No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know what the aluminum piece is that series with the ABS module and rear brake lines? It mounts to the cradle and about between the intake manifold and the booster. I'll try to get a pic this weekend when I'm back at the garage.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Are you referring to the location of the prop valve on a non abs cb? Directly below the brake master cyl? On an abs cb that's the four way joint. Its really no more than a union and has no internal valving, it is straight through. If that helps at all.

Comment

Sweet! That's what I was thinking! I'm going to leave that there and just run a splitter out the prop valve to those two lines, which means I just need to route lines from the cylinder to the valve, and do each front line. Easy job!

Comment

Looks like I have some work to do this weekend!

Comment

Picked up 25ft tubing, flare nuts, bender, double flare die, and tube cutter. So that's this week's project. I'm stoked, and it will be fun to tune.

Comment

Want to rent the brake tools out when you finish?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Are you using stainless for the hardlines? If so, make sure you flare tool can handle stainless. I bought two cheaper flare tools that could not flare the stainless and I finally coughed up the money for a hydraulic flare tool.
                Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

I might be doing a brake booster delete so I'll be watching yours to see how it goes looks fun!
                  My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

The tools weren't actually expensive, I bought cheap stuff. Well see how it goes. I think it was 60ish for the tools.

Not using stainless, just standard MS like the OE lines.

Also I'm not deleting the booster, just the ABS unit.

Comment

Anyone know which outlet on the master cylinder is for the front and the rear? I'm having a hard time finding the correct diagram. I think the front one is toward the front of the car.

Comment

It's a smooth now matter cylinder, front or rear doesn't matter as long as they're plumbed right. Also don't buy a parts store flaring tool. My AutoZone OEM one broke already. Bought a Craftsman one for twice the price and it's awesome! The job is going smoothly!

Comment

Sorry for blowing your cover on fb. lol

Comment

So you're the one that popped up on fb. Gotta say I've never seen that kind of setup but it makes perfect sense. Very nice.

Comment

Well as you two have already seen, I have the location mocked up and one of 5 lines done. The Craftsman flaring kit is bad ass. Looks just like the OE fittings. I'll get more pics as I move along. But I love the location and it should be a tight little package.

Comment

Sweet, just booked my flight to AZ, I'll be there Nov 8 Through the 28th. Then back for a week, then Italy for a week, then Idaho for 4 weeks! Getting my travel on!

Comment

Working...
                                X