No announcement yet.

R33CB7 : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm.... i'm not into body kits or anything like that, but there's something about yours.... i'm really diggin it man, REAL good job

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

though i really didn't get the chance to talk to you at the meet.. but i should say that this is a cool guy with a sleek kitted car..

Comment

I always love seeing your car in person gerald.... keep it up dawg ...........

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

Some Old School Pics.......

Last edited by R33cb7; 05-03-2007, 02:22 AM.

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

I don't like bodykit but that front bumper look sick on your car
            Accord Of The Month January 09
            Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
            BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by R33cb7

haha funny thing is the other day I was looking at an old Super Street mag recently and I came across what they said about your ride and your future plans...again great job on her...
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Hey how did you do your tail lights?

I have stock 92 wagon tail lights but have always liked the skyline style tail lights. And I'd prefer not to buy after market tail lights but would be willing to DIY my own with some paint to give it the same look.

Also, how much did the front bumper cost you? I think once I get all the bodywork on my car done (eventually) that a skyline front would be kind of nice without being too ricey.

and I agree with you on the rear lip, I've been looking at options myself including the option of just making a lip that adds a few inches to the stock rear body lines and then once bodywork is done having the whole car re-sprayed white (it's that burgundy whine color right now and the paint is toasted except on the passenger side lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Lantis
                  Hey how did you do your tail lights?

I have stock 92 wagon tail lights but have always liked the skyline style tail lights. And I'd prefer not to buy after market tail lights but would be willing to DIY my own with some paint to give it the same look.

Also, how much did the front bumper cost you? I think once I get all the bodywork on my car done (eventually) that a skyline front would be kind of nice without being too ricey.

and I agree with you on the rear lip, I've been looking at options myself including the option of just making a lip that adds a few inches to the stock rear body lines and then once bodywork is done having the whole car re-sprayed white (it's that burgundy whine color right now and the paint is toasted except on the passenger side lol)
                  The taillights are made by TYC. They come with 2 outer shells; a paintable one and a carbon fiber one. As for the front bumper, it's made by VIS. They go for about $250. The one thing I like about this bumper is that it has a removable lip. There is also a carbon fiber lip for this bumper that goes for about 300 bucks.

Comment

The taillights are made by TYC. They come with 2 outer shells; a paintable one and a carbon fiber one. As for the front bumper, it's made by VIS. They go for about $250. The one thing I like about this bumper is that it has a removable lip. There is also a carbon fiber lip for this bumper that goes for about 300 bucks.
                    you're talking about these? http://www.elegantebytyc.com/honda.cfm

how much do they go for? and do they fit wagons? or only sedans? i think wagon has different lights than sedan. darn

Comment

you're talking about these? http://www.elegantebytyc.com/honda.cfm

how much do they go for? and do they fit wagons? or only sedans? i think wagon has different lights than sedan. darn
                      Yeah, those are the ones. As far as fitting them to a wagon, you need to ask some of the wagon guys on here if there is a way to slap on 91 or 92 tail lights on a wagon. They're really knowledgeable on wagons. If you can get them to fit, that shit would look tight!

Comment

Yeah, those are the ones. As far as fitting them to a wagon, you need to ask some of the wagon guys on here if there is a way to slap on 91 or 92 tail lights on a wagon. They're really knowledgeable on wagons. If you can get them to fit, that shit would look tight!

Yeah I remember the one guy did it on his but that it took some cutting and modification to get the fitment. I was really hoping there was just some covers I could throw on there..

The only thing I don't like about the TYC lights is that sticking out turn signal on the sides. I really want them to look like the R32 skyline tail lights.. I think I can probably use one of those fiberglass repair kits, and just fab up some covers but then figuring out which parts can be covered without it interfering with safety but still giving the same round style. and then maybe some slots for the reverse lights similiar to the R32 skyline and just some slots for the corners and turns.

Comment

Wow, you and I were thinking the same thing. I'm not feeling the sides either. I thinking about doing the same thing.

Comment

well if you were in DFW area I would say we could get together some time and get the supplies and make a couple sets but I think you are too far away for that.

the only thing I am worried about it is that if you try to make it with the holes in it it will be difficult, the obvious route would be to cover the whole tail light and then cut the openings, which poses problems with the holes being cut in the right spots and that the holes are evenly spaced and not like all over the place.

Comment

Yo glad to see your car back, pics really don't do justice as even though I didn't like your taillights in pics in person it looked WAY better. Just wish you would do a taillight conversion to r32(I actually think the r32's would fit best with the least body modification) or r33 or maybe even r34 taillights, it would really make your car stand out more, and add to the gtr theme with those tight r33 signal lights in the front, think of front r33 signals rear r33 taillights THAT WOULD BE TIGHT!!! Also maybe some black housed jdm one piece's? Sorry just not a fan of aftermarket projectors. Either way car is pimp keep up the good work.
                              Last edited by dwnhillCB791; 05-09-2007, 06:42 AM.
                              Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

well if you were in DFW area I would say we could get together some time and get the supplies and make a couple sets but I think you are too far away for that.

the only thing I am worried about it is that if you try to make it with the holes in it it will be difficult, the obvious route would be to cover the whole tail light and then cut the openings, which poses problems with the holes being cut in the right spots and that the holes are evenly spaced and not like all over the place.
                                I looked at what parts of the tail lights do what and this is what I came up with as a rough template of what we could do to make some skyline style tail lights.
                                pic is of tnwagon's car but the lights are basically the same as mine, although yours would be slightly different since we have wagons.

instead of filling your thread up with pics, I did up a possible design in plastic and put it all in this thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...897#post988897
                                Last edited by Lantis; 05-10-2007, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X