Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting glossy B)

Chilling out on a corner at Silverstone Circuit as you do :P

Yes that is a storm cloud and it did dump it down shortly after that pic.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

now u just need the edm round foglights to complete the front
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Alternator went, so you know multiple birds 1 stone....

Took the plunge A/C delete still got the rad and more piping yet.

Prepped minty brackets, and new alternator.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Thats better no A/C stuff and a fresh new rad and new fixings.

Right whats next... ah yes that right ROH!

Where i got to, had to drive the car for a bit in between whilst aquiring ROH bits, so i got a full knuckle calipers discs etc from a another cb7 4ws which is the same as the wagon setup, so its 282mm but HOR.

CB3 knuckle (my originals) with new ball joints

282mm discs shields

Acura CL hubs and new Accord bearings

97 Prelude Discs

Done! Well apart from tightening the driveshaft nuts and denting it when its back on its wheels later.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

So my Fresh/non A/C radiator is too efficient! If i do a steady speed 50-60 for a while without change, the temp needle drops, and car starts to enter cold idle mode! which=rich=lower mpg and not much cabin heat :P

So i need to do a rad block mod, cover up portion of the rad during the winter. I reckon i could cover up 50%.

But which 50% i wonder?

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Oh daaaaaayum! You're doing WORK! Keep it up man! Love the progress!!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                Oh daaaaaayum! You're doing WORK! Keep it up man! Love the progress!!
                I am indeed, just one thing i havent done yet.... But thats about to change with my next post...

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Ok going to get busy in here!

Watch this space, JDM H22a Type S

Winter build time!

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

So being thinking, as this engine is OBD2, should I convert the car to OBD2 or convert the engine to OBD1?

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Converting the engine to OBD1 can be done for practically free.

The injector resistor box is an easy workaround that just involves soldering. Effectively making one of these:

The distributor can be converted to OBD1 using the internals of your current SOHC distributor inside the housing of the H22A unit. Then your Accord harness will plug into it with no issues and you've bypassed the CKP on the oil pump that the OBD2 H22A has.

The only thing you'll need to add is a subharness to control IABs and VTEC.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Cheers Jarrett

The key to which way i go actually lies in the transmission. This engine comes with the ATTS diff, which is great, but requires an ATTS module which i dont have, neither am i familiar in how it works and what it needs. Im up to for the challenge, but there are some other options.

For example the Accord type r gearbox with its mechanical lsd. Some people are saying the Type S block doesnt fit any other gearboxes other than the one with the ATTS attached, but im looking at these comparisons i cant see any differences that would affect mounting points visually, i cant be sure measurement wise.

What you guys reckon?

Accord Type R gearbox

Prelude Type S ATTS gearbox

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Was asked about a video of the headlight washers in action. So here it is

Oh if someone can tell me how to make that play in a window when clicking on it, rather than it redirecting you, that be great.
                          Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 12-24-2013, 12:46 PM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Well this is awesome. The dedication and attention to detail is incredible.

We have all the parts readily available here, and nobody in North America does a build to the caliber you're doing.

Cheers Marcus. Your attitude and unwillingness to give up is admirable.

Comment

Update, been quite here, so i shall explain.

The Type S motor was creating too much difficulty aquiring the relevant stuff to get the ATTS system sorted, and although it would be good, not worth the extra.

So I sold the engine. Hard thing to do when i only just got it, and it was a minter too! Got good money for it, in fact it paid for the next phase...

So i purchased a Import JDM 92 Prelude 2.2 which as you know come with the 200bhp H22A. So lets try again lol

Out with the engine

Clean up/service/prep begins

Valve coving in process of sanding down, ready to be taken to a paint shop later this week for wrinkle red treatment

This being OBD1 and a normal gearbox is a much easier install, and allows for further development at a later date. But first things first, gaskets, seals and belts all round then pull the F.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

What's to be done with the donor Prelude? Selling it on for parts?
                                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                                X