Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rubycoupe : 1992 Accord EX

Hi Everyone!
    My names Will, I figured I'd finally take the plunge of creating a MR thread in order to document the progress, of my build. Please bare with me as i get the hang of this, i will edit and get better pics as i go along. Here are the first two pics of my CB coined "The Jack Ó Lantern" when i first acquired it Oct 2014.

Engine :
    H23a vtec installed! (6/11/2016)

Exterior:
    Recent Pics

Rust repair under way (one side completed)
    Seibon carbon fiber hood.
    Aero Latch carbon fiber hood pins.
    Hacked oem grille, and painted semi gloss black.
    92-93 Sedan trunk.
    Red Clear Tailights.

Interior:
    Removed all factory sound deadening tar from floor boards.
    3m undercoat sprayed on the bare floor board.
    Aftermarket black carpet Kit.
    Converted all panels except factory black dash, to black using duplicolor vinyl, and carpet spray. (What a PITA!)
    JTC Customs adjustable Short throw shifter.
    Circuit hero shift extender.
    NRG heavy carbon fiber shift knob.

Suspension/ wheels:
    Stock 4x4 for now.
    Stock ex alloys plasti dipped black temporarily.
    96 ITR wheels
    Innovative Mounts Traction Bar

Audio:
    Sony head unit with usb port.

Future Plans:

Here's the good stuff! I will try and indicate what i have, and what I'm planning on picking up. I'm planning to swap in the spring time...
    H23a. (Have)
    Arp Headstuds. (Have)
    Cometic Headgasket. (Have)
    All new seals and gaskets OEM Honda. (Have)
    Rosko Racing Euro R intake manifold wrinkle coated black. (Have)
    Hondata intake manifold gasket. (Have)
    Stock h23a throttle body. (Have)
    Custom STS Auto Design bumper exit 3" ram air intake. (Have)
    Competition Clutch Light Weight flywheel. (Have)
    Competition Clutch stage 2 clutch kit. (Have)
    OEM Honda throw out bearing. (Have)
    P06 converted to p28 chipped Ecu. (Have acquired from member Ceelooboob)
    Zex wet nitrous kit #82021. (Have)
    Xenocron tune.
    Walbro 255lph fuel pump.
    Tien street Advance Coilers (Have)
    Jdm one piece headlights if i find a deal.
    Oem 92 Foglights undecided about installing. (Have)
    Repaint factory black.
    Carbon fiber trunk.
    Drag wheel setup with slicks.
    I hope to dip into the 12s with the nitrous!
    Most importantly just enjoy the car
    Last edited by rubycoupe; 07-24-2016, 08:47 AM.

That's what its all about. Enjoying the car. Nice to see someone say that. Good looking car. They look sweet in black.

Comment

Looking cool in black, and loving the engine choice

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Great progress so far! Its awesome to see you made a members ride thread, I look forward to following your build! Btw I was the guy with the white 92 sedan that parked next to you at the meet in October

Comment

Thanks you guys for the comments!
          Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
          Great progress so far! Its awesome to see you made a members ride thread, I look forward to following your build! Btw I was the guy with the white 92 sedan that parked next to you at the meet in October
          Hey Theo,
          It was a pleasure meeting you in October, your car is sick. Thanks for stopping by I'm gonna do my best to update this with more stuff. Just have to upload pics and get to typing.

Comment

Looks like a pretty good group of parts. Keep it up.
            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

So i figured i would try and upload waves of pictures in sections, here is what i took on when converting my interior to black/ as well as removing the factory tar sound dampening material on the floor board, utilizing dry ice. I didn't want to convert (dye/paint) the interior at first however, i fell victim to " while I'm at it might as well" which is an ongoing theme with this car.

Began by obviously stripping the interior, which also allowed me to find a few on going leaks on heavy rain days. I took the sunroof out of the car in order to dye the headliner black as well.

Here was utilizing the dry ice, i believe i used about 20 lbs for those interested in the quantity, then bashed it all up with a hammer wasn't the most efficient way, as it was my first time handling the stuff.

Then i went ahead and used 3m undercoat in aerosol cans to put a light coating on the raw floor board. I also figured this would help prevent surface rust if I'm unfortunate enough to have reoccurring leaks. It looked like this...

I took all of the panels out of the car and utilized DupliColor vinyl and dye spray to turn the stock tan into black here is how it looked on a door panel right after painting and letting it dry. Also a pic of it installed back in the car.

(Pardon the few leaves debris that blew on the panel while taking the picture).

I purchased a black carpet from stock interiors.com and had to use the stock carpet to outline holes, and cut in the appropriate spots.

And here is how it looks today note: I'm waiting to get some dark grey OEM seat belts, and a aftermarket pair of black seats.

Comment

You used the Duplicolor on the center console also? Looks good.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Thank you, yes everything was painted with the exception of the dash and steering wheel.

Comment

Hey! Good to see you made a MR thread. Met you at the meet too, I was the guy that hosted it lmao

What are your plans on the transmission?

Lots of goodies for the coupe! Love it. Pm if you need advise or questions.

Comment

Don't look bad for being painted. Hope it stands the test of time.

Comment

Thanks for stopping by, meet was pretty cool man nice job plan another in the future!

As far as my transmission i can't begin to tell you how difficult its been searching for a deal. I really want an lsd H tranny a t2w4 or t2t4 m2b4... Those dont really pop up, i've been thinking maybe just find a non lsd trans and put Carbon synchros, and a aftermarket lsd in it but. More than likely ill bite the bullet, and snatch one at the importer i got my h23a from, but they quoted me $850. Seems really steep if anyone has opinions or knows of a deal please let me know.

Comment

$850 is not that expensive compared to what it's going to cost to buy a non-LSD transmission ($300), carbon synchros ($250), aftermarket LSD ($650) and have the old one torn down and rebuilt with the new parts ($300). Granted, you'd have a zero-mile transmission that's much better than the factory one.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yes, i agree having a new transmission would be ideal. However to save on costs for the time being, I will probably go the route of the importers transmission. I'll keep an eye out should a deal pop up.

Comment

Coupe is looking great bro!!!! I'm digging it a lot!
                              I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                              Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              My coupe!!!
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                              Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X