illinois_erik : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
    What are the ratios on the transmission? Looks like it's pretty quick through the gears, and except for the shift into 4th, keeps it in the rev range fairly decently. Color me impressed!
    Its just an lsd MP0A from a 96 Accord SiR..by the time i was getting into 4th I was already easing off the throttle, both rips i was at or a bit over 100mph..Ill probably do some more videos from a dig and really open it up, it was like 16 degrees that day. Im not sure what the ratios are, whether or not theyre the same as an F's mp0a. I doubt it; driving in town the gear changes are very fast compared to my old CB and the CD, but the magic might be in my TCU Thanks for checking it out
    Last edited by illinois_erik; 05-24-2015, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Well I had been having some horrible bogging almost misfire like problems the last week, did the usual trouble shooting,double checking all the connections that couldve come loose.(car ran great at first, then the more I beat on it the problem(s) got worse) everything was fine besides my distributor cap was very loose, that took care of the "breaking up" sound when in vtec, but i still had some shitty boggin after that. Today I got under the car and swapped O2 sensors, I had reused the f22a1's sensor originally, only because the one from my SE had the opposite sex plug, which I was reminded of under the car. So I swapped plugs and its running 90% better. I guess h22's like NGK over Denso O2 sensors. I wonder if I fouled it using silicone lube inside the engine during reassembly and storage (something about RTV will kill them or whatnot), that being burned off eventually killing it..I dont know it never popped a CEL...

Also my IAB's arent working, they dont shut when the car starts..the check valve is in the right orientation(manifold/hose <-- hose/box), the black box holds vacuum (I was sucking on its vac hose like drawing on a cigar, and when i popped off the valve there was a good inrush of air) So for now I capped off the box and hooked the IAB's diaphragm straight to the intake.I dont feel like monkeying around with it any time soon. I double checked the ecu before I even got to the point of installing it, looking for any blown transistors or other components, everything looked and smelt ok(per horror stories of newbs switching IAB and IACV connector during install)

But now for the bad news, that Yonaka full gasket kit that I thought was a good deal (Boy i was wrong, never again) Is springing oil leaks everywhere. So now when I give a fuck, Ill have to change, rear main, oil pan gasket..probably anything that was used from the yonaka kit. (head gasket had a p13# so crossing my fingers) The front main is OEM from the new Yamada oil pump I bought along with my balance shaft delete kit, But I still have a small oil leak on the timing side.

Im burned out on this damn car.

Comment

I'm in a similar boat with my rear main and the arch. Totally my fault, have to replace it.

Sucks, but I know you won't give up now.
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

about 1700 miles on it so far. the firestone ball joint sabotage couldve buried this and me. the header is crusty, brushed surfaces arent so good for exhaust lol

Comment

Working...
          X