X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    The self-service junkyards around me never seem to offer those types of sales down here in Texas. At least not that I've seen in Houston or DFW. Very jealous. Looks like you got a pretty good haul!
    Ya they usually do this twice a year. Once around Christmas and once around July 4th. I could have carry more stuff but I was running out of time and had to get home to help wife with our daughter.

Here is some updates for you guys:

My wife would never buy a car part for me, even if they were the only things on my Birthday List, Christmas List,etc.. Well she surprised me this year after 7 years of marriage with this:

I was so happy to get rid of my cheap, crappy ebay steering wheel.

After driving the cb around for a bit, I recently developed a coolant leak and am hoping I found it. It is a steady stream and it was dripping off the steering rack n pinion cover. I think it was the clamp to the heater core hose. But I will find out tomorrow.

Anyways I got my old boost gauge and oil pressure gauge working again though I plan to replace them eventually with better ones.

I also started taking apart the f22a head I got from the junkyard and sent the cam to Delta Camshaft were they are doing a 272 regrind on it. I should be getting it back this week. I will then send the head to get all new valve stem seals, 3 angle valve job, check every valve and installing bisimoto pro springs to help with the new cam. Look forward to those pictures.

Then finally I received these lovely boxes in the mail this week and can't wait to start piecing my new kit together.

Borg Warner s200x-e 57 trim. This turbo fit my goals and needs perfectly and I'm pretty excited to see it in action.

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    The self-service junkyards around me never seem to offer those types of sales down here in Texas. At least not that I've seen in Houston or DFW. Very jealous. Looks like you got a pretty good haul!

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Went to one of the local PAP for a all you can carry. This is what I came out with:

That's a trunk lid,
    f22a1 head (was attempting to pull an a6 head but found a head bolt that was stripped so that was a no go)
    misc hoses/ gaskets
    driver side headlight/bracket
    radiator reservoir
    bumper light socket and bulbs
    trunk drain plugs
    windshield cowling
    fuses
    relays
    what looks like a brand new distributor with blue NGK spark plug wires
    front grill
    other small interior pieces....

Not a bad haul for $82.00. Also found $16.00 on the ground so in reality it was only $66 for all that.

The h22 is fun but I miss the feeling of boost. So with that said,
    Just purchased a cylinder gasket set. Planning on dropping the f22a at the machine shop to get it cleaned and milled back to true. Decided I want to o back to SOHC.

Look for a for sale thread for parts from the F22b i.e Bisimoto stainless steel valves and cam gears
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-20-2018, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Great update ! 8 years. wow... It's running fine?
    It’s tough to say....I believe it’s running rich as it spits a nice flame when I give it a go and shift. I also notice my fuel level goes down quick with some popping when I let the engine compression brake.

I also have developed a coolant leak, I think I know where it’s coming from, which I believe it’s the hose going from the water pipe to the heater core. This hose was a stretch to get it to reach. I think rockauto sent me the wrong hose. Should be an easy fix.

I’m heading to an all you can carry event at my local PAP on Sunday to pull a F22a6 head and a bunch of other miscellaneous things. Need to start buying parts for that head and sell the parts I have for the F22B. So standby for that for sale thread.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Great update ! 8 years. wow... It's running fine?

Leave a comment:

• NH-503P-3
    replied
    Car looks real good. Nice color too.

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    Great progress Nick! I love the look of the wheels on the car as well.

What are the 2 plugs you have left?

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    Sweet update. I hadn't realized your car has been sitting for quite that long.
    Ya it's been a long time, but glad that wait is finally over.

So as I stated earlier I picked up some 07 Civic Si rims with decent tires for pretty cheap.

Had to buy 5mm wheel spacers for them to clear the calibers but they look great and sit pretty flush with the car. I have been checking the torque on the lug nuts after every drive. So far so good. I do plan to get extended studs in the near future, but for now I am happy with the set up.

I still have a lot of cosmetic work to do on the car, for now I am just enjoying driving the car. I have to say the T2W4 transmission really makes a difference when it comes to scooting along. I don't care for the 3200-3500 rpm at 70 mph but I knew what I was getting into. Maybe later on Ill swap out the 5th gear of the F22 so it isn't too bad. I've only put about a 100 miles on it since I got it up and running so I haven't been beating on the clutch too much. I did take it up to 8k rpm the other day and that was fun.

I plan to go to a junkyard when they have their next deal and pull an f22a head as well as pick up some small things. As well as try to identify where the last two plugs I have go.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 12-09-2017, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Sweet update. I hadn't realized your car has been sitting for quite that long.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    So solved most issues. The Speedometer was not working due to me plugging the EGR plug into the VSS and not the correct one. In my post above I asked what the plug with orange, yellow, and black wire went to and guess what that's the VSS harness. I forgot that the VSS plugs into the driver side harness.

Code 3: Was solved when I rewired the Accord Map sensor back in.

Code 41: I replaced the o2 sensor and it works great

I still haven't replaced the IAT sensor yet simply because I haven't bought a stubby yet and I don't want to strip out the screws or remove the intake.

