87awwhelznaww92 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update...

so i know its been a while,but due to work,sidejobs,money,priorities,and an upcoming family trip..i been a bit slow with my engine build but..a few weeks ago i got hold of a new oil pump,new valve seats,and i ported and polished the intake side of my h22 head to match with the bisimoto intake manifold gasket.im trying to find a newer/better set of cam shafts since the lobes on mines are a bit worn.and due to the trip,i cant really be spending much money like that.most likely ima finish the motor build around feb/march.anywho...heres some pics for ya to check out...
    cleaning the head=

how dirty it was before=

lining up the bisimoto intake gasket to do some porting=

after=

how it sits now=

and btw i also picked this up off a member from this forum...

sorry for the picture quality...iphone cameras arent the latest and greatest...more updates soon...

Comment

My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

update...sorry for the delay...

its been a little bit over a month....and i finally i made some improvement(a very little but important improvement) i have finished porting my head both intake and exhaust sides are done.im thinking of sending my head out to a machine shop to get it cleaned up better and posibly have them check all my valves and springs..im thinking of getting new valves and springs but too expensive frm honda ( a little over a grand).anywho heres some new pics...

Comment

port job looks good brotha, keep it up.
          status on h22 engine building?
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
            port job looks good brotha, keep it up.
            status on h22 engine building?
            glad u should ask steve....
            so i had a friend of mines check my valves,and he told me that i needed my intake valves regrind and my exhaust ones were ok,however i took them to the machine shop and they told me my valves were too thin to be able to be used,so i ended up buying new intake valves (8),rings,and bearings...all for a whopping 200 bucks!..and so monday came around and i loaded up my ae86 with all my engine parts (even the trans),and i was going to take them to the shop but since it snowed tuesday i didnt get to drive the ae86...anywho...today i was able to do this!!!!...(really proud btw!)...

new valves (old one left,new one right),rings and bearings..both main and rod..

tomorrows plans....wash crank and oil galley using spray nine and parts washer,install new main bearings,new oil pump,crank,oil pick up,and possible oil pan...depends on time though...well till next time!!

Comment

Don't forget the lube, engine assembly lube that is!

good progress, I can not wait to see this thing in action.
              what did you do with your old f22?
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                Don't forget the lube, engine assembly lube that is!

good progress, I can not wait to see this thing in action.
                what did you do with your old f22?
                still in the wag...once i get it out it ill be trash......dont know how bad is the internal part of it...still got the other f at the house...seems like it doesnt want to leave just yet haha...

Comment

a lil teaser....

enjoy...

block has=
                  -new bearings(standard size 0.0082in thick)
                  -new oil pump assembly
                  -new rear main seal
                  -new water pump
                  -new piston rings
                  -new piston rod bearings

bottom end is almost done as far as building goes,i still need to get new oil cooler seal,and the oil pan gasket.this oil pan is off a f22b2 i had laying around and it bolts up and lines up with no problem.i ran into a little issue with one of the main cap dowel pins,it was damaged(i supposed frm the dissasembly but didnt catch it till now) but that dowel pin got replaced by using the f series dowel pin frm the oil galley.f/h oil galleys are the same(part # matches) however the crank on the f series is smaller than the h(it could be why h's make more hp???) anywho i should have the bottom end done by this week,and the whole engine should be finished by the end of next week according to plan,and of course with out prepwork either.thinking of painting the valve cover championship white,found some left over cans frm when i had the itrs..still thinking about it but as for now this is what i got..comments are apreciated and haters are loved as well haha...l8r...

Comment

just got my H23 manual tensioner...will install it tomorrow...as for my wagon....super excited!!!!! my buddy that drives a tow truck is towing it tomorrow so the F will be out of my engine bay...pix should follow soon....

Comment

Comment

awsome pics joshy!,you and milton are clutch!....btw....the eff had a hole behind the a/c compressor...i guess thats why it didnt crank haha....

Comment

after engine and trans were dropped off...next day i went back to the shop and started doing a little bit of cleaning at the bay,so far this is what i have...

before cleaning....

pasengers side while cleaning...found rust...due to battery corrosion...

driver side was oilly due to p/s leak possible oil leak....

AND since im not having a/c....i deleted the a/c unit thats behind the glovebox and blower motor...

this is how the firewall area looked before...

after looping the p/s lines and leaving one line open for a breather hose..

passenger side bottom after clean up

driver side after clean up...

passenger side after clean up...main harness is inside the passengers compartment...

tomorrow im going to ask one of the body guys that work at our bodyshop to see how much he'll charge me to paint my engine bay...might as well paint it while i finish my H...stay tuned...

Comment

Looks good, Diego! Nice progress. You're gonna get the bay painted Bordeaux Red or another color?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
                              Looks good, Diego! Nice progress. You're gonna get the bay painted Bordeaux Red or another color?
                              hmm...thinking on which color to paint it...it actually depends on how much it ill be,but..im probably doing a cadillac paint color...just to be different id guess dunno yet..worst case ill go flat black...

Comment

Originally posted by 87awwhelznaww92 View Post
                                hmm...thinking on which color to paint it...it actually depends on how much it ill be,but..im probably doing a cadillac paint color...just to be different id guess dunno yet..worst case ill go flat black...

don't tell me you want to paint it like this:

yeah, don't forget the Mary Kay letters on the doors.....
                                JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Working...
                                X