Nurega : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
    The original plan was to use a junkyard defroster switch, but for some reason, the fogs would stay on ONLY when that switch button was pushed.
    Momentary switches will do that.

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
    There was a Prelude Si there! I ran to open the hood, hoping to see the coveted DOHC VTEC letters. Got a good view of the ground underneath instead.
    Actually the SI Prelude had the H23, only the Prelude VTEC had the DOHC VTEC. Regardless, even SI Preludes are fairly rare for the junkyards.

Diggin the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
      Momentary switches will do that.

Actually the SI Prelude had the H23, only the Prelude VTEC had the DOHC VTEC. Regardless, even SI Preludes are fairly rare for the junkyards.

Diggin the sig.
      I just wired it to a hazard switch today. It works, but it's a little disconcerting to have two hazard switches on the dash. Sanding off the switch's paint looks awesome, but doesn't look original. We'll see.

I didn't think about the Prelude VTEC and Si difference, good call!

And as far as efficiency, I drove from LA to Danville a few weeks ago at a 75 mph cruise the entire way, save for a 10-mile 100+ Civic Si chase. I don't know if the P12 ECU is to blame, but I got only 30mpg, less than my previous, higher-speed all-highway tank (30.6 mpg). I'm planning some EGR and TB cleaning sometime this month to see any effect.
      Last edited by Nurega; 09-14-2010, 02:21 PM.
      Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
      2005 Acura TSX 6MT
      2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by nurega View Post
        It works, but it's a little disconcerting to have two hazard switches on the dash.
        super emergency!!

Comment

mintyyyy, paint looks fresh and i LOVE that trunk lip.

Comment

2005 TSX 6MT just driven home last night! Car goes to my father.

This means I'm getting my CB back. Can't wait.
            Last edited by Nurega; 09-08-2010, 07:32 PM.
            2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

dammn, i wish i did all highway driving hahaha, i was able to knock out 24-25mpg reliably though mixed driving! maybe a little more freeway but yeah do you do all highway?
              blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by i<3cb7 View Post
                mintyyyy, paint looks fresh and i LOVE that trunk lip.
                thank you! The trunk spoiler is from a 89-90 Legend.

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                dammn, i wish i did all highway driving hahaha, i was able to knock out 24-25mpg reliably though mixed driving! maybe a little more freeway but yeah do you do all highway?
                My last 4 tanks have been 95% highway, with A/C on most of the way. I got 30.5, 31.6, 29.4, and 30.3 on those four. That third tank was with my father driving, and he's a bit of a leadfoot. The way you drive definitely matters when it comes to efficiency.

The best I ever achieved was 33 mpg, and this was under pretty ideal conditions: it was a 60 mile one-way drive that I made once a week at 55mph, without A/C and only one person in the car. My mixed average is 28.11 mpg over the last 27 tanks, and that's with a good amount of city/traffic driving (I live in LA).
                Last edited by Nurega; 09-14-2010, 02:33 PM.
                2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

when you say the fogs would only stay on when that button was pushed do you mean when it was pushed and lit up or you would have to hold it in. the oem fog switch you have to have pushed in and lit up for them to work..?

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
                    when you say the fogs would only stay on when that button was pushed do you mean when it was pushed and lit up or you would have to hold it in. the oem fog switch you have to have pushed in and lit up for them to work..?
                    oh, I was trying to toggle the fog lights with a defroster switch. The lights lit up only when the button was held in, which made it useless.

With the OEM fog switch, it would work just like the hazard light switch. Push (not hold) the button, and the toggle will turn on. Push it again, and the toggle will turn off. I wired the fog lights with a hazard switch now to make it work like this. I hope this clears it up!
                    Last edited by Nurega; 09-16-2010, 12:18 AM.
                    2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

awesome! i like the inventiveness ! lol so many members have fog switches though for like $20 bucks. would look so much cleaner.

Comment

So, does that mean now you can do anything to the cb?

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
                          awesome! i like the inventiveness ! lol so many members have fog switches though for like $20 bucks. would look so much cleaner.
                          After spending so much on the fog lights, bulbs, and wiring, I wanted to finish the project as cheap as possible. I'll get a fog light switch eventually; it really does clean up the look. It looks very awkward right now with two hazard switches on the dash

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                          So, does that mean now you can do anything to the cb?
                          It sure looks like it, except now I can't resist modifying the TSX. A Hondata ECU reflash and Injen intake would really bring out some more fun in that car. The car is fantastic the way it is, but I want to hear that engine a little louder. It's way too quiet.

I live 500 miles from my parents, though, so I'll be focusing on the CB.
                          2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega
                            It sure looks like it, except now I can't resist modifying the TSX. A Hondata ECU reflash and Injen intake would really bring out some more fun in that car. The car is fantastic the way it is, but I want to hear that engine a little louder. It's way too quiet.

I live 500 miles from my parents, though, so I'll be focusing on the CB.
                            Ask your dad to see if you can trade him
                            Glad to hear it all goes well.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

After two exhaustive searches at the local Pick-Your-Part, I finally found a good-condition 1988 Acura Legend Coupe radio and CD player head units. I was originally going for a 91-95 head unit, but this had the rare CD dealer-installed option. The head unit is going in next weekend, but the CD player will require some creativity in order to look relatively OEM.

The head unit is double-din, so I'm planning on extending the wires and mounting the CD player on the left of the passenger footwell. However, this will make it difficult to reach the buttons on the CD player. My backup plan is to put it in the glove compartment, but I tend to fill it with other electronics (limited space). Any thoughts?

Last edited by Nurega; 10-11-2010, 07:27 AM.
                              2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

hooray for no more intermittently-working right-front speaker!

I love how OEM it looks, save for the awkwardly placed CD player.
                                The sound quality is noticeably improved, likely due to the equalizer. However, I couldn't get the CD player to accept any CDs. Also, the location of the CD player is compromised, so I have yet to mount it to the console. Anyone have any ideas on mounting locations/CD player operation?
                                Last edited by Nurega; 10-12-2010, 02:35 AM.
                                2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Working...
                                X