X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apalileo
    replied
    Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    And thanks to apalileo's thread I'm also going to replace the speed bleeders with the same ones he bought off of eBay.

Part: SB1025-SS
    I'm famous! Haha! Speed bleeders are definitely a plus. These with a basic vacuum bleeder kit and you never have to press the brake pedal! Simply follow the bleeding pattern and then repeat (remembering to top off during the process). I had a large empty peanut butter container to dump fluid as the bleeder's cup would fill up quickly.

Thanks for the info on the 40mm pistons, too!

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Welp. After one month of ownership I've tacked on an additional 3k miles and during my ride to NJ yesterday I hit 190k.

About a week or two after the photos were taken of both cars, I made the decision to part out my sedan and in the process I'd say I made a good amount of money from the parts I sold. Sad to see it go but I'm happy the parts I sold would go on to people who needed them.

With that said, I started the process of rebuilding the suspension and brakes, first order being the NSXs. I've had them since 2008 when I did a 5 lug conversion on my old 5th gen and they have never seen a major overhaul since then.

Ordered the replacement pieces from rockauto.com just a few minutes ago with new:

- Slide pins
    - Hardware kit
    - Bushings
    - Boots for the brake pistons

And thanks to apalileo's thread I'm also going to replace the speed bleeders with the same ones he bought off of eBay.

Part: SB1025-SS

The pistons will also get replaced and interestingly enough the 40 mm ones are the same size used in the following: (copied from rockauto.com)

ACURA RL 2005-2012
    SCION FR-S 2013-2016
    SUBARU BRZ 2013-2016
    SUBARU FORESTER 2014-2017
    SUBARU LEGACY 2010-2013
    SUBARU OUTBACK 2010-2014
    TOYOTA 86 2017

So if anyone here who ever rebuilds their NSXs just remember this list.

I plan on having the calipers sandblasted and thoroughly cleaned but I'm unsure of red or going back with black again.

I'll try and update this thread with pictures.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
    The new CB9 looks pretty sweet, she's in great shape I'm very excited to see what you have in store for this one and I look forward to seeing it in person. Plz do be diligent with the Fluid Film on the rear quarters and if you ever have interior panels peeled back, shoot FF on the inside of the vulnerable areas. You be will be set forever if you keep up with it esp. on the exterior
    Thanks Dan! And yes I'll definitely let you know once it's on the road. I've taken it on the road but not too far.

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
    Sup Henroc!
    Wagon looks good! Surprisingly clean for a New England owned cb.
    Moar pics!!!
    Thanks Marty actually it was mostly down in NC when my friend owned it but then he moved back up to Nashua and it actually sat for a few months before I picked it up.

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
    Dan!

Fluid Film is great, I use it all the time on my Tacoma.

Looks great Henry. I'm excited to see what you can do with it.
    Thanks Mike! I actually want to keep it fairly simple now. It definitely needs a good detail both in and out but I love it so far. I might ditch the tan interior and try and track down a gray interior and swap it in.

I see you've made some good progress with your Vette.

Leave a comment:

• AccordWarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
    The new CB9 looks pretty sweet, she's in great shape I'm very excited to see what you have in store for this one and I look forward to seeing it in person. Plz do be diligent with the Fluid Film on the rear quarters and if you ever have interior panels peeled back, shoot FF on the inside of the vulnerable areas. You be will be set forever if you keep up with it esp. on the exterior
    Dan!

Fluid Film is great, I use it all the time on my Tacoma.

Looks great Henry. I'm excited to see what you can do with it.

Leave a comment:

• buzz11
    replied
    Sup Henroc!
    Wagon looks good! Surprisingly clean for a New England owned cb.
    Moar pics!!!

Leave a comment:

• Granite CB7
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Rilas View Post
    Henry, congrats on the wagon, and a clean one at that! Looking forward to see what you do to her. Also the more I've been thinking about it, I might need a wagon for myself in the future, especially after camping with the coupe twice now. It's pretty much fully loaded with everything we need to camp, with room left for us to sit in the front seats.
    Thanks Will! Yeah its not a bad car at alll. I like it, definitely different from the coupe or sedans I've owned in the past. Motor runs so well that I actually don't want to swap it. Only has 186k on the motor and body.

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    Henry, congrats on the wagon, and a clean one at that! Looking forward to see what you do to her. Also the more I've been thinking about it, I might need a wagon for myself in the future, especially after camping with the coupe twice now. It's pretty much fully loaded with everything we need to camp, with room left for us to sit in the front seats.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    started a topic HenRoc: 1992 Accord EX Wagon

HenRoc: 1992 Accord EX Wagon

Well this is my first wagon, it's taken sometime to getting used to driving something bigger than a coupe or a sedan but overall this is my 4th Accord.

I bought it from another member on here (Mtnbikkah) since he moved on to an Acura TSX.

Last fall me and another member Accrdwgnguy helped replace the steering rack on this car and the subject of him selling the wagon came up. Months later I finally bought the car from him and I can say I'm going to enjoy this car for quite sometime.

It feels great to finally own a car that is pretty much stock. I figured I can take my sedan off the road for awhile while I figure out what I'm going to do next with it.

Over all I'm happy I got another members car and I'm definitely going to take real good care of it, he actually gave me a book that has all the dates of the oil changes and major stuff that he has done to the car over the years of ownership.

In the 3 years of ownership I've done a lot to this car. I purchased it with 186k original miles from a friend who had owned it for ten years while he lived in NC. The time came for him to move on and buy a TSX, so after negotiating a good price, I bought in May 2017.

Engine:
    - Stock
    - Aluminum radiator with dual 80 watt slim fans in an aluminum shroud
    - Nuespeed tower brace (black, bought one of the last ones they had in stock, since then they have been discontinued)

Exterior:
    - Stock
    - Sedan front bumper with JDM fogs and Intersection lamps
    - OEM Keyless entry (with key!)
    - Morimoto Mini H1 4.1 Projectors
    - Mini Gatling Gun Shrouds
    - Morimoto H1 Bulbs, 4300k
    - Morimoto 3Five 35w ballasts (updated versions)
    - Morimoto Heavy Duty Aux Wiring Harness

Interior:
    - Converted the stock tan interior to grey with various parts shipped in from Colorado in Winter 2017 (yeah I was that adamant of getting rid of that tan interior).

Suspension:
    - Progress rear sway bar
    - Goodrich braided SS lines
    - Ground Control coilovers with Koni Yellows
    - FFC top hats
    - Prothane master bushing kit (red)
    - 5 lug conversion with 1st gen NSX front calipers
    - Acura Legend GS wheels with Continental Contact Extreme DWS06s 205/50/16

Audio:
    - Kenwood HU with MB Quarts front and rear with a Alpine amplifier hardwired to speakers.

Future plans:
    - Install sedan front bumper (done)
    - Prelude shifter with Hybrid Racing spherical shifter and Fat Four base plate bushings (done)
    - Replace power antenna (done)
    - Diagnose and repair a/c system (done)
    - Install Neuspeed tower bar (done)
    - 5 lug (done)
    - Slight drop with Ground Control coilovers and Koni Yellows (done)
    - Replace the rubber bushings with a Prothane kit (done)
    - Install Acura TL-S webs with 225/45/17s also using Continental DWS06s
    Last edited by HenRoc; 07-07-2020, 02:06 PM.
Working...
X