TypeG : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ thanks guys.

today, i started on my steering wheel emblem. it used to be normal like it should be, but the cladding chipped one day, so i painted it black to hide the imperfection. it was just the basic spray paint job nothing special. i had enough of basic, so now it's time to make it look as professional as i can.

i decided to add some metal, so i made a cardboard template, then transfered the shapes to the aluminum sheet to cut out. it's kind of rough, but it will give me the basic shape i need.

after some cutting and shaping with a dremel, it was looking more like i wanted.

this is about how it will look. i still have a few things left to do to it. i love the beauty of bare metal.

i was trying to keep the metal inserts ''brushed aluminum'', but i may polish then because it has a white look to it. which i don't want it to look like i spay painted the spaces white....i want people to know without question, it's real metal.

i still have some inspecting to do and sanding of the metal pieces. then i will repaint the emblem and sand and polish the paint to have that ''looks like it belongs there'' look. i'll post some more pics after it's done and everything has dried and been glued down. later.
    Last edited by TypeG; 01-12-2010, 12:25 PM.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

one word, shiny. the steering wheel looks really nice.

Comment

got the emblem done. i polished the metal inserts to be safe.

it will do til i can get another one that is in brand new.

later.
        Last edited by TypeG; 01-12-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

damn, dude, why would u want anything better. i chipped mine a while ago and was just gonna pick-your-part it, but now its modding time! you remind me of some of the stuff i see on this computer modding site: bit-tech.net
          Last edited by TypeG; 01-12-2010, 12:19 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
            damn, dude, why would u want anything better. i chipped mine a while ago and was just gonna pick-your-part it, but now its modding time! you remind me of some of the stuff i see on this computer modding site: bit-tech.net
            well, because the emblem has a crack in it. i just want to do away with imperfections and fix the broken. i have a big list, but it's all livable. later.

Comment

its alright!! might wanna clean it up a lil tho.

haha jokes man, i'll pay yah to do my car!!

Love the new wheel emblem, i always wanted something like that on my old accord
              My Ride...

Comment

Nice job Brian, it looks good

Comment

here is the next piece i'm working on.

i'm leaving this piece brushed because i know it's gonna see some abuse from cups and what not. if i polished it, i know it would get scratched in 5 min. the hardest part about doing this is finding a piece of sheet aluminum at home depot that isn't all scratched up. later.
                  Last edited by TypeG; 01-12-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

i added a piece of aluminum next to the volume knob, it's subtle, but i like it.

after

still needs to be glued and postioned, but you get the idea. later.
                    Last edited by TypeG; 01-12-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

whoa, you are one crazy creative person. i admire that in you.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Hahaha you're obsessed G, that's just crazy man..Wish I have your skills hehe that faceplate looks noice Actually, the whole car looks stunning hehehe

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

thanks for the compliments guys. i'm about to go out into the garage and start on 2 more pieces. i've added about 8 extra pieces to my metal dash kit, i might stop at 10, but who knows. lol. later.

Comment

looking fantastic. i appreciate the attention to details, and how youre spending all this time perfecting things for YOUR eyes to enjoy. i like the headunit insert, that black "swoop" looked a little out of place, and the piece you made evens it out a bit. keep up the fantastic work

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Ahh man, what you gonna shine next, the carpet??. Just playing, shit looks good man, you see things to shine on the accord that no one else does, Chill
                              FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                              Pm meX
                              I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                              H22A Swap
                              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

thanks for the compliments.

here is the next piece. it's the mirror cover for the inside. i'm having a hard time with getting it to look as good as i want it, but i'll get it. i want to duplicate the brush marks it has on it, but it's hard to get them so uniform. i normally sand in one direction to get the brushed look, but i may have to come up with a better method.

by this pic, i can see that i have some edging to do

and this is about what it should look like.

luckily i can remove any of these pieces if i feel i've crossed the fine line of tacky/tasteful. later.
                                Last edited by TypeG; 01-13-2010, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X