No announcement yet.

F22Turbo702 : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an F22b DOHC intake manifold from a 93 EX I did a motor swap in, hopefully will be installing it tomorrow. I'm going to try and wire in the F22B EGR because I think it will look a lot cleaner than the OEM F22a EGR valve does. Also, got a free Optima Redtop from a friend.

Also, getting ready to send my cam to Delta next week. Still compiling 5spd swap parts, however, I need to get a camber kit, alignment, and possibly rims/tires before I really do anything else. I've been having a lot of issues with my -3° camber...and the tires are toed-in pretty bad.

Still waiting on the Omnivalves deal to go through so I can do my head, but i want to pick up some Bisimoto valve springs and retainers since the head will be off anyways...plus I still haven't installed my S-AFC2, car is still running uber friggin' rich, need a wideband to lean it out, still haven't finished my ITB setup, and I want to try and get my suspension done....

Way to many ideas, way to many half finished projects that require completion...so, I bought yet again another notebook and I'm trying to get things organized in a timely, cost-effective fashion...if my money situation stays as is or improves in the next few months, hopefully I will be finishing a lot of my little side projects and will be able to focus on building my motor and head, and completing my turbo setup.

Will post new pics of F22b manifold and Optima battery when I get them installed, hopefully tomorrow.

-Kyle
    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Got my F22b manifold and Optima battery installed today...and now I'm having problems with my trans. hopefully I'll get them sorted out soon. Pics to be posted soon.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

how much better is the intake manifold than the f22a?
        Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

I really have no idea yet, due to my trans not functioning properly. But i can say, it sounds a lot better, and I have noticed an improvement in throttle response, and even the low-end feels a bit better. I'll give a full run down once I figure out what's wrong with my trans.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Well, my girl finally got her school money so I'm finishing gathering all my parts for the 5spd swap, I'm hoping to get the ESP.net motor mounts if they come out soon, but I think I'll be doing the swap either this weekend or next weekend so either way...I might just fill the stock mounts for now...I'm definetly converting to the DX/LX rear mount and bracket though. I'm so excited!

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Damn Kyle your no joke,way to go w/ all the progress,I need your new celly the one I had dont work, maybe I'll finaly get some pics of the G RIDE up if we meet up
              -HEC-

Hustle Hard! This is a design of some gear I've been workin on.

Comment

So I recieved my ACT 6puck sprung clutch, heavy duty pressure plate, and Prolite flywheel today. I also got one hell of a deal on my shift linkage, halfshaft and trans.

I told my bro at the wrecking yard that I needed an H23 trans...well...I ended up with an M2A4 JDM H22 trans...well, after being slightly pissed for a few minutes I looked at the H/F Transaxle Sticky and found that the JDM H22 trans has the same gear ratio as the H23 in 1st-3rd, and then 4th and 5th are a little longer, after seeing those numbers I realized that this will work out well as far as gas mileage and freeway cruising goes, plus I still have short gears in 1st-3rd. So, in the end I'm happy with the trans. I also got the shifter assembly and the drivers side axle at no charge, myu boy took care of me on all of the nuts/bolts/clips.

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Got my starter in the mail today, and placed a $200 order on Majestichonda.com for random brackets/nuts/bolts....

I've almost got all of my parts, if everything goes as planned I should be doing the 5spd swap next weekend. I'm going to try and get the trans degreased and install my pedals and clutch master cylinder sometime this week, just to ensure that the time consuming parts are out of the way. I'm trying to get this swap done in one day, we'll see how it goes.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Well, it took 11 hours, but I got my 5spd swap done yesterday...unfortunatly, the trans I got wont go into 1st or 2nd gear...maybe I should checked that before I started the swap...damn...so, my car is still on the lift at work, I guess I'll be bussing it to work tomorrow.

Also, my car refuses to idle with the ACT Prolite flywheel, and the clutch feels really mushy, it engages right off of the floor, I'm not sure if it's because of the braided steel line or if I just need to adjust it somemore...I guess those two issues will have to wait until I we get a good trans in the car.

Wish me luck guys. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Kyle ,your a beast,i guess i'd be doin tha same thing if I had access to the things you do.Can you get me a price for the rotor and pad set up that your rockin' and 90-91 red - clears.
                      thanx

Hustle Hard! This is a design of some gear I've been workin on.

Comment

Well, I finally had a chance to replace the trans today, Brent got me an H23 M2S4 trans, the gearing is really nice, acceleration is vastly improved and I can definetly tell the weight difference in the front end. The only problems I'm having are; the A/C compressor/bracket are sitting on the crossmember, my idle is still kinda funny, and I need to adjust my TPS sensor because everytime I try to go wide open throttle the car hella bogs out and tries to drop back down to idle. I can rev the motor freely when in neutral, the bogging out only happens under load. It is my assumption that the problem is my TPS not being adjusted properly after the manifold swap , but I dunno, that's where I'm going to start and I hope it helps the problem.

As for the A/C bracket rubbing the crossmember, it's just because of the spacers I had to put on the drivers side motor mount. Whatever, just a good excuse to remove the A/C. Anyone know what belts to use with UR pulleys and no A/C?

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

good luck on finding out whats wrong with it!

Comment

Ok, so it's been a few weeks and the car is running great, I love the H23 trans and the light flywheel. Now it's time to decide what is next on the mod list, I just got my tax return money and a few hundred dollars from selling off some of the parts I have no need for.

At first, I was thinking about finally getting some rims/tires, and finishing up my suspension...but then I realized that I finally had enough money to start building my motor. So, the plan is to build my block, then my head, install the new motor, remove the A/C and P/S, as well as upgrade to an aluminum civic half-radiator. I've already started ordering parts for the block and I'm hoping to get the new motor done in the next 4 months, as money allows.

-Wiseco 85.5mm 8.8:1 pistons w/ rings and wrist pins Complete
                            -4340 ChromeMoly H-beam connecting rodsComplete
                            -OEM oil pump Complete
                            -ARP H23 head studs Complete
                            -KraizenSpeed balanceshaft eliminator kit Complete
                            -OEM Honda headgasket Complete
                            -Calico teflon coated ACL race bearings Complete
                            -Bisimoto 1.2 turbo cam Complete
                            -Bisimoto cam gear Complete
                            -Bisimoto valne springs and retainers Complete
                            -Si Valves SS valvesComplete
                            -new valve sealsComplete
                            -Skunk2 68mm throttle body Complete
                            -IAB deleteComplete
                            -ESP.net auto-5spd motor mount set Complete
                            -ESP.net traction bar and front torque mountComplete
                            -Corsport solid shifter bushingsComplete

I'll be ordering the pistons/rings/wrist pins tomorrow from RaceEng. The block is already at the machine shop I just need to give Mike a down payment (Probably next week sometime) to get started on it. According to the Cisco Engine Calculator thingy, if we mill the head and the deck of the block 0.010" each and maintain almost the same cylinder head cc I should end up with a CR somewhere around 9.3:1 when everything is said and done. So here we go!

-Kyle
                            Last edited by F22Turbo702; 06-20-2010, 02:02 AM.

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

clean .......i wanna turbo mine too...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Well, I gave Mike at the machine shop a $200 down payment for the machine work, so he should be getting started on my motor sometime in the next week or two. I'm thinking about having Calico coat the tops and side skirts on my pistons just for good measure, but I need to get all of the parts for my head so I can have Baker Cylinder Heads get my port work done. Hopefully the next few weeks will be good at work so I'll have some money to keep the ball rolling on this. More updates to come as things progress.

-Kyle

-Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Working...
                                X