rubycoupe : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daheavyking View Post
    Coupe is looking great bro!!!! I'm digging it a lot!
    Jose long time no speak! Hope all is well thanks for stopping by, glad your diggin the coupe.

Comment

Popping in because I noticed you were swapping the h23a. The interior looks great!

I hated installing my Aero Latches. I thought for sure I was going to butcher my hood. Yours came out great.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The Duplicolor process came out really nice. Looking forward to seeing your continued progress.
        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
          The Duplicolor process came out really nice. Looking forward to seeing your continued progress.
          Thanks very much man, stay tuned more to come! Any updates to your cb?

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          Popping in because I noticed you were swapping the h23a. The interior looks great!

I hated installing my Aero Latches. I thought for sure I was going to butcher my hood. Yours came out great.
          Thank you! Yeah the latches were a pain, and im not sure if i did them again id do the carbon fiber look ones. Unfortunately when i had new tires put on, the shop tried opening my hood. All they were supposed to do was mount and balance my new tires and it kinda caused an indentation around them because they didnt know what they were.

Ill have posts soon on the h23a

Comment

Here's an update to show the rust repair undergone on the car, currently only have one side done the passenger side which was the worst. I picked up the patch panels available for sedans on rust repair.com as coupe panels weren't an option. I was fortunate enough to have my uncle guide me during the process and took a lot away from the experience. RUST REPAIR SUCKS!! But with his knowledge and experience in restoring his muscle cars over the years, it was a humbling 13 hour process, on to the pictures...

This is how the rust looked at the quarter and bumper corner.

Here was the bumper pulled out of the way and the quarter panel opened up. You can see where the patch panel was outlined as well.

"It has to get worse, before it gets better" a quote i took away from dealing with rust. Indeed it did get worse as we kept grinding and cutting unveiling more rust. Here was a pic of the rocker and the lower portion of the quarter panel.

Patch work began

And After some Bondo, sanding, and drilling holes for the bumper bracket. This is what it looks like today notice its not entirely put back together as I'm hoping to spray a rust encapsulating undercoat in a few places to hope the rust won't come back for as long as possible. Also if anyone is wondering to replace the areas of the inner wheel well we had to fab up some patch panels with spare metal. Luckily my uncle had some extra scrap panels for other cars lying around

Comment

Oh and i owe an apology, my pictures are uneven and big I'm sorry. Mods please feel free to adjust accordingly if necessary no pun intended. Can someone suggest a good size for going forward I'm utilizing photo bucket to host the images. Thank you

Comment

Nice work. I am fortunate enough to live in the south, I can only imagine how much a pain in the butt rust repair is.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  Nice work. I am fortunate enough to live in the south, I can only imagine how much a pain in the butt rust repair is.
                  Thanks! Yes you are fortunate, rust sucks. I recently visited a friend in Georgia, I loved searching craigslist and seeing all the clean examples of cars available down south during my spare time.

Comment

Hey everyone been some time, i had a headache to address with the car, for the life of me i couldn't find where this water leak was coming in. I thought i had it all sorted out and thats why i had most of my interior put back in, but after a rain storm the carpet was soaked recently. I had to drop it off at a friends shop and have them poor water on it. Long story short it was my windshield not being sealed properly from the previous replacement. Its been addressed and can't wait to move forward. I've been making progress on the engine and I'm getting close to swap time, currently Looking at transmissions right now. Here is a picture of how the engine is sitting now.

More updates to follow!

Comment

Your making great progress this is looking like a promising build. Can't wait to see where it goes.
                      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

More parts!

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                        Your making great progress this is looking like a promising build. Can't wait to see where it goes.
                        Hey thanks for taking a look and the words of encouragement!

Well I'm not entirely sure if its progress buying and stockpiling more stuff for a car however thats what I've accomplished this weekend lol.Yesterday i took a ride to the importer where i got my h23a from and scooped up a T2W4 Euro R tranny. I went this route so i can begin with a Lsd trans matted to the swap. I'm really excited about the combination. I also made a decision on my suspension I went with Tein street advanced coils. And i decided to grab a pair of 96 spec ITR wheels, although they are kinda been there done that. I still like how they are a honda wheel and think they look clean. Ill probably be cleaning these up and having em powder coated, not sure about the color quite yet but not a priority. Enough typing picture time...

Stay tuned

Comment

That engine/trans combo is gonna be stupid fun.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Yeah, no joke. With some really nice tires, that thing will be really fun light to light. Can't imagine highway driving would be pleasant, though. It may behoove you to look into the taller 5th gear modification from an Accord transmission.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks fellas, yeah I'm hoping for just that a really fun quick car! Hopefully on the nitrous set up with slicks it will run a respectable time at the strip as well. Unfortunately I would like to grab a longer 5th gear for it but it's not in the immediate budget. Have to get the setup in and running as a priority, knocking down the list ya know?

Comment

Swapped!

Hey everyone, hope summer is treating you well! I finally finished my swap. Its been pretty fun and running without any major issues to boot I've put about 1200 miles on it already. Unfortunately I've been ironing out some kinks that have driven me coo coo (post swap tuning if you will) lol.

It seems putting an H series into this chassis is no issue and pretty straight forward especially working with someone with the know how,Thank you again Mr. Ceelooboob! However if you want to add aftermarket parts its a toss up as to fitment. My highend header doesn't allow me to run my front torque mount, it turns out its a h2b unit. I also threw on the innovative mounts traction bar but that doesn't allow the stock torque mount to bolt up either.

To try and resolve that i brought my car to a shop pretty close that does great fabrication work, and i purchased a new header by PLM their version 2 h22 header with the flex unit. The car is in the shop now hoping to eliminate the minor issues that are taking away from the joy of the swap. I should be getting it back on Tuesday this upcoming week and then on Thursday i have an appointment to get it tuned at xenocron tuning. Im leaving it N/A for now i took the nitrous system out when doing the swap to just make my life easier but ill get it on there again down the road.

Last edited by rubycoupe; 07-24-2016, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X