No announcement yet.

prNonVtec4u : 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man you underwent some serious work. Get her up and running asap and report back

Comment

oh whatever, for the price i'm getting the s2000 muffler i can just buy a magnaflow muffler brand new($50).... not worth the work i guess

on my to-do list after i get the car up and running perfectly is:

Blacktrax IAB spacers
      Magnaflow 28" resonator 2.25"in/out
      Magnaflow XL 3 chamber 2.25" in/ dual 2" out

then when engine's warranty is over:

Delta 260 regrinds
      start putting together parts for my build/look for a DD

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
        Man you underwent some serious work. Get her up and running asap and report back
        sure will man, i'm pretty confident she'll start feeling some ground tomorrow thnx for da feedback

My Ride thread
        Flickr
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

also, just thought i'd throw this out there....

on the sticky it says the MP1A tranny is the JDM H22 auto LSD but when i installed it and spun a wheel forward... they didn't both turn forward, the other spun backwards as if it would regularly am i missing something?

My Ride thread
          Flickr

Comment

just a lil update... i have placed an order for this item:
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magna...QQcmdZViewItem

My Ride thread
            Flickr

Comment

lookin good
              back at it again

Comment

thnx

My Ride thread
                Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u

Nice buddy..they make good mufflers...I hope the sound isnt high pitched or ricey buddy..
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I hope you like it... the only thing I can say is you aren't going to like it so much down the road when you boost and you want to replace the exhaust and the muffler has to go too. It's easy to get a muffler that is bigger than your current exhaust, b/c they make couplers that change the size for next to nothing at auto parts stores. I may never go up to the full 3" that my new flowmaster uses, but I'll never have to replace it if I do. I could use my current 2.25, but I'm going to go ahead and do the full exhaust since I already have a 2.5 header, carsound (by magnaflow!) cat and I'll have to do welding for the tips and I don't feel like paying someone 1-200$ for labor lol.

I have heard a magnaflow dual tip (like my current no name muffler) on an h22 accord and it didn't sound high or loud much at all( he had the full exhaust though). So it'll probably be better than the cheap stuff, but from what I've read round mufflers having no directing and no fiberglass the sound will still end up in the car. BUT! there's a tip for that another local said when he had his exhaust done they had to move the muffler back about an inch, and b/c the tip was a little bit (maybe .5 in) beyond the back bumper he said it went from LOUD to SILENT inside the car so if you get to weld it maybe set it back just a little bit? Anywho my .o2 GL and keep updating!
                    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

that's da EXACT reason i got it, to get rid of the hight pitched sounds...

HUGE update.... SHE'S UP AND RUNNING!!!!
                      finished the valve adjustment today and she's purrrrrring .... just made a lil visit to my pplz at Rainbow Muffler to weld my piping back together and she's good to go(i'm just baby-ing her for now )

here's a lil vid i just made of her up and running(i'm looking a MESS!!!! ) :
                      http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=MOV03256.flv

still to install is the KMS EGR block-off plate

thnx to everyone for the support/feedback!

My Ride thread
                      Flickr

Comment

that's da EXACT reason i got it, to get rid of the hight pitched sounds...

HUGE update.... SHE'S UP AND RUNNING!!!!
                        finished the valve adjustment today and she's purrrrrring .... just made a lil visit to my pplz at Rainbow Muffler to weld my piping back together and she's good to go(i'm just baby-ing her for now )

here's a lil vid i just made of her up and running(i'm looking a MESS!!!! ) :
                        http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=MOV03256.flv

still to install is the KMS EGR block-off plate

thnx to everyone for the support/feedback!
                        Dude that's looking REALLY good! And it's very quiet... Your car would look really good with some white window visors btw!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                          I hope you like it... the only thing I can say is you aren't going to like it so much down the road when you boost and you want to replace the exhaust and the muffler has to go too. It's easy to get a muffler that is bigger than your current exhaust, b/c they make couplers that change the size for next to nothing at auto parts stores. I may never go up to the full 3" that my new flowmaster uses, but I'll never have to replace it if I do. I could use my current 2.25, but I'm going to go ahead and do the full exhaust since I already have a 2.5 header, carsound (by magnaflow!) cat and I'll have to do welding for the tips and I don't feel like paying someone 1-200$ for labor lol.

I have heard a magnaflow dual tip (like my current no name muffler) on an h22 accord and it didn't sound high or loud much at all( he had the full exhaust though). So it'll probably be better than the cheap stuff, but from what I've read round mufflers having no directing and no fiberglass the sound will still end up in the car. BUT! there's a tip for that another local said when he had his exhaust done they had to move the muffler back about an inch, and b/c the tip was a little bit (maybe .5 in) beyond the back bumper he said it went from LOUD to SILENT inside the car so if you get to weld it maybe set it back just a little bit? Anywho my .o2 GL and keep updating!
                          wow man, thnx 4 da GREAT input when i DO boost the car, i plan on running nothing but straight 2.5" and a 3" inlet Magnaflow muffler

My Ride thread
                          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                            Dude that's looking REALLY good! And it's very quiet... Your car would look really good with some white window visors btw!
                            thnx man!

i don't really dig white ones, but i'd LOVE to have some(regular black/clear) i've been wanting to get 'em but there's been much more to worry about

My Ride thread
                            Flickr

Comment

thnx man!

i don't really dig white ones, but i'd LOVE to have some(regular black/clear) i've been wanting to get 'em but there's been much more to worry about
                              yeah, I didn't get mine so much b.c of the look as for function (fogged windows early in the morn right b4 work sucked and heater took too long) but they seem to work for me. Black would be cool but white would flow with your car. They're cheap too! I paid like $26 on ebay for all 4 new!

Comment

nxt product on my "to-buy" list:
                                http://www.blacktrax.net/BTP_IMS.html

ps. paired w/ my Bisi IM phenolic spacer it should perform well

My Ride thread
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X