Ronald_Type-R : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack_lee View Post
    sad to hear that the car is stop running again,ronald....hope everything gone well next time u start it up.

u new ride is pretty much awesome though...who u r working actually?what's ur post in there.just curious.
    i believe he works for a exotic dealership
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
      Look at you with your hook ups

Yeah, steering is one issue I've always thought the CB chassis was poor in. Our rack and pinion system hasn't held up well over the last 20 years.
      Haha yeah I figured, what the heck..Might as well, right?

Couldn't agree with you more on the rack & pinion. I'm surprised it held up this long on me, based on my setup and the kind of stress I put on it on a daily basis. That, and changing it looks like it could be a bit of a bitch I'm still more bugged about my front lip more than anything though haha..sucks..

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      dag man. sucks about the lip. hope you can fix it. made your CB look so freakin aggressive so you plan getting the 5mm spacers to fill in the space up front between the fender flare?
      Yeah I really hope I can fix it as well....The 5mm spacers is not so much to fill up space, but more to clear the wheels from the calipers. Right now, the spokes rub against the bleeder valve condom thing haha that's how close it is...A little too close for my comfort!

Originally posted by Jack_lee View Post
      sad to hear that the car is stop running again,ronald....hope everything gone well next time u start it up.

u new ride is pretty much awesome though...who u r working actually?what's ur post in there.just curious.
      Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
      i believe he works for a exotic dealership
      Hehe no guys, they modify cars, not a dealership. Just strictly modifying, not selling

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
        Couldn't agree with you more on the rack & pinion. I'm surprised it held up this long on me, based on my setup and the kind of stress I put on it on a daily basis. That, and changing it looks like it could be a bit of a bitch
        It is a bit of pain to get everything removed, especially with they way they run all the power steering lines. However, the gains you'll see will definitely be worth the swap. You might want to look at the steering shaft as well to see if there is any play in it. I know I have a decent amount of deflection in my entire system but I'm unaware whether it's all in the rack or if some of it is due to the shaft as well.

I'll be interested to see what you have to say about the process and the steering feel after you've changed it.

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

super clean man i like the white rims in the first picture

Comment

Still my fav CB.

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
            "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post

Yeah I really hope I can fix it as well....The 5mm spacers is not so much to fill up space, but more to clear the wheels from the calipers. Right now, the spokes rub against the bleeder valve condom thing haha that's how close it is...A little too close for my comfort!

Ronald
              dag man. pushing it a bit much aint ya? lol. seeing your car makes me want to keep mine and finish it. lol. but i like the new rims man. and i thought i liked the white rims you had before. haha

Comment

Hey guys! Just a little update..As of now, car is still sitting on jackstands, no downpipe, front sway bar and crossmember..Rack & pinion have been disconnected, just need to undo the 4 bolts holding it and the old rack & pinion is coming off the car...

Things waiting to be installed:
                - New rack & pinion and outer tie-rods
                - OEM '95 EX-R 27mm Front Sway Bar
                - Euro-R Intake Manifold + 68mm Blox TB + Hondata IM Gasket
                - 3" Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
                - PLX Wideband 02 sensor + Crome Fully Programmable ECU
                - JDM CL7 Recaro Front Seats

Nothing major, but I'm very excited to have everything installed on the car..I've decided that I will be ditching both my Spoon P13 Race ECU and Bride seats and move on to better things I'll be stripping the car as well for the summer..My goal is to get everything done by next month..Hope for the best!! I'll keep you guys updated

Ronald

Comment

Nice plans man, wish I had the knowledge about cars that you do...I would love to do this stuff to my car!!

...and you're only giving this teaser pic, lol jeez!!

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                  be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

I made a post but since the forum went down it deleted it. so ill repost it again.

I thought what you car would look like with a apr wing in the back. i think it look sick
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

ohhh some nice upgrades all at once!

come on, get some real pics up lol

Comment

What type of cam are you using to take your pics lol. Nice cb mines graay too ftw.

Comment

Your car looks amazing!!!!!
                          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          My coupe!!!
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Sounds good Ronald, but I think you're making a mistake getting rid of the Spoon ECU and going to Crome though. Also, aren't the oem Recaros heavier seats than the Brides you have?
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                              I made a post but since the forum went down it deleted it. so ill repost it again.

I thought what you car would look like with a apr wing in the back. i think it look sick
                              I have a CF rear spoiler sitting around for a year now, waiting to be installed...It's nothing like an APR wing though..That might be a little overkill

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                              ohhh some nice upgrades all at once!

come on, get some real pics up lol
                              Hehe it will come bro...Nothing to take pics of at the moment..Still need to find a new front lip/CF diffuser setup..I found it, just haven't purchased it yet..Car looks so ugly without the front lip

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
                              What type of cam are you using to take your pics lol. Nice cb mines graay too ftw.
                              Nikon D2Hs

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
                              Your car looks amazing!!!!!
                              Thanks man!

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                              Sounds good Ronald, but I think you're making a mistake getting rid of the Spoon ECU and going to Crome though. Also, aren't the oem Recaros heavier seats than the Brides you have?
                              Hehe as much as I love my Spoon P13, the car will definitely need to be tuned properly once the Euro-R IM, 68mm TB etc. have been installed..Later on I'll be upgrading my exhaust, as well as a set of cams, so Crome is definitely a good investment for me...The Spoon ECU seems to work great on a bone stock H22, but I think it's time for me to jump into some real ECU tuning and start learning a thing or two about it Why do you think it's a mistake, bro?

As for the Recaros..They are heavier than my Zeta II, but they are lighter than my Brix II...So I guess it balances out? lol well, the Recaros are only 80% sure for now..

Ronald

Comment

every time i see your CB on jack stands that means something crazy is in the works. lol. be sure to get a dyno run in so we can see numbers and do a vid of it. haha

Comment

Working...
                                X