Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires showed up, champiro uhp1 205/45zR16, look good for cheap tires
    Muteki SR48 lugs showed too. Gonna have the wheels on today

As soon as I figure out how to use this tablet I will email pictures to myself so that I can put them on here.

Comment

Went in and got the tires mounted, the guy proceeds to tell me that 16x8's won't fit an accord, I told him I know different. He then tells me 205/45's are too small for a 16x8, again I told him I know otherwise. Made him mount em, they fit fine. It's funny how these old country locals think they know all, but can still be taught something new by a 22yr old lol

Still haven't figured out how to upload photos, but I got a lot of em

Comment

Originally posted by CB7DX420 View Post
        Went in and got the tires mounted, the guy proceeds to tell me that 16x8's won't fit an accord, I told him I know different. He then tells me 205/45's are too small for a 16x8, again I told him I know otherwise. Made him mount em, they fit fine. It's funny how these old country locals think they know all, but can still be taught something new by a 22yr old lol

Still haven't figured out how to upload photos, but I got a lot of em
        I've come to learn that it's not that they're not aware that it will work, but more so that they don't want to perform the job and this is their excuse to deny service.

Tire shops especially, will tell you that even if they know a tire will fit on a certain wheel, that they won't touch it for liability reasons.

Comment

Makes sense, I'm just glad they didn't deny to mount them, I've got another set of wheels for my brothers CD5 that have the same size and tire combo that need mounted.

It just blew my mind because i see VW's with 195/45's on 16x8.5, lowriders rock 13x7's on 165/70 and even smaller.

TiresDirect denied to mount after an initial quote of $220 mount & balance, what a rip off. At least leschwab was only $112.

Comment

[IMG]

It was pouring today, so no install today.
            Gonna be doin it all tomorrow.

Comment

Just got back from a gnarly night, long story short a hammered local paid me $800 for my m2s4!
              So I'm putting that money toward an M2B4 LSD or T2T4 LSD to go on my ported F23/F22A setup planned for this winter term, which I get cash from in mid January.

By next NW spring meet ill actually have the money and car to finally go to one, and my brother wants to tag along with his newly acquired cd5, which will be an f22b1 with a f23 head and IM, maybe a cam, and at least an M2S4
              Last edited by CB7DX420; 11-02-2014, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Coils are on, my hands are beat to death but it's done.
                Gotta adjust em just right, I think 3/4" front 1/2" rear outta do it.

Ill get pix soon

Comment

Just a word of caution with those tires. They do great in the summer, they are passable for when it is wet, but when it comes to snow plan to stay home. The one time we had snow and there was just a 50ft stretch that was not plowed off the road in front of my house, I could not make it past the drive way so I courageously gave up and walked to work.
                  Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Oh yeah I know it, once snow shows up I'm lifting it back up as far as the function forms will let me, and putting the stock wheels with snow tires back on.

I know it's counterproductive to do the coils and wheels with snow so near, but I really wanted to have the CB done.

Comment

Can't wait to see pics.

Comment

Ill have most of them up tomorrow, I had class all day so by them time I got out it was too dark for good pix.

I had to leave a decent amount of fender gap tho to not scrape everywhere
                        I might go lower still, took the front down 3/4", I like it but I think another 1/2" would do it
                        Rear needs a solid 1" taken out

Comment

Pix

Here's some pics, I've been fighting to get the CV back in on my brothers CD5 so I didn't have time for a lot of pics.

Finally settled on 2.25 front 1.75 rear. I like it like this, i clear everything and it looks more aggressive than stanced

Sorry for the odd sizes, that's what my kindle hd6 did to em.

Last edited by CB7DX420; 11-10-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Looks great, man! Keep her clean and buy quality parts!

Comment

Thanks man, i learned to keep it top notch with parts.

I've been getting a lot of compliments about the CB7 around town and at the community college I go to people gawk like they've never seen a honda that isn't stock before lol

I'm getting some more parts soon, they're as follows:
                              - SZ rear visor
                              - eBay sunroof visor
                              - CD5 bumperlight retrofit or other fog light retrofit
                              - 92-93 sedan trunk swap
                              - EDM style clear side lights, front bumper
                              - EDM style red rear fog light, rear bumper
                              - auto antenna conversion
                              - angled plate holder

In January I plan on:
                              - NRG cherry woodgrain wheel
                              - cruise control setting retrofit
                              - NRG hub, non removable
                              - OEM CD5 CD players with amp and sub hookup

And a totally new motor in March:

- F23 block with F22A6 head
                              - mild PnP, BISI stage 2 cam
                              - F2H adapter & OBD1 H22A IM & 70mm TB
                              - A4 header w/2.5" collector & 3" mandrel exhaust
                              - M2B4 LSD transmission, exedy stage 2
                              - traction bar from ESP

Big plans as you can see, let's hope I make it there
                              Last edited by CB7DX420; 11-12-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Looks like great plans, man. Be aware that a 3" exhaust is extremely loud. I know it's the best diameter for that build (looks similar to Accorn's) but if it's a daily, it can be a bit much.

What's the cruise control setting retrofit?

Comment

Working...
                                X