No announcement yet.

prNonVtec4u : 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's one looong muffler. Looks like a flowmaster hushpower! It should keep the note pretty low though! I still think you are going to get some sound in the car, but maybe it'll be a lot lower and less anoying than these sorry can mufflers haha.. So are you going to put a tip on it? Or just have it right at the back like any other muffler. Because that doesnt look like a tip that's really supposed to be seen, maybe it's just me
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
      Nice cant wait to see it on her mang...btw you know you have too let us hear it.
      i sure will man, once installed, i'll b posting a vid

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
        that's one looong muffler. Looks like a flowmaster hushpower! It should keep the note pretty low though! I still think you are going to get some sound in the car, but maybe it'll be a lot lower and less anoying than these sorry can mufflers haha.. So are you going to put a tip on it? Or just have it right at the back like any other muffler. Because that doesnt look like a tip that's really supposed to be seen, maybe it's just me
        i'm actually using this to replace the p.o.s. Megan Racing test pipe i have(which replaced the cat). i'm still gonna b using the same fart can(that's till i can afford a Magnaflow dual tip muffler ), but this is gonna be in the piping located between header outlet and muffler inlet(basically a resonator)

My Ride thread
        Flickr
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

a lil update i'm not proud of... while pulling out of school today, the car started crapping on me, idle would b perfect but once given some gas, it'd just start misfiring like crazy and shit, so pulled over, swapped the chipped p06 with the stock pt6 and car's running perfect (CEL's on for no EGR)

that damn ECU's been nothing but a headache... i don't know if it's the map or what but it just sucks... i'll b running the stock pt6 for a while till i find out what's goin on ...

My Ride thread
          Flickr

Comment

check to see if the pins on the chipped socket are seated and all connecting.. not the chip itself but the socket to the board. I think that's what cause mine to stop running right, all the sodering is basically, well not soldered, so it's just snuggly fitting in there but it can completely come out. That and sometimes chips mess up if they are shorted for that or whatever reason so it may need the map re-burnt on it.

Comment

for some reason... the car seems to pull harder w/ the stock ECU what's up w/ that... i'm i going crazy

My Ride thread
              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                for some reason... the car seems to pull harder w/ the stock ECU what's up w/ that... i'm i going crazy
                guess the tune isn't quite right for you. But the stock ecu will tune itself, wich over time may actually not be as good for power if it decides to add fuel. Whenever you can get the chipped ecu properly tuned you'll notice a difference. ^_^ The tune you got may not be as good for your climate, every car needs a bit different.

Btw lol I forgot earlier that the magnaflow you got was a resonator and not a muffler. haha...

Comment

i'll just stick with the stock pt6 for now i guess i got some other maps to try but have no time to mess around with it right now

My Ride thread
                  Flickr

Comment

i was wondering, wut kind of a/f numbers are made with the F22B w/ a pt6 ECU? does it attempt for 14.7 all the time? and how far off is the timing from a safe tune for an F22B?

i'd really appreciate this answered

My Ride thread
                    Flickr

Comment

i was wondering, wut kind of a/f numbers are made with the F22B w/ a pt6 ECU? does it attempt for 14.7 all the time? and how far off is the timing from a safe tune for an F22B?

i'd really appreciate this answered
                      um, if you think you have to tune for 14.7 you must not have read much on tuning. It's a heck of a lot to read, but you need to spend some headache time on MRX's tuning sticky. Shops may have posted to have a 14.7 but with a wideband you NEVER tune that lean, you tune 12.5-13.3 (rough estimate) and sometimes 11's if you are boosted until you get it down right. A factory equivalant map tunes something like 12.7 afr's to be on the safe side, all motor you should be able to get parts of your band safely to 13 and a hair higher but NOT 14! haha.. Read some of mrx's threads or d211crazy's threads for some very good tuning guides...

Comment

lol, thnx for the look-out but i DO know 14.7 is not ideal for power..... my question was when you hook up/run a stock pt6 with the JDM F22B, will the STOCK ECU do nothing (on closed loop) try to maintain a 14.7 a/f ratio(like any other...)? and how much different are the timing maps of the F22A and the JDM F22B?

My Ride thread
                        Flickr

Comment

lol, thnx for the look-out but i DO know 14.7 is not ideal for power..... my question was when you hook up/run a stock pt6 with the JDM F22B, will the STOCK ECU do nothing (on closed loop) try to maintain a 14.7 a/f ratio(like any other...)? and how much different are the timing maps of the F22A and the JDM F22B?
                          In closed loop, aka stock configuration of any Honduh ECU, it will TRY to reach an afr of 14.7. That is the "ideal" ratio for the proper combustion of fuel, with the greatest economy and performance.

But, since our cars are old, the sensors are old and dirty, they don't do their job like they did 18 years ago.

When I logged mine, it went from low 12's to low 13's. WOT was even richer(11's).

Smokinspeeds, a lot of people do tune for 14.7. I've tuned my car for 15.5. I got great gas mileage, lol. I'm sure performance was hurt a bit, but my ass dyno couldn't really tell.

The "ideal" afr's for most NA Honda's at WOT range from 13.2-13.8. I usually aim for 13.5.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

and how about timing, how does timing running a stock pt6 differ from one for a map made to run the F22B? is it a lot more aggresive.... or not much difference?

ps. i'm yet to try one of your maps cause the basemap i got for Uber 1.66 has been nothing but headaches....

My Ride thread
                            Flickr

Comment

In closed loop, aka stock configuration of any Honduh ECU, it will TRY to reach an afr of 14.7. That is the "ideal" ratio for the proper combustion of fuel, with the greatest economy and performance.

But, since our cars are old, the sensors are old and dirty, they don't do their job like they did 18 years ago.

When I logged mine, it went from low 12's to low 13's. WOT was even richer(11's).

Smokinspeeds, a lot of people do tune for 14.7. I've tuned my car for 15.5. I got great gas mileage, lol. I'm sure performance was hurt a bit, but my ass dyno couldn't really tell.

The "ideal" afr's for most NA Honda's at WOT range from 13.2-13.8. I usually aim for 13.5.
                              ok, well it's been a while since I've read up on it, but I knew most ppl didn't tune that lean. So is that preferably the range to tune across the board? Or just in say the cruising rpms at only partly open throttle, like say 2.5k-3.5k when you are just say cruising at 60? I wouldn't think to tune that lean at WOT in any part right? (just brainstorming here )

Comment

also, one more thing, i never got any suggestions on how to block the lil holes on the IAB plate where the butterflies went....

My Ride thread
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X