peteypete : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin good man

I just got 2 things: DIY on the grill? and IMO, you gotta lose the mudflaps, unless theyre functional, then leave em.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Luv that spoiler man - dont see too many cbs with that, looks great on your car.

Member's Ride Thread <------

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=80863

Thats what it issss...

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
        Lookin good man

I just got 2 things: DIY on the grill? and IMO, you gotta lose the mudflaps, unless theyre functional, then leave em.
        thanks. the mud flap on the rear right side is a support for the bumper because rust took out the part were the end of the bumper would clip on and i put a screw in there to keep it from flapping in the wind. so because of this, the flaps have to stay to be even around the car. and as for the grill, i think i did a good job on it, painting it was cheaper than buying the stuff needed to make it look like a g-square grill and it looks good too.
        my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
        MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Originally posted by Kman_
          Luv that spoiler man - dont see too many cbs with that, looks great on your car.

thanks man. i hope that you are not refering to the trunk lip spoiler that i used to have? i got an oem spoiler now, the trunk lip spoiler was a pain the whole time i had it. if you want to know what happened to it theres a post in my members ride page somewere that explained what happened to it though.

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
          MR page

Comment

That grill looks hot no matter what people say
            Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

What kind of paint did you use on the grill? I tried standard flat-black spray, and after it set i was able to peel it off and it was almost a latex-type stuff. It didnt adhere to the grill at all

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

What kind of paint did you use on the grill? I tried standard flat-black spray, and after it set i was able to peel it off and it was almost a latex-type stuff. It didnt adhere to the grill at all
                you need to sand it down, thats what i did to the 92 grill chrome part. something about that chrome that makes the paint not stick on right and will start to peel when dry. after i sanded it down to were there was no more chrome, i put on one light coat of primer and waited for the primer to dry. afterwards, i sanded with 320 paper then i painted it light with gloss black. after the paint dried i put on one coat of clear and it was done. the black part of the grill, i decided to paint it arcadia green to match the color of my car and give it a subtle apperance and overall it looks good.

MR page

Comment

Ah...i thought of sanded the chrome, but didnt think it would work

Ive looked all over for Arcadia Green paint. Both in cans and spray, and i cant find it.

Comment

Ah...i thought of sanded the chrome, but didnt think it would work

Ive looked all over for Arcadia Green paint. Both in cans and spray, and i cant find it.
                    i be finding a lot of cans of arcaida green spray paint in some auto parts stores around were i live at. but the spray paint version i notice is that its arcadia green color without the clear coat mixed in. you would have to add clear coat to any thing painted with the arcadia green spray paint to get the look of the factory original which has a mix of clear coat or pearl mixed in.

MR page

Comment

i got really bored yesterday and i finally decided to put on my polishied valve cover on. i was trying to get it to look chrome but oh well it looks good though. its not perfect but it looks better than the original that was peeling off. here are some pics, enjoy.

what do ya think?
                      Last edited by peteypete; 12-31-2007, 02:13 PM.

MR page

Comment

Originally posted by peteypete
                        i got really bored yesterday and i finally decided to put on my polishied valve cover on. i was trying to get it to look chrome but oh well it looks good though. its not perfect but it looks better than the original that was peeling off. here are some pics, enjoy.

what do ya think?

i just climaxed! that beautiful!!!!!!!!
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

i think it really sets everything off under the hood very nice
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

thanks guys. i just cleaned the motor not to long ago and took these pics at a car wash, armor all sure does wonders, with a little bit of gunk as well.

MR page

Comment

What store(s) are you getting the arcadia paint from? Ive checked wal-marts and local auto parts and nobody has it. Havent asked if they can order it, but i imagine if they dont carry it, they cant order it

Again, i love the ride. Every time i check your pics i see something new. Like the dash trim. I knew it was painted, but didnt know it was color matched.

Comment

wow very clean overall. what do you use in your engine bay to make all the hoses shiney? nice ride!
                                1cor10:31
                                - 92 LX coupe
                                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X