lokuputha : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by palinix
    Nice pics man. Sucks about the cooling system though. Hope too much damage wasn't done to the motor.

You did 1000km @ approx 100mph? That's crazy! Are there no speed limits over there?

I noticed your CEL was on in that last pic. What was that for?
    thanks man....yeah i hope is not the head gasket...that would suck...but then again...another reason to rebuild a monster motor...

on the highways the speed limit is usually 110km/h...but no one sticks to it...and b/c of the large altitute changes on that route, the faster u drive the more inertia u have to climb the hills...

the F20A DOHC transmission has very short gears...so yeah, I think we were sticking to around 160km/h @ 4000rpm on 5th gear...the RCMP didn't seem to mind...we even had a bunch of them pass us at this speeds...

the CEL...my odometer and speedometer are not working....i think i need a new instrument cluster...for now I drive according to my revs...

residential: 3rd Gear, 2000rpm
    city roads: 4th Gear, 2000rpm
    highway: 5th Gear, 4000rpm
    DEVOTE

Comment

hey man, I've been meaning to post in you MR forever because I like your car a lot (I also enjoy all the Canadian scenery too)

I'm really sorry about your engine woes, but I guess it's to be expected when your cruising at 4k for so long. Wish the cops didn't mind me doing that, lol.

Well, I hope you fix her up with something nice......thinking about going to the H doubledouble? Or crazy rebuild madness?

BTW, any idea what your gas mileage has been consistently with the F20 DOHC? It's not an engine I'm overly familiar with and I'm curious to see how it stacks up against the F22.
      1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

dont go to Canadian Tire! howd you get your car shipped?

and when was the last time you serviced your coolant system?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by qbodsyt
          hey man, I've been meaning to post in you MR forever because I like your car a lot (I also enjoy all the Canadian scenery too)

I'm really sorry about your engine woes, but I guess it's to be expected when your cruising at 4k for so long. Wish the cops didn't mind me doing that, lol.

Well, I hope you fix her up with something nice......thinking about going to the H doubledouble? Or crazy rebuild madness?

BTW, any idea what your gas mileage has been consistently with the F20 DOHC? It's not an engine I'm overly familiar with and I'm curious to see how it stacks up against the F22.
          Thanks qbodsyt...yeah i am thinking about an H...for now......i don't know if rebuilding the F20A DOHC is worth it...its a great motor...but Honda put in millions of dollars of research into the H for a reason...

Gas mileage on the F20A DOHC is pretty good, especially in the city, it has a great transmission with really short gears so u can drive around in 5th all day. on the highway doing the speeds we were doing...we averaged about 10L/100km or 23.5mpg...not bad....the city driving is definitely better

Originally posted by starchland
          dont go to Canadian Tire! howd you get your car shipped?

and when was the last time you serviced your coolant system?
          ha...i didn't have a choice with canadian tire....they were really close to where the engine over heated... yeah i never go there...thats why i shipped the car back home...it will still be cheaper.

Used a towing company called: Boyuk Towing...really cool company...very helpful...i payed half price b/c they "piggy-backed" another car delivery to Toronto.

I didn't completely flush the system after winter...dang

too much writing...here r some pics of the towing...

DEVOTE

Comment

you said that the speedo and odometer aren't working? have you replaced the vss? i had to on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by nucleara
              you said that the speedo and odometer aren't working? have you replaced the vss? i had to on mine.
              tried the speed sensor...not the case...most likely something to do with the wiring leading into the cluster via ECU and vss...or the cluster is gone...it did have 315000km on it...and it broke while reading 170kmh...so im thinking the cluster...
              DEVOTE

Comment

steering wheel looks good. i want one now because my stock is all eaten up already time for a new one.

I-SR 6

Comment

Originally posted by Rootznation
                  steering wheel looks good. i want one now because my stock is all eaten up already time for a new one.

Hawaii...so exotic man.......

u could probably just order an ITR steering wheel directly from Japan...thats what I did...they are usually in very good condition...
                  DEVOTE

Comment

i love the JDM spider. thats jdm to the max right there.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Originally posted by oranger
                      i love the JDM spider. thats jdm to the max right there.
                      ha...
                      DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                        Hawaii...so exotic man.......

u could probably just order an ITR steering wheel directly from Japan...thats what I did...they are usually in very good condition...
                        thats ku yeah speaking of exotic i better go take some beach shots with my car

I-SR 6

Comment

yeah well now the coolant temp and fuel gauge ddoesn't work, solution: summit digital gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by nucleara
                            yeah well now the coolant temp and fuel gauge ddoesn't work, solution: summit digital gauges.

lol...those gauges look clean...but i want to keep the stock styling...maybe i'll get a couple of gauges for a/f ratio and ummm..some other parameter...
                            DEVOTE

Comment

just in the middle of cleaning up the garage....took some pix and started stitching....not that bad for a first attempt...

my goal is to setup the garage like a dealership...shiny floors, clean cupboards and everything

DEVOTE

Comment

car's cooling system is down...thought i'd work on some other stuff until I find a Cooling Fan Timer Unit...

Last edited by lokuputha; 05-04-2007, 06:07 PM.
                                DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                                X