No announcement yet.

The G-Man : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need Hondata to read CEL codes? That sucks! They can't just have it flash the codes through the light?

Comment

Oh I was afraid to read that you were parting out the car since you had a cel!

Glad to read that it was a little set back to actually improve your car even more!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        You need Hondata to read CEL codes? That sucks! They can't just have it flash the codes through the light?
        I think you can still get them through the jumper but...

All I have to do is download SManager on any laptop and hook it up and it tells you directly without having to count the flashes.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Just stopping by to say what's up.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

So I took a look at this thing a bit over Thanksgiving here is what happened:

-Battery really dead (nobody tried to start it in over a month)

-Jumped and finally started it and it was running super rough and in limp mode with CEL

-Plugged Hondata in to see the code and no code comes up, also neither do any of the sensors read anything (like if you pull up the page that shows the sensor inputs, all are 0)

So I was short on time and left it. Looking at Hondata:
            http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5226

According to that, it isn't a Hondata issue. Maybe it is the thermostat ground? I gotta look. Anyone else have any ideas to throw around that I can look at when I am back for Xmas?
            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

I am also having this same problem once again:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184849

Only difference is that I drove the car several thousand miles before it resurfaced(DD Feb12-Oct12, then occasionally since) .
              Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Did you replace the battery already? Make sure you are getting good voltage to the ECU and check the grounds as you mentioned.
                For the tranny issues, if you can't get it into gear while the car is running it sounds like the clutch isn't fully disengaging. Could be a number of things but try bleeding the slave and see if it helps. If you put the car in first gear and start it up with the clutch pedal pressed down, does the car want to move forward?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                  Did you replace the battery already? Make sure you are getting good voltage to the ECU and check the grounds as you mentioned.
                  For the tranny issues, if you can't get it into gear while the car is running it sounds like the clutch isn't fully disengaging. Could be a number of things but try bleeding the slave and see if it helps. If you put the car in first gear and start it up with the clutch pedal pressed down, does the car want to move forward?
                  Yeah step one when I look at it again is to get a new battery/charge it (The battery is new from March of this year)

And on the clutch front, yes it does lurch when you start in gear.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Update:

My ECU was fucked. Nic is hooking me up with a new one. No clue when I'll see the car again, haha. Anyone wanna borrow it?
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Comment

Always been a secret fan of this CB.

Glad it's been sorted out.
                        RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
                          Always been a secret fan of this CB.

Glad it's been sorted out.
                          I'm glad someone is a secret fan? lol