I had to return the passenger side axle, as I took it for a test drive I kept hearing and feeling the axle pop out. Low and behold the Advanced Auto axle that I bought brand new did not come with a c clip installed. Got the new axle with the C clip and it holds the axle in place.

I also purchased a set of 2007 civic SI rims with decent tires. I tried mounting them last night but the fronts are rubbing on the Caliber, so it looks like I am going to have to run a 5mm spacer. Not something I want to do but I loved how they looked when I saw them on Jak FrostwHite's CB.

Also got the exhaust welded up with a flex pipe and now the car isn't embarrassing loud to drive.

Anyways no pictures this thread but wanted to give you guys an update.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 12-09-2017, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    BIG UPDATE!!!!!

But first lets do the story line.....

So since I found my rusted out tank and fuel pump, I decided to replace it with a brand new Walbro pump and tank... This process was pretty straight forward, but I plan to update the DIY since most are dead, so stand by for that.

First I had to clean up the rust on the pump hanger assembly:
    From this:

To this:

Old Fuel tank vs New Fuel Tank:

All put together and ready to be installed:

Once everything was installed I turned the key to "on" position and I heard that lovely hum coming from the fuel pump.

After checking and rechecking wires, hoses, etc... Decided to prime and attempt to start the car......

And after a quick prayer, SHE STARTED!!!!.

I didn't keep her running long because she is currently running open header and it was 11 pm at night.

Any ways the next morning I decided to do her maiden voyage down the street and back. She is driving a little rough, check engine light is on and it is throwing codes 3, 10, and 41.

Code 3: I ended up putting the accord style MAP sensor back on, instead of the prelude one I wired in.(haven't had a chance to drive it after doing so, so waiting to see if that fixed the issue.)

Code 10: Haven't replaced the Intake Air Temp Sensor. I have a spare IAT sensor, but I have to get the one off the h22 out first, which requires a stubby Philips head screw driver.

Code 41: The o2 sensor that came with the swap, it's connector is busted and the wires are loosely in the plug, But I found it was disconnected (again I haven't had a chance to drive after connecting it). I do plan to replace the o2 Sensor soon.

There is still a lot I need to do before I can drive her on the open road but it was nice to be able to drive her out of the garage and down the street and back.

I'm hoping that with the original accord map sensor back in and the o2 sensor connected it will run better.

I also need help on identifying these plugs:

This is on the driver side area, it has orange, yellow, and black wires running to it. Not sure where this goes too: UPDATE: this is the VSS sensor

The second one is on the passenger side right next to the MAP sensor connector:

Its colors are Pink, red/green, and black/yel. This plug goes to a solenoid that was inside the black box. So emission items. Which in my case I deleted a long time ago.

- Replace windshield fairing.
    - Get new tires
    - Get alignment, as well as recenter steering wheel.
    - Get a flex pipe and extend the down pipe to mate to the existing exhaust system.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-30-2018, 12:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GTRON
    replied
    Exciting! I'm really curious on how that quick bumper connect works, I'd love something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    So I finally was able to put electrical power on the car for the first time in 8 years and it was awesome to see that everything worked that was plugged in.

However that joy was short lived, I noticed when I turned the key to the "On" position I did not hear the fuel pump prime. So I checked voltage at the plug in the back and there was 12v waiting and the 12v monetarily on the other pin so I know it gets power.

So I decided to pull the fuel tank and see if I miswired the walbro fuel pump. Low and behold I found why the pump wasn't priming.

[

So the brand new pump I put in 7 years ago along with the fuel tank rusted out, so now I have to replace both the tank and fuel pump. Gotta love finding new issues.

I am thinking I may have to blow out the lines and make sure to clear out all the rust in the lines. I am really hoping I don't have to replace the lines as well.

On a side note I replaced both axles and ball joints on the front, I found my UCA bearing is bad and needs to be replaced as well.

But I did get in my quick bumper disconnects that I plan to install hopefully this week and get the bumper mounted while I wait for the pump and tank to come in.

Next time I park the car for long term I think I am going to fill up the tank to prevent condensation from rusting out the tank again

Also did an oil change and filled up the system with coolant. So once I get the tank and pump installed I should be real close to finally starting the car and hearing it run in 8 years. Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• Alex13mod
    replied
    Good Progress brother

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    So as the old saying goes 10 steps backwards, no steps forward. As I was trying to install the axles I discovered the ball joint is shot. So I had to pull the knuckle to get the ball joint pressed out and go buy a new one.

I then ripped the boot on the cv axle so I have to replace that as well, so while the knuckle is out I'll do that.

Then to add icing on the cake as I'm pinning in the new wires I discovered that the pin that was soldered onto the Vtec solenoid is incorrect and is too small. So I have to solder in the correct pin.

The only good thing I got done today is removing the intercooler and that's it. Today was a waste of a day to work on the car. Kind of upset about it. Was hoping this would have been a little easier. But I guess that's what you get working with a 24 year old car.

/rant
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 10-03-2017, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X