1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
        i'd remove your cup holder and notch that area to fit it
        hm, I'm not into that much custom fabricating, especially since the CD player currently doesn't accept CDs

In all seriousness, the thought did cross my mind, but it looks like I'll be using some Velcro to hold the CD player to the console (in the exact place that it's in now). That is, if I can get it to work.

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
        Noice!
        Thanks, man.

Here's a video of said "testing" after installation. *Avoid clicking if you're not the type to blast KC and the Sunshine Band.
        Last edited by Nurega; 10-12-2010, 03:16 AM.
        Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
        2005 Acura TSX 6MT
        2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post

Here's a video of said "testing" after installation. *Avoid clicking if you're not the type to blast KC and the Sunshine Band.
          I'd prefer "Give It Up"
          The beats on that songs gets me going in a hypher mood.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
            I'd prefer "Give It Up"
            oh, I know the feeling

Update: I ditched the CD player after analyzing the problems. The motor that pulls the CD in and pushes it out (upon ejection) is off gear, so I'll need to open it up when I have some free time (maybe around December?).
            2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Car looks good bro =] it's getting there. Keepin it oem!

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake
                I'd prefer "Give It Up"

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
                  Car looks good bro =] it's getting there. Keepin it oem!
                  Thanks, Vex. I'm going for a fairly stock look, nothing drastic or excessive.
                  2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

shat! i tried the 8-pin from that panasonic cd changer i had in my garage, and it wouldn't fit. the next generic pin style to look at is an 8-pin MINI, but.. :'< its getting closer to the conclusion that we need to get the "honda" ones lol
                    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                      shat! i tried the 8-pin from that panasonic cd changer i had in my garage, and it wouldn't fit. the next generic pin style to look at is an 8-pin MINI, but.. :'< its getting closer to the conclusion that we need to get the "honda" ones lol
                      Yeah, it's quite unfortunate. It looks like $60 or nothing. I think I'll stick with my FM transmitter until I find a used AUX adapter.

The cassette adapters cause HUGE sound degradation, my FM transmitter requires that my iPod be within a few inches of my head unit (highly irritating), and AUX integration is expensive. Guess we get what we pay for, eh?
                      2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                        Yeah, it's quite unfortunate. It looks like $60 or nothing. I think I'll stick with my FM transmitter until I find a used AUX adapter.

The cassette adapters cause HUGE sound degradation, my FM transmitter requires that my iPod be within a few inches of my head unit (highly irritating), and AUX integration is expensive. Guess we get what we pay for, eh?
                        blehh, even upgrading OEM stuff is surprisingly expensive for such an old car like ours hahaha

I ordered an iPod adapter off ebay from this one person, it was described as being able to fit hondas, so when it comes in imma give it a go and if it works, then i'll let you know. the cable was ~$25 dollars, but its a 12V cable so it won't charge the newer iPods that have the 5V charging style. you can get an adapter to convert it though
                        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

hey you want my old amber corner lights and a gutted 90-91 grille ahha. just taking up space.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                            hey you want my old amber corner lights and a gutted 90-91 grille ahha. just taking up space.
                            Sure, I wouldn't mind taking those parts off your hands. Do you want anything for them?
                            2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

nice job son! keep it up

Comment

A few updates. I installed red/clear taillights a few weeks ago, but they've begun to leak due to heavy rain and shoddy sealing. The Legend flushmount is off the car so I can give it a solid repaint and refinish. I can't stand the spoiler's gaps anymore, so I'm giving it an extensive dremeling for a proper refit.

I've also reinstalled the PT3 ECU. The P12 ECU I had is great for low-RPM power, but I hate that it's for an automatic. The awkward idle sequence is wearing down on me, so I'm looking to trade it for a manual P12 ECU, or sell it outright.

I replaced the VSS today after complete speedometer failure. $27 Amazon part works like a dream.

Finally, I have JDM power folding mirrors coming soon, which I'll be retrofitting into my USDM mirrors.
                                Last edited by Nurega; 12-21-2010, 05:19 AM.
                                2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Working...
                                X