X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    Your color & wheel combo is making me scroll CL more. I’d love another CB now that I’ve been without for a few years..

Im glad I can inspire you man. Theres a guy in Alabama selling his white speed LX for 3k if you're on IG his screen name is : 3spokeshawty and if youre on FB checkout the page cb7accords his name is Cory Smith

Cory Smith 1991 Accord Wagon

Leave a comment:

• F22Chris
    replied
    Your color & wheel combo is making me scroll CL more. I’d love another CB now that I’ve been without for a few years..

Leave a comment:

• Turbo617
    replied
    man I want to get another cb, its just hard finding a no rust one around here.. once I get back to work, I'm saving up and ill ask on cb7t at members from down south or west for help in searching!

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    Re up your pictures!

It's slightly getting warmer! Time to wrench

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Picked up a set of GTS headlamp covers from a guy parting out his collection of parts down in Alabama and found him of all places..on Instagram.

Not a bad pick up for $60
    Last edited by HenRoc; 06-12-2018, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    The tone ring is on the axles, like Cyborg is alluding to. There should be no reason at all that an ABS issue arises from a tone ring problem as long as the OEM axles are used.
    yeah but from my past experience the rear hubs are the ones I wanted to compare to see the differences. I think the number off 'teeth' on the rings make a bit of difference. I know with my 5th gen I used stock axles and the ABS light stayed on afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    The tone ring is on the axles, like Cyborg is alluding to. There should be no reason at all that an ABS issue arises from a tone ring problem as long as the OEM axles are used.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Happy to help, we're all family here .

With your ABS issue, do the stock axles not fit the five-lug conversion? I didn't even think about spline count. I've got Ody knuckles sitting around in wait for mine...

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Just realized I have to rehost my pictures. Shame P-Bucket went that 3rd party route.

Anyways,

HUGE
    shout out to CyborgGT a.k.a Dave for coming through big time and helping me out with parts sourcing. It was well worth the money to get parts from a junked wagon from his area so right now along with that big box of parts I also have a another box that contains the rest of the rear pieces I needed for my interior swap.

Good to know some good people out there.

Recently scored a pretty cool half antenna switch and harness from 604_SE a.k.a Farad so that too is on it's way., I just have to figure out if it's compatible with the USDM antenna..which I can still order brand new from Honda so that's also in the works.

I won't touch the interior until winter passes so I know I have a huge task ahead of me to tackle once spring hits. Other things I have planned are to replace the timing / balance belts along with the water pump, and the major engine seals.

I really had my mind set on an H22 swap but I think this time I'll just swap out transmissions. Original motor still runs like a top at 206k miles so I really see no sense in swapping it out unless the motor died.

As for the planned 5 lug conversion:

ABS still works but I trying to figure out if the tone rings on a 5th gen Prelude and a 4th gen Accord are different. I remember when I did my first five lug swap in my old 5th gen the ABS light would never shut off and I traced it to the tone rings since I think the teeth spacings are different.

That's pretty much it for now.
    Last edited by HenRoc; 06-12-2018, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied

Welp Im still racking the miles on this car at of Sunday 9/26/17 I hit 198k! Still runs very strong and considering the prices of premium fuel I don't see myself swapping to an H22 anytime soon

I do however have an H22 intake manifold so I'm leaning towards slapping the upper half on my motor, never done it before but from what I've read and have been told it does make a bit of different on the F22A.

I made some major dents in the interior swap although I'm missing a few key parts to have it as a completed project. Installed my CorSport solid shifter bushings and currently I hate how they feel a bit binding and rough.

Currently I have:
    - FFC Aluminum shifter base bushings (not installed)

Ordered:
    - Cheddas Auto solid linkage bushings. Unfortunately they're sold as a set (interior and exterior linkage bushings) and can't be separated so I'm going to sell the outer ones and order spherical set from Hybrid Racing at least with that set it allows for slight movement instead of a stiffer shift.

Side note:

I still hit up the local yards for random stuff. I actually scored a complete set of 1st gen Odyssey foglamps (pretty rare) and it's the 2nd time in 4 months I've ever come across a complete set got it for a steal and I'm about to double my money back on them.

and while I was there I also came across this...

Yes. That's a 1993 LX sedan with 58,567 miles I couldn't believe it. Everything in the interior and the front end was clean even the original trunk board was intact and NOTrotted haha and based on the markings it runs AND drives but the rear qtrs were rusted out.

Talk about a throw away.

Makes me think it sat in someones driveway barely driven only to meet it's fate the junkyard. I don't know if that's a car that could be saved from the wrecking yard as I don't know what the laws are in Massachusetts.

Well that's all for now, things are slowly making head way but it;s progress none the less.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by apalileo View Post
    Looking good Henry! The gold looks great on the green! Based on your offset, you'll definitely have to consider rolling/trimming the fenders and camber adjustment to avoid rubbing when you lower it.
    Thanks Anthony! I'm actually thinking about getting rid of the wheels. Offset is alright but I'd hate to have to roll fenders when or if I ever decided to lower it.

Leave a comment:

• apalileo
    replied
    Looking good Henry! The gold looks great on the green! Based on your offset, you'll definitely have to consider rolling/trimming the fenders and camber adjustment to avoid rubbing when you lower it.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Finally got around to installing the intersection lights and wired up my fogs. Thanks to my friend Accrdwgnguy

Before:

After:

Not pictured is the composite wiper arm and blade from a 2005 Element shorten the reach for sure but I wasn't a big fan of the old wiper arm.

And a rolling shot by another friend of mine

Last edited by HenRoc; 06-12-2018, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dhill_cb7
    replied
    Wow mate. That is a lot of interior parts! Looks like a lot of fun in store to assemble it all in the car

A 91 (I think) Arcadia green wagon was for sale around my area last year and I am not sure if a member picked it up or not. I love that color; especially on wagons.

I am assuming by the picture of the engine bay that the wagon is 5 speed? I see the extra reservoirs that my auto does not have

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Well 2 months later I've racked 192k miles, did a run to NJ when my aunt was down there and met up with Excalibur02 to give him some parts from my old car he bought.

And in the meantime I ended up trading my H22 for a set of Avid 1 wheels I know they're knock offs but eh I need a set of wheels and tires so I called it an even trade.

Put a brand new set of tires (205/55/16) on it and they poke just a bit (off set of 25)

And also I've been collecting parts to do a interior change over from tan to grey, I'm going to be cleaning them up as well before I install them in the car.

Luckily I found a 1991 Accord Wagon with the Type B interior and a 1992 Accord wagon also with a Type B interior. I was able to get as much as I could off the 1991 since nearly everything was still intact and a few smaller pieces from the 1992 as well.

I skipped out on the front seats since I'm on the hunt for cloth RSXs in the near future and I'm holding out on the back seats for now.

All I need now is:
    - Tail gate cover with the surrounding plastics and grab hook
    - Left rear kick panel cover
    - Left rear wheel cover (goes over the strut tower)
    - Headliner (EX)
    - Floor carpet

Not pictured:

- Right rear strut tower cover
    Last edited by HenRoc; 06-12-2018, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X