lucid : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior: New Pics!

Took some fresh pics of my current interior scheme, including the back seats and trunk...

The trunk, Infinity Kappa Perfect 12s, my tool bag and disc golf bag. The subwoofer box is bracketed to the rear strut bar, which isn't visible in this pic.

Some more black & tan interior pics.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
    After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
    Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
    PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Suspension: New Parts, New Pics

Got my camber kits last week, installed them with my Neuspeed Sport springs and a collection of Prothane bushings.

Shock assembly, before

after

New Ingalls Adj. Ball Joints, + 0-1.5*

Front Upper Control Arms, before

My press pays for itself again

Front Upper Control Arms, old parts removed

FUCAs, after parts install

Front Suspension, new parts installed

Poly bushings, front

Comment

More New Pics, Rear Suspension & lowered ride pics

New Wicked Tuning Adjustable Rear Upper Arms

I really like the way this pic turned out

Old vs New RUCAs

Installed

So now I'm lowered, though I don't have headlights or a front bumper on the car since I'm doing a projector retrofit before I reinstall them.
        The front wheels in the pictures below are taller than the 205/50/15s I'll be running after my alignment. I'm going to drive around a bit with the used tires on the front in hopes that things settle some before I go to the alignment shop. This is because my springs are used, and should be fine, but I don't understand why the front passenger side wheel gap is almost an inch higher than the driver side. Everything appears to be assembled correctly upon inspection and reassembly, but whatever

The ride looks like this right now

I'm working on retrofitting these true JDM Integra TypeR 9006 projectors into my stock USDM headlights, my first retrofit.

My Retrofit Thread- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=135038

Oh yes...and this part is still working well.

I've got a BRAND NEW DIZZY to run her with too which should get my tach off crack and back on track with the ass-smack attack so when I rev up, slow fuc*s drop back in the fryin' pan like I ran over they nut sacks they're cryin', man, follow your b*tch and get your butt waxed, you're whiney and can't afford to handle a 92 Accord, good lord!
        Last edited by lucid; 05-13-2009, 10:27 PM.

Comment

retrofitting, projectorfication

Last edited by lucid; 05-16-2009, 09:46 PM.

Comment

wow man this car sure is a sleeper. how did ur headlights turn out?
            My RIDE

Comment

Clean sedan! Deff a sleeper! But what happened to your front-end?
              1990 Accord EX

Comment

I had the front bumper off for those pics while I was working on the headlights.
                I have been borrowing "type mo"'s headlights while I worked on his swap, and looked like this most recently:

Haven't updated this thread in a while, and have some new pics to put up...

redid the rear brakes.

redoing the front brakes now.
                got rid of these:

just got these ready to go on today:

cl hub on accord wheel bearing with longer eibach wheel studs, all new.

switched to these springs:

switched to a new black Honda e-brake handle (ordering more plastic paint for the center console to match)

Comment

Audio

Did a few things to round out the stereo to where i can leave it alone and just enjoy it for the most part.

Installed new 6x9s in the rear shelf. Had to trim the brackets a bit with a dremel for the speakers to sit flat, and ground off some of the thickness on the backs of the grills to get them to clear the tweeters, but it worked out nicely.

Removed the 4" pod and screwed these 6 1/2s right into the door with no bracket.

Before i installed them, though, I cut the leads to the tweeter and spliced them parallel with the door tweeter and a connector, and just the 6 1/2 woofer to the lows.

And this is my favorite...installed a 5" subwoofer port in the panel behind the armrest...looks and sounds great!
                  Last edited by lucid; 08-14-2009, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Lighting

I've been working on swaps and brakes and other car projects...Had some nice blackhoused headlights I've been sporting in the meantime (thanks, Mark).

But all things come to pass and now it's time to make some more progress on this.

The lenses in the integra projectors were clear in color, but the they had a watery, frosty texture when you try to look thru them. I bid on eBay and won a set of 3" completely clear HID lenses for $27.90 shipped. Got them a couple days ago, and they look great, though the camera has a hard time showing how clear they are in a pic...at least you can tell I drink really good beer.

I sanded all the chrome (and my fingerprints) except the Hi beam reflector from the inside of the housing, masked and painted them.

I sanded, smoothed and matched the shapes of my projector housings and painted them as well.

I have a feeling I'm goint to need to make a shroud at this point to keep stray light from shooting thru the two halves of the projector onto the back inside of the housing...there are gaps between the two projector halves that I don't want to block since they may help vent heat.

I've got my (9006 rebase) bulbs and ballasts, relays and wiring...and a car that I would be driving if it had headlights on it, so there should be some well-motivated progress soon.

Anyone with good suggestions for shroud material, please feel free to input. I'm thinking ABS or steel sheet if I end up needing it.

Comment

Dude this thang is sick Keep Rockin!!! Lets see some vids!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                      1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                      1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Working...
                      X