Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job man. Have fun with the manual. Leaving the auto tranny is like being reborn.
    "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

Glad to see it done Steve, let me know if u think I should do the swap as well...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

LoL i hear ya about the 5speed conversion lol quite a experance eh? lol

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

yea it was a good couple days for the swap, definately thank people on my behalf too for bearing with the living conditions, and the foreign lands u had to reach to get this garage....jk...but all in all most of the work was done during later towards the day, everyday, since i had to work in the mornings and i would pick up steve then head over to the farm lands...haha...but yea it was definately a lot of work, i'm sure its well worth it, and i'm sure steve would mention that too, but i'd agree with steve when it comes to doing this swap if u have a completely stock cb7 or any other car. It might be easier to just start off rite by getting the 5-spd in the first place....

but yea a good couple nights, cuz we mainly worked after the sun went down and i'll say this again steve:

IT WOULD'VE BEEN LIKE %689435489742 EASIER IF WE WOULDA GOTTEN RID OF THE FUKING A/C.
          [/sarcasm]
          that, once again is my opinion, a lot of people like the luxuries and the comforts of the A/C and would look past the problems and the "getting in the way" of numerous things. So ignore this when i say it: i hate a/c's theyre the one of the worst things to be put in a car, god..i'll stop now, i could write novels of how a/c's are not needed..
          Happiness is CR-X shaped

Comment

very glad i was able to help with the conversion, i had a great time with steve and sunny (crsex). wish i could have stayed longer and got to feel it when it was done, but ill feel it soon. you still have my tools and jack

also be glad that it went as well as it did... this conversion has potential to have some really crappy stuff happen... like if that release bearing wasnt on right, youd be pulling the motor back out again, or somethign small could have gone wrong and been hard to diagnose...

anyway enough babbling, are you glad i encouraged you so much? youre going to absolutely adore your car now... take it from me and 1crawlinaccord (who im glad to see posting now): its like being reborn!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

[QUOTE=accordtunerx]

QUOTE]
              Nice pic, and its about time you did that swap. Looking good Steve.
              Carlos
              My Members Ride Page

Comment

thanks guys. yeah.. i'm definitely happy about how it went down... it was a lot of work, but i KNOW it was well worth it.

oh yeah.. mike and sunny.. we can't forget about the sicknesses we kept passing around during this swap lol. i think there were about 3 viruses working against us that whole week

oh yeah, and walking into mcdonalds for breakfast covered in dirt and grease after being up all night working

or walking through the drive thru at wendy's

and i'm keeping my damn A/C

Comment

I'm surprized you didn't spread the cold my way. all that coughing in my face I thought for sure i'd be in bed for a couple days

Such a good time for sure, and the car runs very well steve
                  ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                    or walking through the drive thru at wendy's
                    story time!

i drive the group to wendy's, park, and we get out and walk through the drive through. we give the lady this story about how we are working on steves car in the development down the road, we have no car, but its late and we are very hungry and want food... so she lets us order and everything, and the greasy hands and clothes helps... then we get the food and walk and jump back in my car, and she sees. then steve gets out and walks back up to the window with some problem with his order and the girl is like "i thought you didnt have a car?!!?" lol...

still waiting on the video footage, doesnt need to be a cut/finished video, i jsut wanna see all our random footage again and show my friends/gf

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

sadly these are the only good 3 pictures that i have of the conversion/swap we did a week ago. nothing technical, but you guys can see the awesome setup we had in the garage

Comment

Nice i can't wait for a ride in the cb7 now. It was fast in auto, with retarded timing and bugs. WRX hunting time sweet pics steve

Comment

yea, many many stories to tell aside from the swap itself, the goats, the chikens.....the Burch House at night...the random boats watching us, ofcourse the sickness accompanied us all along, aside from almost all the fluids found in a car, i'm still spitting up break fluid in the mornings haha..
                          Originally posted by DUNKiNUTS
                          Nice i can't wait for a ride in the cb7 now. It was fast in auto, with retarded timing and bugs. WRX hunting time sweet pics steve
                          i like how u say "WRX's" ........and NOT STi's, and ofcourse we all know you meant ONLY WRX's and but NOT the STi's...
                          Happiness is CR-X shaped

Comment

Awesome!! When are you sending your shifter to be modified?

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
                              Awesome!! When are you sending your shifter to be modified?
                              probably either tomorrow morning or monday. you will receive it next week for sure.

Comment

sick as hell steve man, u gonna invest in a manual trans guage cluster? and yeah get that shifter out it took no time for me to get mine and your closer so might take even less time

-sean
                                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Working...
                                X