minute from my house.
    Last edited by lucid; 10-01-2008, 10:50 PM.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
    After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
    Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
    PM me and get it done right!

Comment

new seats

Here is a pic of my new seats that I took today... I didn't know they made Preludes with tan interior, and once I saw these at the junkyard, I had to come back and get 'em. I feel like the interior is really starting to come together nicely.

Comment

hoooly fuckingggg shiiitttt

this bitch must pull
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
          hoooly fuckingggg shiiitttt

this bitch must pull
          Haaahaahah! Thanks. She's a lot faster than she looks, feels just as fast as my 'lude did now that I've got the exhaust freed up. I'd like to make a video soon, the sound of those cams screaming through the tach is just awesome.

Comment

i vot you for next accord of the month, sweet sweet sweet ride man
            51% motherfucker 49% son of a bitch

Comment

nice build, i gotta keep my eye on this.. i love the black/tan interior

Originally posted by Juice21
              thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
              Originally posted by GameChewer
              Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

so that a/c...i really like what you did.

any hopes of a diy?

Comment

Originally posted by weldingtodd88 View Post
                  i vot you for next accord of the month, sweet sweet sweet ride man
                  Thanks, I don't even know what to say to that, but I definitely appreciate it.

Originally posted by breeziebabyyy View Post
                  nice build, i gotta keep my eye on this.. i love the black/tan interior
                  Thanks. I'm really liking the interior now too, but there's still a good bit of evolution before I can quit screwing with it . With the stock black dash and tan doors, it never looked right to me. Expect to see the center console painted black, tan vinyl door center panels, and a black vinyl rear shelf.

Originally posted by npor View Post
                  so that a/c...i really like what you did.
                  any hopes of a diy?
                  You're talking about the climate control pictured in my sig, right? I am really happy with the way that turned out too. I'd be glad to do a DIY, but I already did mine and only have semi-reassembled pics. It's probably enough, but we all like lots of pics in our DIY threads...Actually, I can disassemble mine from the front now with no tools and take pics. It will be easy enough to tell what I did even though I can't show what it was. We've all seen that.

Thanks for the compliment and the interest, and plan on seeing that DIY soon if I keep hanging out here. Let me know if you don't want to wait and would like me to go over it with you.

Comment

A couple weeks ago I noticed my basically new front engine mount was badly ripped, so I decided to repair and upgrade it with polyurethane.
                    Everything came out great. I took pics through all the steps, and used them to make a DIY to share the knowledge (the link is in my sig).
                    Here are a couple pics from that:

I also took this decent nighttime dash pic of the Prelude gauges and Orange LED dash conversion:

I've got the trunk light assembly out and ready for some custom superwhite LEDs I ordered.
                    I won't put it back in until it's done, so that will probably come soon, it's the last stock bulb in the interior.

Comment

hey man i love the car. how hard was it to do the gauge swap.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
                      Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Originally posted by carcollectorkid View Post
                        hey man i love the car. how hard was it to do the gauge swap.
                        Thanks, me too, obviously! After helping my brother put GSR gauges in his CRX, my Gauges were a breeze. I got both cars' wiring diagrams and made myself a "this wire goes to that wire" chart. Then I made a bunch of labels out of masking tape to put on each wire before I cut. After that it was just matching and getting the wire length right.

I didn't even test before soldering because I was so sure it was all right.
                        There is also some cutting needed to the inner dash but it's minor.

Comment

sweet maybe when my car ever runs for more than a couple days at a time ill do that. they almost look stock from the pics. did it cost you much for the gauges and bezel( if needed)

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
                          Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Originally posted by carcollectorkid View Post
                            sweet maybe when my car ever runs for more than a couple days at a time ill do that. they almost look stock from the pics. did it cost you much for the gauges and bezel( if needed)
                            Yeah, def. get your timing perfect and things running right first. I've seen H22s bend valves with the cams off by one tooth.

