No announcement yet.

MadSpleen85 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still working on the fabrication process. Should have something to show for it by tonight. And then waiting on more international air mail shipping. Good thing I am getting a good deal on this stuff or I would be ripping my hair out waiting for the shipments to arrive.

Comment

I hate waiting for customs. Thats what pisses me off.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Finally have something to show for the last couple of days work....

See anything?

Yep, More LEDs.

Still debating between leaving the regular incandescent bulb in with the LEDs or just unplugging it all together. Going to see which looks better in the daylight. The incandescent bulb steals the thunder of the LEDs since the LEDs are on and off much faster.

And tomorrows project....

Going to clean that all up while I have it out. I found all kinds of garbage under the seat cushion. $1.43 to be exact, some real old chewing gum, a couple paper clips and a credit card receipt from 1997. Still undecided on whether or not I will be putting the back seat back in again right away. I still have the rear deck all torn out except for the third brake light assembly and I will be putting that back on after it gets cleaned. I have decided that before the back seat is reinstalled I will be finding a steam cleaner and giving it a thorough cleaning while it is out and no point in cleaning it just to have it sit in my parts closet.

Comment

Decided to stick with all LED's in the thrid brake light. Just need to order more LED's.

Still have not figured out my crooked trunk issue, still seems to be something with the chasis since no matter how much bending and persuasion I give the trunk lid it still sits crooked.

I have one little mod in progress, that should be done by this time next week pending next week's schedule. Police Department testing/interviews FTW

Comment

Ambered my front bumper lenses today. Still letting them dry but I did throw them back on the car for a minute just to see how they looked and I was very happy. Hope to have some pics of them on tomorrow pending weather.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
              Ambered my front bumper lenses today. Still letting them dry but I did throw them back on the car for a minute just to see how they looked and I was very happy. Hope to have some pics of them on tomorrow pending weather.
              did you open them up to do it?

Comment

Random picture taken last week.

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                did you open them up to do it?
                I just did the DIY listed on this site using an Orange Sharpie marker so I just did them on the outside. I tried the clear viynal tape on top of them to protect them and that really robbed the color from them to where they were too dark to match the corners. Peeled the clear tape off, just going to see how long they last like this. I can always just touch them up when they need it or I might break down and stain glass them. Just have to find the paint and pop them open.

Anyways here are a few pics. Nothing special just snapped a couple in the driveway.

Lights off

Hazards on

Comment

Managed to get out earlier this evening and snap some pictures. Nothing real great but they show where we stand right now. I am really liking the look of the front end.

The week before July 4th, two local cities get together and line the streets with American Flags, figured I would take advantage and try to get some decent summer time pictures.

Then while out driving around I ended up near the Kansas River so figured I would snap a few more.

I took a bunch more pictures but these are the better ones.

Comment

UPDATE: Back seat and trunk are still stripped. LED 3rd brake light has been finished and installed. Fixed a short in the wiring at the top of the fuel pump (looks OEM ). Sharpie'd front bumper lights have basically returned to OEM with a little Sharpie still visible. Now I am working on figuring out something goofy in the wiring for the front bumper lights.

Comment

Nice ride and nice pics.

Ghost town ?

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
                        I just did the DIY listed on this site using an Orange Sharpie marker so I just did them on the outside. I tried the clear viynal tape on top of them to protect them and that really robbed the color from them to where they were too dark to match the corners. Peeled the clear tape off, just going to see how long they last like this. I can always just touch them up when they need it or I might break down and stain glass them. Just have to find the paint and pop them open.
                        The DIY bumper lights look pretty good! You can always touch them up if they peel or anything...or you can also install 92-93 bumper lights on your bumper!
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Looking good!
                          1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
                            Nice ride and nice pics.

Ghost town ?

nope.

Just the old main street of Merriam, Kansas. This was on a Sunday evening the weekend before July 4th. I was holding off on pictures when there were cars passing by. It is far from a main street anymore, unless it is a school day, then all the school busses are going by with the bus barn being right up the street from here.

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                            The DIY bumper lights look pretty good! You can always touch them up if they peel or anything...or you can also install 92-93 bumper lights on your bumper!
                            Yeah, they have really faded to just about back to OEM. Just have not taken the time to recover them, been working and still debating on if I am going to break down and attempt to paint them or not. I plan on working on the wiring issue some more this weekend, maybe if I get that figured out and fixed I can either re-Sharpie or paint them. May need to visit the JY for a new wiring harness for the front right bumper light.

Comment

Not much changed lately. A paint refresh is planned for this spring as my Maaco paint job is peeling and faded . Still have parts stacked up in the house that need to be installed come warmer weather. She is currently all bundled up under 2" of snow, guess thats a little better then the nearly 12" from last week.

Global warming. lol!

Sitting at 8 degrees actual temperature, wind chill of -8, with 10" of snow already on the ground and fresh falling now... And this is Kansas?

Comment

come on south!

btw your cars been around for long!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                                X