Oh yeh the car still kickin. Just sits alot waiting for me to drive it

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    But you still have the car, right?

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    Well its been a good run with this look but i sold the tl wheels today. Back to sittin on the cv pros for now till i get some other wheels sorted.

Leave a comment:

• lbus9168
    replied
    It's great to see the restoration going. Keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    thanks guys for the encouragement. its harder and harder to find these things and i want to keep preserving it and restore it. its an extension of myself

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    I congratulate you on taking the time to repair it - I know it is a tough decision to start cutting!

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Im glad to see you didnt throw in the towel and you are getting it back in the game.

It is scary when you see someone cutting big holes in your car. I had the same feeling couple months ago when getting my rear arches done. Hope you enjoy using it again.

Leave a comment:

• baracuda
    replied
    the work looks great, I doubt a body would have done much of anything differently.

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    BIG UPDATE! put this off for far too long and i think wing zero deserves the attention. im sure some of you have been wondering whats been going on since my last post but alot has changed and it seems sometimes with alot of friend involvement time and patience.

the following pics arent for the feint of heart... both of us worked our asses off and the outcome couldn't be better, he by no means is a body restoration guy he did his best and i couldn't ask for any better results. thanks for the encouraging words mark.

drove it around without rear bumper still looks good lol

didnt think i was that low but i had to make a makeshift ramp to get into my friends workshop and his house quite irritating lol: MOAR LOW LIFE

sigh..

started as a harmless bit of orange in my trunk behind the seam sealer. (honda really fucked us when it came to seam sealing everything cuz once water penetrates and starts to rust it keeps going along the weld under the sealer)

after a lil more digging, at this point i was pretty upset at the findings already how much worse could it possibly be?

oh nice a hole in my trunk: i kept digging anyways

weight reduction at its finest

more

in the end this was all that was cut out

even though in this pic i have a huge hole in my trunk, i still love this car and refuse to give up, i love driving this car! was actually lookin back at my build page, ive come a long way. too far to give up now.

back to it

big freakin hole u can see the ground great now.

outside looking in

cleaned up the area

new metal formed and shaped to fit the hole. he ended up needing to cut and form three pieces to get it all closed back up

the slow painful process of slowly tacking everything in place slowly to not warp metal.... (ninja turtles are the sh!t)

before

primered first

proceeded to seal the whole trunk area inc spare wheel well.
    better than new i think

special thanks to my friend KENNY. we spent almost 9 straight hours from start to finish.

keyword to this journey... PERSISTENTLY RELENTLESS
    Last edited by tommi; 09-24-2016, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    hey no worries. we have good taste its gonna rub off on other members. i was kinda wanting Type S wheels like what u have but everyone wants big money for em here

Leave a comment:

• Cb_JoeyG
    replied

I see what you ment when you messaged me now haha, I assure you I didn't copy ya I just see it on subarus and thought I could make it work on the CB so I did Not sure who had it first but either way it looks good man!

Leave a comment:

• lxinks
    replied
    Hey man i havent seen you around in forever. hows it going

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Hey the car is cracking, a bit of rust doesnt change that. Dont hide from the problem however when you get a moment have a proper look and make a assessment. We all got rust somewhere. My arches are certainly not mint. Head up Tommi

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    been a while haven't updated in here. the sedan hasn't been driven as much as id like. just a weekend car as of late. still lights up my face everytime i drive it thru twisties.

sigh* hate to be another one of "those threads"but its getting almost to the point where i wanna throw in the towel on the accord. its getting hard to keep the body in check. i found a lil pinhole in the trunk area and took to cleaning it only to find out the floor of the trunk is starting to rust out. i was going in thinking its just a lil pin hole that i could clean up real fast and seal up quick. upon cleaning the area its alot worse than originally thought. i can only wonder what the other side looks like right now.

i did as much cleaning and applying por15 to the lower qtr panels and where the drain tube is on both sides but its getting close to the frame rails on each side. don't even wanna think about it right now but i had to stop cuz it was getting kinda warm out.

too far upset right now, probably due to my neglect over the years over a slight trunk leak dunno where it came from, but. dunno yet what entails with the future of the accord from here but i certainly don't have the money right now to tackle another rust project. the accord over the years is showing its age... :/ untill then keep tuned in...
    Last edited by tommi; 08-01-2015, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drew12000
    replied
    Still got her?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X