X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
    I have had both the h22 and the H23 VTEC, the H23 VTEC has more tq.
    But same power as H22, the torque is what sells it.

Stock per stock H23 VTEC is the way to go, if you have random parts lying around. If its your first swap I would say go H22, just to get you familiar ya know, and acauire some of the h22 parts needed to complete the swap.
    Yeah defiantly something to consider

Cold shots fresh in...

These Uniroyals are working a treat, i over took a Audi (4x4 one) who was struggling on a gradient, just slipped right past in my 2wd old Honda lol.

The car has grown some teeth!

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• drummersteve7
    replied
    I have had both the h22 and the H23 VTEC, the H23 VTEC has more tq.
    But same power as H22, the torque is what sells it.

Stock per stock H23 VTEC is the way to go, if you have random parts lying around. If its your first swap I would say go H22, just to get you familiar ya know, and acauire some of the h22 parts needed to complete the swap.

Leave a comment:

• 93a-lude
    replied
    Clean car

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
    nice man.

h22
    H23 VTEC

now that is what is up!
    Some motor swap is on the cards soon as possible i think. This H23A Vtec, i thought they were only only around 160ish bhp, but looking at the "Blue Top" version it seems to have 197bhp.

Like this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2512016765...=p5197.c0.m619

Originally posted by tommi View Post
    need more action shots of the rear fog. an idea of the shot im thinking is
    but with blowing snow or snow on the ground or rain as the uk always rains
    But yes mainly raining at the moment, i defo could try and get a fog shot with the fog light on, but the one above is a really nice one be hard to top that!

Funny you say that, i resently bought a new Cannon Powershot and havent taken any good pics yet with it car wise. So i will do just that.

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    Is that photo of one of the EDM fog/tail lights? Cool!
    Yep, that pic is how a LHD EDM CB is standard. the inner rear lights do nothing other than one for fog only.

I rewired mine to used the inner rear lights to be more useful day to day, and still have fog function as well. Mine is on the right because RHD.

Leave a comment:

• wildBill83
    replied
    Is that photo of one of the EDM fog/tail lights? Cool!

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    need more action shots of the rear fog. an idea of the shot im thinking is
    but with blowing snow or snow on the ground or rain as the uk always rains

Leave a comment:

• drummersteve7
    replied
    nice man.

h22
    H23 VTEC

now that is what is up!

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So been driving about on these wheels and tyres now for a couple days, tell you something, feels very different, alot more lateral movement from the sidewall flex i guess. Good amount of cold weather grip though that the key.

Cant believe the difference between 45 and 60 profile makes.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    And in other news,

Well its Winter now we have frost ice and - figures, so i have succomed to Winter mode.

OEM 15" Alloys with brand new Uniroyals 195/65/15.

This is the new look for this car now for the next 3 months. Joy....

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 12-02-2012, 09:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    And to go with that dyno video above, is the power graph.

Numbers are hard to understand, but basically the yellow box numbers are the corrected, and true reading. This is shown on the graph as blue, and only shows the biggest difference which is at the peaks. The numbers are measured at the wheel.

So 122whp is about 146hp
    120wlbft is about 144lbft

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 12-01-2012, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    This is the run, poor quality i know but you get the jist.

http://s563.photobucket.com/albums/s...=accordrun.mp4

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Well we had an open day at work yesturday, we got a guy in to do free dyno runs all day so people can come book in for servicing or racing, and get a sneaky dyno run.

Uses the better method of attaching to the hubs appose to the wheels.

At the end of the day couple of the guys at work wanted to put their cars on, and i didnt say no to sticking the Accord on!

I have a printout and video to post up, waiting email from the guy with that.

But i have picture and results.

So with basic 95 fuel, (didnt plan ahead there!) did 3 pulls.

122whp at the wheels.
    146bhp at the flywheel.

Not too bad for a more or less standard F20a.

The guy overlayed my F20a graph with a stock H22a its interesting that the difference in power is only a contant 20bhp until 5700rpm when the H22a adds another 70bhp in vtec at 7000 odd rpm.

So i need a H22a

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So came across a deal, a member from the UK Accord forum was selling his Bilstein coilovers, for a very good price. I couldnt say no.

So i have upgrade to Bilstein Coilovers!

What they are actually is H&R Race Lowering springs which has been matched to the Bilstein adjustable ride height B14 damper.

So far then the marketed Bilstein B14 Pss coilover kit for our car is rated at 485F and 305R, and Bilstein have matched their dampers to the rates.

Also H&R coilover kit for our cars come with Bilstein springs. Kind of interesting. manufacturing buddying up there.

Anyway ive just installed them on my car in replacement and an upgrade from Megan Racing sleeves which were rate as we know at 450F 350R, putting the better damping to one side from the Bilsteins, i can feel the spring rate difference already.

In theory it would create mild understeer from the last setup i had as the fronts got stiffer, and the rear softer. But the dampening has delt with that perfectly as its completely neutral. Rides like lowering springs comfort, but with coilover handling.

I have pics, they are used, and therefore not pretty, but you can see what they are. The dampers are in mint condition thats the key, the springs are flaking paint but thats just cosmetic.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    Car looks great. It's good to see it back on the road!
    Thanks Jarrett, its nice to be driving it again.

Originally posted by tommi View Post
    only negative if u perceive it as negative. the net does not capture sarcasm i guess nor do u.
    The internet does not correct, so dont use it, as its likely to be misunderstood.

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
    Tommi, anymore negitive comments on my thread, i will delete them. Just say nothing if you have non constructive criticism. Im bored of them.
    only negative if u perceive it as negative. the net does not capture sarcasm i guess nor do u.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X