Nurega : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AG17CB7
    Keep the flushie so when you get it back, you can just put it back on. Or just leave it on the car
    x2....

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by AG17CB7 View Post
      Keep the flushie so when you get it back, you can just put it back on. Or just leave it on the car
      Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
      x2....
      I decided to keep it. I looked for that particular Legend flushmount for more than a year, and I just got it about a month ago. There's no way I'm selling now. Aside from fitment issues, it makes the car look more European, which I really like.

I'm getting a junkyard seattle silver trunk to appease my dad's request for a stock-looking car, just for now. I'll be posting up pictures in about two weeks before handing over the keys.
      Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
      2005 Acura TSX 6MT
      2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

All that work and now you have to do that. Sad.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I hope you ain't going back to the OEM Lift Kit.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

All that work and now you have to do that. Sad.
            I'll have her back in a few months, so don't worry!

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
            I hope you ain't going back to the OEM Lift Kit.
            I decided to keep the car lowered, but if the KYB shocks decide to blow, I'll really have a problem on my hands. I'm just praying they'll last the next 10,000 miles. I've so far put about 1500 miles, and the shocks still have good dampening ability.
            Last edited by Nurega; 08-05-2010, 07:14 PM.
            2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

IIRC , you have Tein Stechs?

Yeah , good luck blowing your shocks out. (sarcasm )

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega
                I'll have her back in a few months, so don't worry!

So you will have to swap everything all over again? And if he want it back you have to swap it out again?

Comment

So you will have to swap everything all over again? And if he want it back you have to swap it out again?
                  yeah, pretty much

In the endless effort to continue small modifications...
                  I picked up a P12 ECU while I was at the junkyard yesterday. It is for an automatic Prelude though, so it has the awkward idle sequence when I'm crawling at 0-10mph. Haven't felt any extra power - yet. I've been babying her for another 30+ mpg tank, after getting 28.88 mpg last tank.

There was a Prelude Si there! I ran to open the hood, hoping to see the coveted DOHC VTEC letters. Got a good view of the ground underneath instead.
                  Last edited by Nurega; 08-10-2010, 01:44 AM.
                  2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Operation De-Rice: Part 1

She looks super plain without the flushmount. I'm regretting it already.
                    Last edited by Nurega; 08-14-2010, 06:47 AM.
                    2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

clean!!!

Are you gonna get your own someday?

Comment

clean!!!

Are you gonna get your own someday?
                        The title has been in my name for more than a year, it's technically mine ahaha

I'm just helping out my dad for a while, seeing as he needs the car and I don't. I can live off a bicycle without a problem
                        Last edited by Nurega; 08-26-2010, 02:55 PM.
                        2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

After 7 hours of dealing with shorts and bad grounds, we finally got the fogs wired. We ended up ditching the cheap NAPA harness for a thick, homemade, well-insulated wire after the cheap one shorted out several times. We were shaky about the reliability of the cheap harness, and had concerns with engine bay heat melting the insulation.

Because we didn't have a switch, we ended up wiring the fog lights to the parking light harness. The original plan was to use a junkyard defroster switch, but for some reason, the fogs would stay on ONLY when that switch button was pushed. Thus, we ditched the defroster switch as well. So now, when the parking lights are on, so are the fogs.

and the super-thick, water resistant, homemade wiring harness:

Love the look. I definitely want to thank Konigstiger, Visual Poet, and 904drACCORDMANG, for the firewall-hole location help.
                          Last edited by Nurega; 08-26-2010, 02:43 PM.
                          2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

^^^ Look so good....

I'm in the process of turning mine back to as much stock as I can too.

Comment

not bad sandeep, looks like you got the glue off the trunk pretty well. Gorilla glue chips off right? haa

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                                not bad sandeep, looks like you got the glue off the trunk pretty well. Gorilla glue chips off right? haa
                                I actually just got a junkyard trunk instead. I genuinely hate that the badges have been ripped off. It makes the car look like any other old, tired Honda.

The Gorilla Glue was simply impossible to get off without scraping. It resisted Goof-Off and just laughed at solvents...not a chance. At least this way I can get my flushmount back on when I get the car back.
                                Last edited by Nurega; 08-27-2010, 02:36 PM.
                                2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Working...
                                X