X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
    Hmmmm.....when did you do you Ring laps?

I was there on Sep. 7th. It is very chaotic during open lap time, but it is a great experience.
    No way! Looks like we just missed each other! First evening of ring laps was 13th. Then i was there til 16th. Yeah at 5.15pm the surrounding area and the carparks either side of the barriers gets pretty busy! I wait 15mins for the first batch to process though then its not too bad traffic wise.

Leave a comment:

• cb9love
    replied
    Thank you for the ring video, I have been waiting for your return to the ring.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    That crossover is very very pronounced. You were right about that intake upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Hmmmm.....when did you do you Ring laps?

I was there on Sep. 7th. It is very chaotic during open lap time, but it is a great experience.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Another trip to the Nurburgring this year!

This time with some semi slicks up front, decent brakes and the U2Q7 gears and LSD.

Pics to come, but I manage to go pro both a lap on the Nurburgring, and the Nurburgring GP Circuit.

Here is the GP Circuit. Go pro didnt record til half way through the session, I was about 10mins in by this point. Please be kind, I had to google the track layout whilst in the queue to go out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubl6kJsgXiY

Also the Ring lap, I did 5 over a space of a couple of days, it opens for public use 5.15pm-7.15pm so normally a chaotic frenzy of people trying to get on. Again excuse the lifting of throttle, I am not a master of the ring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W99...ature=youtu.be

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Looks like very good work.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Well big update time, only been in the paintshop queue for like 3 months but, back in March I booked in for new rear arches.

Last week I got it back, and I very happy with the outcome

Progress pics from the paintshop

Finished product

Filled the antenna hole while I was at it.

Also got these radius rod bushes in too.

And did some serious tiding up inside all arches also.

Put on some new rear tyres, Goddyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 215/45/17 91Y XL too, loving them also.

So yeah these arches were letting the side down Sorry had too. Really has freshened up the appearance.
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 07-22-2016, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    I contemplated getting those trailing arm bushings myself. I'm curious to hear what differences in handling they make.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So, my time enjoying the new manifold swap got cut short, through a very odd accident. So the rear bumper top corner where is meets the rear arch has been sticking out, due to a rusty bumper bracket. I rushed past the car a while back and my pocket caught the bumper and ripped the bracket off.

Anyway I thought right thats it I need to get the this sorted. I had already acquired the new replacement rear arch panels, so I booked the Accord into the paintshop. I then proceeded to angle grind the rust back to where there is good metal, and uncover how bad it really is. Its not terrible but the bumper can not go back on. So the car is grounded until mid May til is gets both rear arches refreshed at the paintshop. I am excited for this since this was the most obvious eye sore on the bodywork.

Meanwhile I have go about installing some bushes.

So the trailing arm bush was getting tired, so I got hold of the Hardrace uprated rubber trailing arm bush. Got that in. And refresh the arm it self with new undercoat.

Also arrived today was these Hardrace uprated rubber radius rod bushes, which again the old were tired,
    which was amplified due to the power increase of H22a swap.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by cb9love View Post
    I'm still hoping for some more track footage.
    Me too! The Accord is down for some bushings work, and in 2 weeks times it goes off to the paintshop. After that, I hope from May til winter I can just get in and drive it. No more bloody down time!

There is serious talk of another Nurburgring trip this year with my mates, so that would yield some track footage for you

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    Hey Marcus

I had heard about your EuroR mod using stock h22 injectors, how did you get the fuel hose to fit properly? Any chance you'll be doing that DIY article?

I have a euro r intake manifold that I'm going to be using soon and this would definitely help.
    Yes the plan at the very start was to do a ATR/Euro R intake manifold swap, but keeping all the functionality and OEM of my original setup. Obviously goes without say I have lost the IABs but that is all.

Yes I still have every interest in doing the DIY. In fact I shall start it tonight, and finish it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• cb9love
    replied
    I'm still hoping for some more track footage.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Hey Marcus

I had heard about your EuroR mod using stock h22 injectors, how did you get the fuel hose to fit properly? Any chance you'll be doing that DIY article?

I have a euro r intake manifold that I'm going to be using soon and this would definitely help.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    You should, most of the effort is in the prep. So down time of the car is small. The manifold can be worked on off the car on a bench somwhere.

I might do a DIY since its still fresh in my head.

I know there is one already, but this one would be "ATR manifold install on a H22a retaining full stock functionality"

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Fantastic stuff. I'm even more eager to do this myself now!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X