CBAccordA4 : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked Up a H22a 2day

Well I walked in to the engine spot today to pick up a replacement motor for my F22B by getting another F22b. Only this time it would be OBD2. Well they gave me the wrong info on the phone leaving me upset, but then, an offer I couldnt refuse came to me. H22a for $200 more than what I was paying for the F22b Dohc. Long story short, Im goin V-tec this time around so stay tuned any one interested in f22b parts.
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Aww shiet, you got bit by the "H" bug...

Good. Can't wait to see where you take this motor to...Oh I'll be up your way soon. So we gotta link up again.

Trev...
      RETIRED...

Comment

what are the wheels in your sig?

nevermind, should of read... LOL

Honda Inspire. got it....

or an 98 ACURA XX (i wont spoil it)
        Last edited by rvaldez0781; 04-15-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
          Aww shiet, you got bit by the "H" bug...

Good. Can't wait to see where you take this motor to...Oh I'll be up your way soon. So we gotta link up again.

Trev...
          yeh man, Im leavin it stock for a long ass time, well at least I hope I do. Im lookin for a VSS now so my V-tec system will be operable. It should be complete by today. I got pics and shit. Chill.
          P.S. Wanna buy the old motor. All it needs for for the crank to be serviced.

Originally posted by rvaldez0781 View Post
          what are the wheels in your sig?

nevermind, should of read... LOL

Honda Inspire. got it....

or an 98 ACURA XX (i wont spoil it)
          Actually 95. I wish I knew at the time that these rims came on the Acura as well. Else I would have paid less. But these came from Japan clean as hell. Chill
          Pm meX

MY WHIP
          H22A Swap
          I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Whats the progress with the swap man? You doing it yourself? I got my car back up, I wanna come check it out. Hope everything's good.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              Whats the progress with the swap man? You doing it yourself? I got my car back up, I wanna come check it out. Hope everything's good.
              Its almost dont, just need to get a working VSS and my vtec wires routed to the ECU. What you got in your car now??
              Pm meX

MY WHIP
              H22A Swap
              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Back to the stock F w/the F22B IM, same exhaust and shit I had before the swap. I got a little system in it too. It's actually pretty quick... close to how the F22B was till u get past 5K. Just gotta 5 lug it and I'm done for now.

What kind of ECU u got? I'm lookin to get a PT6, gonna sell of my chipped P28 if the PT6 runs nice. It ran really well in my first car w/this setup.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                  yeh man, Im leavin it stock for a long ass time, well at least I hope I do. Im lookin for a VSS now so my V-tec system will be operable. It should be complete by today. I got pics and shit. Chill.
                  P.S. Wanna buy the old motor. All it needs for for the crank to be serviced.

Hmmm, interest is there...
                  RETIRED...

Comment

From F'ssss to H

F22B DOHC. It was fun while it lasted

H22A. Damn this shit is much more fun

I love this motor in this car, it was made to be in this car and thats why it just looks like it belongs in there. My tranny kinda sucks though, its from a 94 V-tec, Accord that is. Grinds into 3rd and falls out of V-tec if Im not on point with the shifting. Other than that, I love the way it pulls. Honestly I think the F22B has a better low end power, but it sure as hell makes up for it up top.

The swap was relatively easy with the help of two friends, K & K, we got it done in about 16 working hours, including the manual tensioner conversion. Anyone in NYC want a swap done just holla. You can tell the quality of the work. I think Im gonna make a Swap thread so check it out there if you fell like. Chill
                    Last edited by CBAccordA4; 05-04-2009, 01:21 AM.
                    Pm meX

MY WHIP
                    H22A Swap
                    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Damn man glad to see your shit back on the road. I'm a little jealous lol. Car's gonna boogie now.

Comment

Yeh, Im glad too. It boogies but Im so careful nowadays, I drive like a bitch. My drivetrain sucks though, I had to reuse my same clutch components due to Low Doe, so no reason to be jealous. I'll change all that shit when I get a H tranny. Chill
                        Pm meX

MY WHIP
                        H22A Swap
                        I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

More motor pics

Last edited by CBAccordA4; 05-09-2009, 01:04 AM.
                          Pm meX

MY WHIP
                          H22A Swap
                          I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Looking good T.

Wash them dayum socks!
                            RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
                              Looking good T.

Wash them dayum socks!

LOL, no doubt, I got them in the machine now
                              Pm meX

MY WHIP
                              H22A Swap
                              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Mugen Pedals

I think this is my favorite Upgrade. My heal & toe game is gettin crazy.
                                They cost a pretty penny though.

I would recommend these to anybody.
                                Pm meX

MY WHIP
                                H22A Swap
                                I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Working...
                                X