The gauges ARE stock, really, just newer. They usually cost about a hundred bucks from what I've seen. You don't need the bezel, use the Accord one. You do need to get the plugs from the car that go to the Prelude gauges, with some wire attached-go to a junkyard and cut them if you can't buy them elsewhere.

Good Luck!
                            Last edited by lucid; 10-27-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Wow, I haven't posted anything to this thread since the last time it was warm. Guess I don't like working in the cold.

So I've been without my car for at least two weeks now.
                              I was driving down the road at about 60mph when the left rear of the car swished and dropped. I got out and looked, and the driver side rear wheel was tucked, although I wasn't lowered. I looked at the suspension from behind the car and the brackets had broken clean off my fairly new tokico strut at the bottom. The whole strut/spring assembly was sitting in maybe six inches or more away from the wheel and toward the center of the car.
                              The bottom of the shock body sat maybe an inch off the ground, and the car actually held itself up off the wheel since my e-brake cable was caught in the spring.

The tokicos only have 20k mi on them and the bracket on the other side was split the same way. I know it's my fault they snapped since I created a more solid poly lower shock bushing. There is a pivoting function to the stock part that I all but eliminated, and it eventually work hardened the metal in the mounting bracket until it was too brittle to bend...oops.
                              Honestly that's the first barrel shaped bushing I've seen on a honda that didn't have just a 2-dimensional movement, and the Accord rear suspension is unique.

I'm just glad all people and cars survived, it could've been pretty bad, I was going around a right turn and passing an oncoming semi with a friend and my daughter in the car.

So I did a lot of planning, tool gathering and research trying to figure out how to un-fabricate everything I once was proud of creating. I had to remove the rear knuckles, heat and knock out my aftermarket sleeves and reinstall new stock bushings, as well as buy two new struts. Got GR-2s as replacement since they were a bit cheaper but comparable. Since I was already going through that PITA, I decided to go ahead and put my Neuspeed springs on the new struts.

So I'm lowered now! In just the back, haha.

Not a fan of that look, I ordered an Ingalls adjustable ball joint set for the front which should be here Tuesday, and a set of Wicked adjustable rear upper arms that should be here Friday. I will install as many of my remaining Prothane Bushings (in stock locations this time ) as apply while I'm doing the camber parts, and go for an alignment with a full new set of 205/50/15s . I think I have front shock, upper and lower control arm and sway bar bushings. Time to warm up the press!

I'm thinking about blackhousing the headlights while the car's down this week. I'm ordering full amber corner lights and putting the stock orange bumper lights back in. Polished them earlier today.

I am pissed that the 92-93 Sedan Depo Red/Clear taillights are gone, and I may never have that option again after passing it up.

I was bored and looking at all the uninstalled Accord project parts that are sitting around here and took pics. I'll upload them right after I post this.
                              Last edited by lucid; 05-04-2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

This is from back in November '08, in Greenville NC.

chrome bits, stickers and a PS O-ring. The chrome is pretty hard to photograph. I don't know why I wanted an SE badge, that's not so special.

I'll probably just keep the top line from this Prelude Si/VTEC sticker, it's a silly little finishing touch I wanted to add.

TypeR/Prelude VTEC calipers

5mm wheel spacer/lug kit to fit Prelude wheel offset, new front wheel bearings (also bought a Honda bearing removal tool) some AC retrofit parts, another DC clock, a black Accord/Prelude Rear Ashtray (to match when I paint my center console black)...and some more Tan vinyl, to try some door inserts, a gear shift boot, and cover the rear deck material.

Good right rear window regulator and new unbroken rear inner door handles I want to polish the frames of before I install.

Stock bumper lights with 200k mi and 17 years on them, did the polishing work to bring them back a little before reinstall. And I still need to fabricate a broken mounting tab on one, going to use plastic epoxy to make it.
                                The first pic is one polished, one aged.
                                The second is both polished.

I guess I'll post pics of the broken tokico parts, as well as my new alignment and suspension parts.....With some also of the new drop, finally! No more jacked-up look or feel.
                                Last edited by lucid; 05-04-2009, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X