No announcement yet.

lokuputha : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

almost forgot...installed my ITR steering wheel today...and started taking off center console to install short throw shifter...will finish tomorrow....

please excuse the interior condition....i'm going to blame it on winter and not on my neglect...the steering wheel is SOSOSOSO sweet...it actually makes the car feel very tight.... b/c of the smaller radius, there seems to be more feedback from the steering wheel...but at the same time the gitters and shakes that i felt with the original steering wheel are gone...a definite plus...complements the updated suspension system very well.

a highly recommended upgrade to a CB

did i mention it looks hella good!
    DEVOTE

Comment

Very nice.

That ITR steering wheel looks like it's meant to be in a cb7 lol. I'm sure it feels pretty good too.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by palinix
        Very nice.

That ITR steering wheel looks like it's meant to be in a cb7 lol. I'm sure it feels pretty good too.
        That it does palinix...it feels really good...i always thought getting a steering wheels to be more of an aesthetic modifications than a performance one...but now that I have the ITR wheel...it definitely seems to provide some performance advantages. Even in daily driving with the smaller and thicker wheel my steering effort seems to be less busy...which is a good thing...i can take right turns with both hands on the steering wheel instead of the old hand-over-hand or shuffling maneuvers.

the only thing i have left to do is get the horn button working...shouldn't be that hard...i will have to drill a hole in the bottom plate of the steering wheel and splice some wires...will post a DIY for that later on.
        Last edited by lokuputha; 01-18-2007, 11:59 AM.
        DEVOTE

Comment

O.....M.....G.....i just installed the short throw shifter I got from yeamans17 and it is soooo sweet! the S2000 shifter's got nothing on this one...soo precise...no weird play like before...and easy to use...not hard to shift at alll... my car feels like a different car....i mean a better car

here are some pix...will post a full DIY install later and a comparison of the throws.

messy

done...for now...

done and done...u won't believe the difference this thing makes until u try it...wow ...again please excuse the messy interior....i can never keep it clean

Thanks yeamans17 for all the help...c I switched the plate and the bucket...like u said...sweet

Last edited by lokuputha; 01-22-2007, 11:49 PM.
          DEVOTE

Comment

nice.... love the car anywayz.
            Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7shot
              nice.... love the car anywayz.
              Thanks Cb7shot

just updated mod list and future mods list...keep an eye out for some new things
              DEVOTE

Comment

ok...

problem: broken aftermarket antenna, weak signal....
                situation: broken antenna looks good

solution: get a antenna signal amplifier...done

disclaimer: FM signal amplifiers will only work on weak antennas...otherwise it may over amplify the signal and cause unpleasant static.
                Last edited by lokuputha; 01-24-2007, 11:00 PM.
                DEVOTE

Comment

yeah but then your car weighs more

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                    yeah but then your car weighs more
                    dang forgot about that!....k...removing the spare tire
                    DEVOTE

Comment

Any pics with the intake on?? I was gonna get an intake like that but didn't know if it was gonna fit in the bay. I did re-locate my battery. Is that for a civic??
                      5th Gen. Lude Team I <3 JDM

Comment

wow. I havn't look at your car in awhile and wow has it ever changed. it looks amazeing.

The Itr wheel is awesome. I want
                        1995 Acura Legend Front Lower Lip. I want
                        fog light switch. I need

But get those fogs wired up man. I could live without my fogs..
                        My Ride...

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord1
                          Any pics with the intake on?? I was gonna get an intake like that but didn't know if it was gonna fit in the bay. I did re-locate my battery. Is that for a civic??
                          Yeah 91accord1, it is for a civic...but it seems like it would fit fine...
                          It should fit right in with the battery relocated...I have to do the same then it will go in....just have to wait until we get some nice weather....don't have a garage...and working out in the parking lot is no fun at -30

Originally posted by 93_EXR.
                          wow. I havn't look at your car in awhile and wow has it ever changed. it looks amazeing.

The Itr wheel is awesome. I want
                          1995 Acura Legend Front Lower Lip. I want
                          fog light switch. I need

But get those fogs wired up man. I could live without my fogs..
                          Thanks man, i still got a lot of things to do...just can't find the time...the fogs, yeah im going to wire them really soon, even if I don't get the HID kit for them any time soon.
                          Last edited by lokuputha; 01-28-2007, 02:52 PM.
                          DEVOTE

Comment

speaking of a lot of things to do...here's another... Suspension Techniques Sway Bar system...Thanks to 4rthgencord for all his help...
                            Im going to powdercoat them either black or brown just so they'll last a little longer...or there's always that rubberized truck bed liner stuff...we'll c

can't wait to get these on

I need some advice: Would I need to uprate my shock absorbers?
                            ...Im now running Tein H-Tech springs with some Tokico HP dampers...I wonder if the dampers could handle the sway bars
                            I was thinking of switching to some Koni Yellow's with the adjustable settings. .

DEVOTE

Comment

hope everything works for you man. personally i think the rear end looked sexy when you see a green bar between the tires

Comment

Originally posted by 4rthgencord
                                hope everything works for you man. personally i think the rear end looked sexy when you see a green bar between the tires
                                ur right about that man...that would look sexy...but like all sexy things...people will lust after it...and lust can make people do crazy things...plus I think the powdercoating will help protect the steel a little better.

once I get another daily driver and this car takes on track duty...then im gonna bring sexy back....
                                ( i know i just used a line from Justin Timberlake...i don't care...i thought of it first.)
                                Last edited by lokuputha; 02-01-2007, 02:10 AM.
                                DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                                X