domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    I couldn't believe they didn't break the harness up more. All the wires under the hood mines the engine and all the wires that run across the firewall are one massive harness. It was a pain. But I'm stoked, the only thing in my engine bay now are fuel lines lol.
    I've been dying to rip the engine out and make a proper engine loom like I seen Darkcloud do back in the day. I still can't help but wonder how many connectors are in the engine bay off the harness. If you find out, let me know

Comment

I'm curious. Was that the bare minimum to remove the harness or were there some steps you could have left out?
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Very nice progress. I've wanted to rip a lot of wires out my dashboard to. I'm just nervous I'll lose a piece or pull the wrong wire by accident lol. Keep it up, can't wait to see the wire harness when it's done.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
          I'm curious. Was that the bare minimum to remove the harness or were there some steps you could have left out?
          Possibly, but for example you have to remove the cabin fuse box to get to the connections to remove them. The harness runs behind the steering column, pedals, and HVAC. I don't see you pulling the harness through the firewall on either side with out the dash being out.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

So my mom was browsing my FB photos and like this so it popped up on my feed. Totally forgot about some of these, but here's my fave.

May 2011

Comment

So you are going to re-route the wires back behind the pedals and HVAC unit again? I'm assuming that wires from the fuse box go into the engine bay and behind the HVAC are part of the same loom?

Comment

They are all the same loom, but the HVAC isn't going back in the car. Stopping the car down to the bare minimum for track use.

Comment

Just thinking about all the work that goes into this makes me cringe. I hate wiring because i barely fit under the dash.

I don't know why, but one of my favorite things to do to my cars is simplify them by removing everything i don't need or use. It would be sweet to get the harness down to something simple and clean like Rywire's work, with one heavy duty quick connector. This is similar to your plan?

EDIT---Just had a thought. What if we could setup a "Deletes" section in the diy subforum with instructions on what can be removed, why you might want to remove it, what effect removing it will cause and how to remove it. Or we could break up the deletes in stages. i.e., first stage - Remove lower intake airbox in passenger side bumper(how to link), remove spare tire/jack/floor cover and get AAA card, etc. Just an idea.
                  Last edited by Lucien; 11-03-2014, 12:52 PM.

Comment

There's a similar thread like that in the racing>weight reduction section. I'm certain we could pull a lot of info from there.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yes, I plan on using one flat panel connector for the engine harness.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                        There's a similar thread like that in the racing>weight reduction section. I'm certain we could pull a lot of info from there.
                        Ah, true. I forgot about that thread.

Joe, are you going to make the harness connector yourself or order from Rywire?

Comment

I'm gonna make it myself. Though I haven't looked at Rywire yet. I want to do it myself so I get a better understanding of the system.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                            I'm gonna make it myself. Though I haven't looked at Rywire yet. I want to do it myself so I get a better understanding of the system.
                            Good idea. How's the brake system going?

Comment

Everything is done except the t fitting fit the rear line. Just need to find one and plug it in.

Comment

I'll be in Vegas this weekend. I have 18 hours I don't need to be accounted for. Staying at the Paris Las Vegas. Any recommendations on what I should hit up? Plan on getting thoroughly torn up. It will be my co worker and I. Neither us of have ever been. Our boss is picking us up the following Monday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X