Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Had to do some work up north this weekend, so took a few pics while I was up there, Not the best weather, hopefully I'll get some better ones soon. Enjoy

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 11-25-2007, 03:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pocb7
    replied
    sick ride man, that front end is crazy. Nicely done man, I love it.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.
    it just dawned on me, this is the only real true saying about a tuner car yet lol.

or until it's been wrecked and won't be repaired. I'd rather the first option so I could still see it perhaps from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
    that big 16g must feel great!

oh and dude i didnt know you got certificates like that in new zealand is that hard to do thats pretty effing cool though
    Well when I put it through the first time,

I failed on wheel stud not long enough (nuts have to go on a minimum of 6.5 turns - mine were 6.0 turns), and wrong taper (I had conical instead of straight cut)

Strengthen front engine mount, (changed it to a rosejoint type)

Rear Jamex springs upside down (They dont sit right when up the correct way, but fit perfect upside down, so I just flipped them, then flipped them back again)

Fit tube spacers in box section of seat brackets.

Basically they check all the mods are done properly and safely, Its not too bad to get through.

Yeah the 16G feels good sitting in my hands, Haha havn't had time to fit it yet.
    But I'm hoping for a good gain as when i change it, I'll also be upping the boost to 10psi.

Leave a comment:

• Turbo Dave
    replied
    that big 16g must feel great!

oh and dude i didnt know you got certificates like that in new zealand is that hard to do thats pretty effing cool though

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    I would love to get to a dyno, however I can't find any that I'm confident in letting tune the car yet, so still looking around. The current tune is OK for now, I know I could get more power out of it, but even with 5psi on the 14b I'm happy. I will go more indepth tuning once the big 16G is fitted

Have managed to put 800kms on the engine so far, and the longest trip was an hour and a half drive. Running fine so far, Still haven't fixed the super rich cold mixture yet . . . 9.0 a/r's. Will be done all in good time.

Time for some pics.

Seat fitment:

Cert:

New Big 16G turbo:

Front Engine Mount:

Engine bay:

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-25-2010, 02:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    haha.
    As for the seat, Diddn't end up using the power height adjuster, as even on the lowest setting it made the seat too high.
    I removed the original seat rails, removed everything off them so all I was left with was the sliders (have to drill the solid rivets out and spot welds) then I bolted some 20mm square bar from rail to rail, then bolted the seat to that.
    I'll get some pics up when I bring the car home, hopefully next week
    ok, makes sense, I think I'd be happier that way than just 'drilling' through like most ppl since it doesn't get drilled into the frame but more like the sheet metal. Pics would be even sweeter! But yeah are you going to get a dyno sometime?

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
    really nice base turbo setup, liking the car too. Did you get those seats in? It'd be interesting to see how you got the bracket situation to work out.

and yes, there is at least one american here who knows that nz is new zealand. ^_^
    haha.
    As for the seat, Diddn't end up using the power height adjuster, as even on the lowest setting it made the seat too high.
    I removed the original seat rails, removed everything off them so all I was left with was the sliders (have to drill the solid rivets out and spot welds) then I bolted some 20mm square bar from rail to rail, then bolted the seat to that.
    I'll get some pics up when I bring the car home, hopefully next week
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 11-01-2007, 01:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    really nice base turbo setup, liking the car too. Did you get those seats in? It'd be interesting to see how you got the bracket situation to work out.

and yes, there is at least one american here who knows that nz is new zealand. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by blizzard335
    hey buddy

nice CB u got there, and its RHD too. hehehe

any new updates/projects?
    Thanks, gotta love RHD
    Just received my new big 16G turbo this week, but have to start making the exhaust before I bolt that in, Which I will be using 2.5" pipe from turbo back.

Originally posted by Jack_lee
    I'm not a turbo enthusiast,but i really like your car front end.
    The body kit really match the intercooler,i mean leaving the piping expose like this,good job...
    Haha, for some reason I always think it looks like a couple of bull horns to grab hold of

Originally posted by jdm_inspired
    Dude that's a nice project you got going there. How do you like the turbo set-up so far?
    So far i'm really happy with it, It will be alot better once I fit the new turbo and up the boost so it's in a better efficiency range.
    So far done 150kms here and there driving, and no major problems.

Leave a comment:

• jdm_inspired
    replied
    Dude that's a nice project you got going there. How do you like the turbo set-up so far?

Leave a comment:

• Jack_lee
    replied
    I'm not a turbo enthusiast,but i really like your car front end.
    The body kit really match the intercooler,i mean leaving the piping expose like this,good job...
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-25-2010, 01:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• blizzard335
    replied
    hey buddy

nice CB u got there, and its RHD too. hehehe

any new updates/projects?

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by Camurai
    Excellent ride man! Well thought out, well executed and beautiful!

(And I've been wanting to visit New Zealand for 10 years or better. One of these days I'm going to make the trip!)
    Thanks for the compliments, Wow 10 years!! I Hope you do make it over here sometime
    Originally posted by C91BLX7
    Sick car, and your car has padding on the hood, never seen that before
    Its an OEM bonnet heat protector (supposed to stop the paint heating up I think)

Update:
    I've plumbed the external wastegate back in, now I can actually hear the engine and turbo spoolin Made a front engine mount, And fitted longer wheel studs
    Car should be certed by Friday then I can start driving it more. Will add some more pics once I've done the final buff and clean

Colin

Leave a comment:

• RICHIE*GT35R
    replied
    Nice looks good!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X