No announcement yet.

usc : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no offense but the new grille doesn't line up quite right! I like your old/current picture grille! I think it looks a lot cleaner! But do whatever ya like! It's all good!
    FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Clemson90Accord
      no offense but the new grille doesn't line up quite right! I like your old/current picture grille! I think it looks a lot cleaner! But do whatever ya like! It's all good!
      Originally posted by usc
      actually, i guess i haven't wrote about the chargespeed in detail so here's the scoop. i had it ordered in january and they finally arrived. so those photos were of me test-fitting the grille. they just happened to come in a primer white color so maybe that's why you thought i had them on the car for awhile and swapped back to my current g-square setup.

as for the chargespeed grille, they're not a "perfect" fit. but this is my first experience with big fiberglass pieces so i wasn't sure what to expect (or perhaps i had unrealistic expectations). i've started some modification (some moderate sanding) to make them fit better. this isn't something one would have expected from "japan" but i guess they're only human too. they dun make everything perfect.

so i'm just taking my jolly time, make sure i do this right and hopefully (depending on how much free time i have to work on this) i'll have it fit and look the way i want/expect it to and paint it. i'm setting my deadline to be end of April or maybe even May.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

this is kinda off topic from what you've been talkin' about, but are those headlights stock? I was wondering cuz of the eyebrows on those head lights don't look bad at all. if your headlights have those nipples i'd like yo know what you did to make that work
        I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

ya its a nice touch
          Bump!

Comment

Originally posted by 93akorddse
            this is kinda off topic from what you've been talkin' about, but are those headlights stock? I was wondering cuz of the eyebrows on those head lights don't look bad at all. if your headlights have those nipples i'd like yo know what you did to make that work
            Originally posted by usc

EXTERIOR:
            - Honda ECE headlamps imported from Europe (h4/h1)
            - Honda ECE clear corner lamps imported from Europe

Originally posted by usc
            well, my lights are essentially the same as the 2-piece JDM headlamps (nipple-less) so i expect it to fit as well the wagon photo. but will take pics of it when i have time to test fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Clemson90Accord
              none taken. the chargespeed seem to fit like OJ's gloves. but it's a work in progress and i know i can get it to fit and fit very well. and worse comes to worst, i still have my current setup to revert to whenever my mood changes.

Elliot: i guess there's a reason why the the wagon photo was so damn small
              Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

yeah

i like it ont he wagon better. nice find though. why did you get 2 though?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Re: yeah

Originally posted by 4drcord
                  i like it ont he wagon better. nice find though. why did you get 2 though?
                  well give me a chance to make it fit better and get it painted. i'll then take a boat load of photos and i'm sure i'll be able to find a few shots that will make the grille look good on my car.

i got 2 because someone else wanted one as well.

Comment

sorry if i missed who this is but......

who?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

just someone w/ a 4th gen, naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by usc
                        just someone w/ a 4th gen, naturally.
                        car's looking good. can't wait to see it painted/fit better.
                        HSHO #3

Comment

you think you'll ever sale your old setup?
                          OS^e
                          1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Originally posted by 93akkord
                            you think you'll ever sale your old setup?
                            sorry but as of now, i don't have any plans to sell the old setup.

Comment

well, how about later on then??

Comment

Originally posted by usc

Elliot: i guess there's a reason why the the wagon photo was so damn small
                                apparently so, lol. i have confidence in you, and i'm sure you'll make it work. the way you guys fit crowns and caps in patients' mouths, i'm sure you can get this to fit.

looking forward to the other 4gen with the grill too. though i'm thinking that the future pics of that particular 4gen may not be abundant. but that's not necessarily a bad thing. ah well.

Comment

Working...
                                X