No announcement yet.

lokuputha : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update: front calipers seized!....Vigor brake swap?...maybe.
    DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
      update: front calipers seized!....Vigor brake swap?...maybe.
      why a Vigor brake swap??
      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
        why a Vigor brake swap??

the Vigor brake setup has the same orientation as the Accord in terms of the bleeder valve.

It uses larger 11.1" rotors (accord rotors are 10.2")

Plus the calipers will now fit the much better type R pad design, so now I can finally use EBC Green's or other after market pads.

A local autocrosser has done this swap and he swears by it.

its a direct bolt on affair. All u need are:

-1994 Vigor caliper and bracket assembly (dealership)
        -1994 Vigor rotors (dealership)
        -EBC Green pads (where ever)

will post pics in a week.

Last edited by lokuputha; 09-03-2007, 10:57 AM.
        DEVOTE

Comment

the Vigor brake setup has the same orientation as the Accord in terms of the bleeder valve.

This system has brake pistons even bigger than that of the revered NSX calipers...this is a good thing

Plus the calipers will now fit the much better type R pad design, so now I can finally use EBC Green's or other after market pads.

Not to put a damper on your plans, which i think i infact good plans. i just have a lil FYI for ya.

the pistons used in Acura Vigor brakes for all years and trim level, is the 45216-SM4-003 part number.

it is in fact the same piston used in 90-91 DX,LX,EX 2dr coupes 92-93 2dr EX,LX,DX and 90-93 4dr dx,lx,ex w/NISSIN calipers

shoot even 95-97 accord V6 models use them and 97-01 CRVs and Preludes..even older Odysseys...

im not even sure the SM4 piston is larger than the largest of the NSX pistons. it uses a 40mm and 36mm piston.

but anyways just wanted to let u know. lol
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

im telling u man....all u have to do is drop that CRV on some nice coilovers, swap in a turbo H23 Vtec and u got urself a monster!

lol i have to get my accord running reliabley first. although it hauls like you wouldnt believe!

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

EDIT: The following information is so so so WRONG...don't listen to me. - lokuputha

Originally posted by SMseagren83
              it uses a 40mm and 36mm piston.

if I am not mistaken, the Legend carries 38mm and 42mm brake pistons...and the Vigor uses the same pistons.

I will confirm this tomorrow @ the dealership...hmm now I am second guessing...dang

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=579618

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=134651

http://www.1017.org/nsx/BrakeMods/index.html
              Last edited by lokuputha; 09-03-2007, 10:58 AM.
              DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by palinix
                Yup, Canadian EX = US LX = no rear sway bar

this is incorrect, the EX models all came with a rear swaybar, the EX-R was the top model with sway bars front and rear.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                  Originally posted by palinix
                  Yup, Canadian EX = US LX = no rear sway bar.
                  this is incorrect, the EX models all came with a rear swaybar, the EX-R was the top model with sway bars front and rear.

interesting...all I know is that my car is an EX and that I never had a rear sway bar....

my car was one of the original Accords that were shipped in from Japan, I know that...

maybe it was a US version that sneaked into Canada....wait that makes no sense either.
                  DEVOTE

Comment

i could be wrong, maybe its the 92s that only have them? did your cars have hub caps?

Comment

i could be wrong, maybe its the 92s that only have them? did your cars have hub caps?

not only hub caps, 14" steelies...

DEVOTE

Comment

isnt that the base model then, LX?

Comment

isnt that the base model then, LX?
                          holy sh*t...thats was the quickest response!

nope, its an EX...the registry says so :shrugs:..

some other weird stuff....the car does not have a conventional day time running lights relay...I have the low beams on all the time, rather than the high beams @ 50%. It seems to have been converted.

anyways, Im going to sleep.
                          DEVOTE

Comment

yeah the recent forum software update must have reset all the preferences to default.

hmm i think you have an american car lol

Comment

Thanks alot CB7shot...

question...I've always wondered this...whats the difference b/w jealousy and envy? hmmm
                              envy is green

Comment

update:...Vigor calipers are in....got away from having to pay any core charges, thank you Acura 2000....yeah!...

here r some shots...I was going to get them powder coated...but no point...

Thanks to Sean (SMseagren83) for showing me the error in my ways....the following are the real pros of doing the Vigor swap, ignore all that crap I said about larger pistons and such.

1) Fits better brake pad (same as the NSX, Integra Type R, Legend)
                                2) Larger rotor, I believe it is 11.1" diameter
                                3) Same bleed valve orientation as Accord
                                3) Better braking performance, obviously.
                                4) Increased durability.

here is my setup:

-1994 Acura Vigor calipers/bracket assembly.
                                -EBC Green brake pads
                                -EBC Premium Replacement Rotors

Last edited by lokuputha; 08-16-2007, 06:49 PM.
                                DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                                X