No announcement yet.

crazymikey : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I love it too, I still really have the want for red Recaro ITR seats.

Comment

The belt reels are different. The top hole for the 10mm bolt doesn't line up, and once the reel is bolted in at the bottom, the reel does not fit into the cavity, which is why you have to cut and bend the cavity to make it clear. Once you do that, you can't use the top bolt hole anymore, and there's nowhere for the hook on the tab to go, so you need to bend the hook straight up so the top of the reel and bracket sit flush against the body, and then you can screw the reel to the body.

This was about the only way I could see doing it with what tools & knowledge I had at the time. The 9293 reels are taller for some reason.

Comment

Mikey that coupe is sweet! Whens the springs coming in? I wanna see the drop and how it rides. Im looking at the same springs

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Maaan the car is getting soooo sexy! I like it waaaaay more than my car right now! Your a true tuner! And that chrome trim is the shit isn't it?
          And the bay isn't that bad! Do Joey's DIY engine cleaning and you should be all good!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Haha. I love to mod things to make it look like it should have come that way from the factory. Everything on my car is an OEM part, or an OEM part that has been modified, other than the intake and soon to be the lowering springs.

Doing this is proof that Honda made such a good product to start with, that to tamper with it's originality would only ruin it. What I'm doing is trying to improve on where the factory left off. Not trying to just throw trendy parts at it to make it a "cool tuner car."

As for the engine bay, it's been too cold to wash it, and I don't like washing the engine bay at the car wash, though I think I may end up doing that. I just need to get all the grease and oil off the bottom of the hood and clean up the firewall and give the engine a good spray with some engine shampoo. But hey, we're in the middle of Canadian winter and it's hard enough trying to keep the outside clean.

I detail engine bays at work all day, so when I make a car's engine bay all beautiful and then look at mine, it just doesn't add up right now.

Here's a few examples of filthy engine bays I cleaned up at work. Every single one of these was disgusting and looked like farm animals had been using them as living quarters.

Comment

How secure and how firm does it feel? like does the reel pull up when you fasten the seat belt?

Comment

It feels 100% secure. With 4 or 5 screws holding the top of the reel in place, there is no movement in, out, up, down or side to side. The pretensioner works correctly as well.

In the unfortunate event of an accident, I would think the main 17mm bolt would be taking the brunt of the force and keeping the reel firmly mounted to the body, even if the screws were to come out.

I hope to not test this theory, but from driving the car every day and using my seatbelt, I cannot feel any difference and everything works as it should.

Comment

cars coming out great mikey, keep up the good work Drop coming soon ?
                  Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

Comment

The more I look at this car the more I like it. I have a white '93 coupe now but seeing this car makes me want another frost white '90-'91 coupe again. Maybe I'll just get a bumper and swap them out depending on my mood. That doesn't seem frivolous at all!

But seriously, your modifications and style embody a true Accord enthusiast. So many people want all the trendy, cool stuff. It personally repulses me so it's nice to see a car that has been assembled with as much taste as yours has. Keep up the great work.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Such kind words lol. Well if you want to swap trunks and bumper with me since I want a 9293 coupe trunk and a 9293 front bumper...

Comment

No chance on the trunk swap! Everyone hates the '92-'93 coupe trunks because they can't get red/clears for them. I couldn't care less. I happen to like the way it looks. But something about the way you did yours just seems to work with the mismatched pair. It's personal and different. I like it.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I still want coupe trunk. I think they're the best looking trunk option there is.

Comment

Springs came way earlier than expected!!

JDM a fuck!

Also painful as fuck!
                            Last edited by crazymikey; 01-31-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

INSTALL THEM!!!

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Working...
                              X