• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LastToBrake : 1992 Accord EX

Time for me to join the party I guess.

Engine:
    - K&N Panel Filter
    - Cat-back Exhaust (currently unknown brand)

Exterior:
    - "Black Housing" License Plate Lights
    - Antenna Delete (5/5/12)

Suspension:
    - Stock

Wheels/Tires:
    - Stock

Interior:
    - Wink Mirror (since removed)

Audio/Electronics:
    - Rockford Fosgate Deck (from the dawn of time)
    - Disconnected Antenna

Future:
    - Put together the interior (missing a couple pieces)
    - Fix small rust spot
    - Fix janky battery "mod" (pic)

Pics:
    With "Wink" Mirror -

A couple days ago -

License Plate Light Housings -

Details: Picked it up on 11/14 of last year as a run around while I finish the H-swap in my CE1. I didn't really plan on buying a car, but after a quick look on CraigsList next thing I knew I was driving this thing home. I've been looking for an unmolested, 5-speed, EX, coupe for a little over 3 years with no success and finally found one so I had to jump on it. Right now she's just my get-around car when it's too cold to ride my bicycle or I have to transport my daughter around. Once the CE1 is finished that may change...we'll see.
    Last edited by LastToBrake; 05-07-2012, 11:36 AM.
    -Ian

'92 EX Coupe (Member's Ride Thread)

My Blog - Mostly snark about professional motorsports, but I occasionally make it to local and regional events. It's not much now, but I'm working on it.

It looks clean.
    2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
    2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
    CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
    GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Looks good bro, i liked the wink mirror on it personally
      1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
      For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
        Looks good bro, i liked the wink mirror on it personally
        I liked the look/functionality, but it created two problems.

1) I'm 6'6" and so I was almost always looking half at it. I if I was in the first 5 cars at a stop light I would have to duck under it to see the stop light.
        2) It wasn't easy to adjust, so on the rare occasion that my girlfriend had to drive the car she had no rear view mirror.

If it were on a car that I didn't regularly drive and I was the only one that needed to drive it...it would be awesome.
        -Ian

My Blog - Mostly snark about professional motorsports, but I occasionally make it to local and regional events. It's not much now, but I'm working on it.

Comment

What're your plans for the car?

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
            What're your plans for the car?
            For the time being, just drive it and make it more habitable. Like I said, I have a CE1 that's mid way through getting an H22 swap. Once that's finished I'll probably start putting more focus on this.

I have a couple "dreams" if you will, but right now I just want it lowered and the little "nuances" sorted like the rust in the rear quarter and the missing trim pieces. I love this chassis and think it's a good starting point, but I'm not 100% sold on really modifying it yet.
            -Ian

Comment

Car looks clean,good luck either way

Comment

A little bit of work done this weekend.

Stupid antenna didn't work and leaked water (or so I thought) into the trunk so I decided it was time to remove it. I don't listen to the radio and it made me angry anyways so I removed it.

Before:

After: (plug thanks to xkjnboix)

Seal of approval:

You'll notice the fresh gouge I put in the trunk with a screw driver in the process. Not to concerned though since the paint sucks right there anyways.

Downside, still have water leaking into the drivers side of the trunk. I've replaced the tail light gaskets and drilled the tail lights, so I have no idea where it's coming from.
                -Ian

Comment

It's likely from the trunk seal or the seal at the bottom of the rear window. It's a never-ending process chasing gremlins on these cars.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                  X