No announcement yet.

LoDollar92LX : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE IT HAHHA but i thought with 500whp u would be a 10 sec car? at least thats what power to weight ratio time formula it shoudl be
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

The accord chassis will never reach 10 seconds with anything under 700whp. Not unless some serious chassis modifications are done.

Getting 60 footers under 2.0 is a BITCH with accords. Civics can hit 1.6's all day on slicks.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

sweet trap speeds

keep it goin Mike

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          The accord chassis will never reach 10 seconds with anything under 700whp. Not unless some serious chassis modifications are done.

Getting 60 footers under 2.0 is a BITCH with accords. Civics can hit 1.6's all day on slicks.

then how come scott ran 12's with like 270 hp??? I think that if lodollar had some serious axles and some serious supporting drivetrain mods and could beat on the fucker and ACTUALLY hook for the first 80 feet then he could be well near 10.9-11.1. his trap speeds are up there but first half of the track looks like a no go

-sean
          Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
          Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
            then how come scott ran 12's with like 270 hp??? I think that if lodollar had some serious axles and some serious supporting drivetrain mods and could beat on the fucker and ACTUALLY hook for the first 80 feet then he could be well near 10.9-11.1. his trap speeds are up there but first half of the track looks like a no go

-sean
            because scott doesn't have anywhere near the torque this engine does.

and to be quiet honest, 12's is an unimpressive number for the power he's putting out. Sure, they're impressive because it's an accord, an accord never goes that fast especially an all motor one.

saying if he hooked is different from reality. The sad reality IS that accord chassis is a horrible chassis to drag race. You'd have to waste an immensely amount of money to redo the suspension and it really wouldn't be streetable by that point.

A 5th gen accord with 630whp barely got into the 11's on slicks. He kept breaking BUILT transmissions so he got fed up with it.

It's the chassis. It sucks for drag racing. There's a damn good reason no one chooses the accord chassis as a strict drag racing chassis. Sure, anything is possible, but just because it's possible doesn't mean it won't be stupidly expensive and pointless.

Comment

what part of the cb chassis is weak and what did they do wit civics that makes them much better? did they do better seem patching in the civics or frame re-inforcing? or are you sorta just making blank statements? I mean i know civics can be quick but as far as i know they are just as flimsy if not flimsier (not sure if its a word) than accords. I dont think honda said to themselves in 92 and 93 ( the only year that your type year civic hatch was available during our accords) that they were like "hey yamaguchzi son, i think if we add this this and this, then tuners could really make this little econo cars some sweet drag racers." I tend to think they used a good deal of the same technology and techniques in the CB and EG (correct?) but hey im no honda designer.

I have personally seen a boosted single cam accord with full interior i believe run mid to high 11s. deevergote was there with me, and that guy was running only about 400 hp. i think it is all in the setup. and that the same techniques that civic guys can get away with, accord guys cant and therefore must adjust accordingly.

all in all i KNOW it can be improved upon

-sean
              Last edited by 93twodoorLX; 10-05-2008, 10:45 PM.

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

awesome work..... this car is amazing.

im sure quarter mile times werent really his goal(correct me if im wrong), but building any FF honda for drag racing is very challenging and expensive in comparison to FR vehicles.....

for the kind of money and effort u put into running 12s in a honda u can run 10s or better in a camaro, or mustang.

lol 3rd gear burnouts in hondas is pretty fuckin cool tho!

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

You know Mike

I've heard so much about the car from Dan but I've never met you and the car. He tells me that theres a shop that you run is that correct?

I'll have to make the trek up there now that I'm fully swapped.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

It definitely can be improved on, but there comes a point where it's just stupid to improve on, unless you're doing it because you REALLY love it and have all the tools accessible to you. at that point, you can't really call it an accord anymore. Just like you really can't call bisi's insight an insight. It's a completely different chassis then.

Civics don't flex nearly as much as accords do. They also don't pack anywhere near the weight of accords in full body trim.

The more weight you carry, the more the body flexes and you put more stress on the entire drivetrain. Getting stronger axles or a built transmission won't fix any of that flexing and force being put onto the drivetrain.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                      because scott doesn't have anywhere near the torque this engine does.

and to be quiet honest, 12's is an unimpressive number for the power he's putting out. Sure, they're impressive because it's an accord, an accord never goes that fast especially an all motor one.

saying if he hooked is different from reality. The sad reality IS that accord chassis is a horrible chassis to drag race. You'd have to waste an immensely amount of money to redo the suspension and it really wouldn't be streetable by that point.

A 5th gen accord with 630whp barely got into the 11's on slicks. He kept breaking BUILT transmissions so he got fed up with it.

It's the chassis. It sucks for drag racing. There's a damn good reason no one chooses the accord chassis as a strict drag racing chassis. Sure, anything is possible, but just because it's possible doesn't mean it won't be stupidly expensive and pointless.

i didnt build this car as a drag car. if i wanted to build a drag car, it would prob have been a EJ civic coupe.

i wanted a fast turbo honda, and i really liked my accord, hence what the car is today. on the highway, it blows the doors off Z06's and vipers which puts a really big grin on my face. yea, i only ran 12.4. it was my first time at the track running tires that hooked up. i now know what i have to change on the car to make it hook up better the 1st 100ft, and once i make some changes i think i can pull low 12's MAYBE high 11's with the power im making.

My 2998lb accord coupe goes from a dead stop to 123mph in 1320ft. im pretty happy with that.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
                        My 2998lb accord coupe goes from a dead stop to 123mph in 1320ft. im pretty happy with that.
                        that should be in your sig lol and yes you should be happy with that.

-sean

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Mike! It was def. a good time on Saturday, even though I wasn't there for all that long! I was happy I could help, it's the least I could do for ya! Talk to you soon

Comment

Sorry if i missed it but are you running stock axles? OEM or Autozone?

Good times for 1st track day on new tires! The trap speed is impressive
                            1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

some more tire frying

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

w0w...

impressive!!! someone must have HELL of a cheap source for tires... i damn sure couldn't afford to burn all that rubber!

ps. no reply to pm

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                                My Ride thread
                                Flickr
                                Originally posted by d112crzy
                                And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                                All I gotta really say is:
                                People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Working...
                                X