H311RA151N : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
    For a piece of crap you aint putting any work into this baby is starting too look pretty good.

I can't keep myself from working on it! And thank you!

Comment

A little experiment. Just a mock up so far.

Comment

That looks so intense.
        Originally posted by cb9love
        when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewasoar View Post
          That looks so intense.
          I'm doing to to see of some youtube videos are being faked.

Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWstiuK9bqk

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            Hmmm, 200 mpg?? I'd like to see a results video on that gas mileage claim. The user posted that a month ago, and still no review on the mpgs from him.

I'd be too scared to try something like that with my CB, since it doesn't seem like you can fully control the air fuel ratio. Are you just going to test it at idle while parked, or are you going to drive around? Do you have an internal filter?
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
              Hmmm, 200 mpg?? I'd like to see a results video on that gas mileage claim. The user posted that a month ago, and still no review on the mpgs from him.

I'd be too scared to try something like that with my CB, since it doesn't seem like you can fully control the air fuel ratio. Are you just going to test it at idle while parked, or are you going to drive around? Do you have an internal filter?
              Yeah, I'm not even going that far, I'm thinking it doesn't work very well or maybe even not at all. Interesting to see none the less. I know it will have to have the factory fuel system in operation before hooking this apparatus up though. Once I have it hooked up I will unplug the injectors and see if it will run.

This engine is about done anyways. I have two more engines partially built and I own other cars I can drive. I'm not really worried about messing this thing up. It's not my DD either.

I don't think anything bad will happen, it's all operated off vacuum. That's kinda a fail safe in its self. It can't draw much vacuum on the apparatus with the throttle plate closed.

Comment

Comment

^^^ Only way to live!

Comment

hmm..first thing i notice is the injectors being driven dry.. second the potential for a good size explosion and a burning husk of a car shortly thereafter. youd be better coming up with a water/meth atomizer injector that comes on during WOT.
                    Fab up a test stand to have an F running with the petrol vapor rig/ or the methanol/burning wood extractor, then find a nice generator head from surplus suppliers

oh an take a gander if you decide to go air power for that pnp job
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...or+intercooler

Comment

Oh hell yeah...

Going to have to find an adapter and all that, but judging just from this I think it will look how I imagined it.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                        hmm..first thing i notice is the injectors being driven dry.. second the potential for a good size explosion and a burning husk of a car shortly thereafter. youd be better coming up with a water/meth atomizer injector that comes on during WOT.
                        Fab up a test stand to have an F running with the petrol vapor rig/ or the methanol/burning wood extractor, then find a nice generator head from surplus suppliers

oh an take a gander if you decide to go air power for that pnp job
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...or+intercooler

I tried it about an hour ago and it would only run at WOT with the injectors unplugged and it ran like shit. It just stayed bogged down. My neighbor originally told me about doing this and he is a volunteer fireman! I waited for him to get home and we went up to the fire station garage parking lot to do it just in case it decided to ignite the fuel in the intake.

Still a dumb thing to do honestly. But I guess if your going to be an idiot you might as well make an attempt to be a safe idiot. This is not the smartest thing I have done, I'll say that.

I think the right way people are doing it is something about like you described.

Thank you for the link, I will be checking that out right now actually!

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                          I tried it about an hour ago and it would only run at WOT with the injectors unplugged and it ran like shit. It just stayed bogged down. My neighbor originally told me about doing this and he is a volunteer fireman! I waited for him to get home and we went up to the fire station garage parking lot to do it just in case it decided to ignite the fuel in the intake.

Still a dumb thing to do honestly. But I guess if your going to be an idiot you might as well make an attempt to be a safe idiot. This is not the smartest thing I have done, I'll say that.
                          Thanks for posting your experience with this, that 200mpg video peaked my curiosity.
                          Doesn't sound like something I'd ever do to my car. But something like a generator would be a pretty cool build.

Edit: also glad to see you didn't blow your car up... as I know far too well how much it sucks to watch it burn away.
                          Last edited by TheFunk; 07-25-2014, 08:44 PM.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                          New rides:
                          '82 Volvo 245 drift project
                          '87 Volvo 244 daily
                          Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

I think the idea would work with a carburated vehicle but not with a fuel injected one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFunk View Post
                              Thanks for posting your experience with this, that 200mpg video peaked my curiosity.
                              Doesn't sound like something I'd ever do to my car. But something like a generator would be a pretty cool build.

I'm glad it interested you! With gas prices the way they are I think videos like that catch a lot of people by curiosity! Anything that could save some money at the pump is worth a look.

I had made plans to do it somewhat safely but I was still concerned that something might happen.

I'm sure I will run across more experiments to try out in time. This old car is great for it too, can't kill a CB!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                                I think the idea would work with a carburated vehicle but not with a fuel injected one.
                                It may, I thought the same thing myself. It's really just another way of fuel delivery in a sense.

It does work just not very well. I think there is something there, it's just not a simple as people are trying to say it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X