No announcement yet.

AkkordLayinKit : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, sig pic was taken at NOPI Nats. Bumper was all messed up from a valet incident just a couple weeks prior tho, and really looked horrible.
    1997 RHD AE111
    JDM Blackface Project

Comment

the tail lights are different but it has that certain touch thats like WHOA!! LOL nah its nice

the rear setup is the same thing i use to want to do like shave the trunk like how amber had it and put that rear the combat but the combat i didnt like how it went with the car dont get me wrong its nice but i just had a change of mind hopefully i will start my own bodywork on my car cuz my coworkers asked me wut i want for x-mas and i was like oh shit buy me primer bondo and fiberglass how easy of presents are those u know

anyways nice touch i love primered cars its like sleeper of showcars

mauricio

Comment

bondo... lol

i wish bondo were a living thing so i could kill it.
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

NO!!! Dont kill it why!!

it helps us all with rust or show or just body work, it needs us we need it, its our tool

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with bondo if you apply it right (thin! sand!) and sometimes its all that can be used...I got some bondo on my car thats held stronger than my welds on the door handles, even with all the vibrations...Jay
            Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

I would never put bondo on my car. Everything on my car is welded, except of the molding of the body kit which is duraglassed with fiberglass resin laid over top of it.

It's just me and my people, but we hate bondo.

Comment

...and thats cheap to put bondo over rust. In order to fix rust properly, you need to cut the rear panel out and weld new metal in. Bondo just hides it while it's speading behind teh bumper and making it even worse.

Comment

veri veri tru yes it hides it if u dont cut it or sand down the rust.

however my rust job was cut and then welded on a new scrap metal then bondo over it to have a the factory shape look

then after it was fixed

it is beautiful job no bubbling it was done in april so its 8 months ago and nothing still like new

it costed me $250 for both sides

it was done professionally but as a side job.

mauricio

oh yea u can see more pics in my page on cardomain link is on the bottom

Comment

Exactly, bondo is just spread over rust, its just gonna keep rusting. Even if you do weld everything, most of the time your gonna put some kind of filler over it to hide the creases, holes, etc., although it can be done just be stretching and working the metal it would take soo many hours to get it smooth, and sometimes its not possible because you cant get to the backside of the metal to use the dolly, thats why almost all bodyshops use either a plastic filler (like bondo) or some other type of filler (such as epoxys). And on the fiberglassed parts you will either have to use resin(which is easier to crack than bondo and is harder to sand, longer to dry...) or a filler to fill all the tiny pores in the fiberglass. Also I work at a bodyshop in the summers when Im out of school, so thats why I have alot of experience with it.
                    Jay

Comment

Also there are many products out there that you can use instead of bondo, like some of 3m's epoxys (I cant remember the name) that will flex when they become dry, so therefor it WILL NOT crack, I put some on my friends cb7 about 3 1/2 years ago on his side skirts, trunk lines, and after having the car lay on the skirts all it did was bow the urethane skirts outward towards the wheels, but then after it was off the ground it went back into the original shape and no cracks, and even after his car was totalled about 4 months ago, it still didnt crack one of the sides, the other got ripped into 2 peices. But these epoxys are expensive though...
                      Jay

Comment

wow that epoxy sounds bomb, If you could do you think you could try and figure out the name of it, I would like to mess with it just to see and maybe work a lil with it, thanks
                        j

Comment

Its a 2 part epoxy made by 3M, I think its called epoxy weld??? or sumthing like that, there is also other products similar to it, just make sure you get the kind that is made for either metal plastic glass or whatever you'll be using it on.
                          Jay

Comment

thanks alot, i think i saw the epoxy in little packets before
                            but thanks
                            and by the way howd u make ur signature?
                            j
                            Last edited by accordzoom; 12-09-2003, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I dont think that epoxy comes in packets, but I could be wrong. My sig I just used Photoshop to do the effects and stuff, pretty simple, if you want me to do one, let me know.
                              Jay

Comment

Accordzoom: let me know about these....

I can change anything on them...just le me know what to do--Jay
                                Last edited by akkordlayinkit; 12-12-2003, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X